Evil Dead Rise

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
We do not have a clue yet how this film will handle the balance between horror and comedy. But without Bruce as Ash I would prefer something more straight. Some black humor and some gore are welcome too of course. After all we still talk about EVIL DEAD. But in general I would prefer something that is scarier and claustrophobic and less funny or gory.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Whelp, we now have an idea of where the movie is going tonewise; per an interview published by blairwitch.de which was reproduced by JoBlo with Bruce:

"This one’s dark, this one’s pretty serious. Good, strong performances. "

Further plot details:

This family is not the same at the end of the movie. The whole family’s destroyed. These people get possessed; brothers, sisters, sons, daughters. This one’s a family affair. They’re all related in this one. I think that makes the possession and killing your siblings, things like that, even harder.”

This makes me wonder
how much of the horror is psychological, considering the low amount of blood used.

Muzzlehatch

Loud Mouth Braggart
Whelp, we now have an idea of where the movie is going tonewise; per an interview published by blairwitch.de which was reproduced by JoBlo with Bruce:

Further plot details:

This family is not the same at the end of the movie. The whole family’s destroyed. These people get possessed; brothers, sisters, sons, daughters. This one’s a family affair. They’re all related in this one. I think that makes the possession and killing your siblings, things like that, even harder.”

This makes me wonder
how much of the horror is psychological, considering the low amount of blood used.
Sounds like the kind of movie I am looking for :)

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member

Further plot details:

This makes me wonder
Sounds very serious in tone.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
It'll be interesting to see what we end up with!

MaidOfKandar

Staff member

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
Yes, I'm pretty certain Cronin is Irish.

Lee Cronin's first film, A Hole in the Ground was also filmed in Dublin.
Thanks Deadite_Scholar, for me no Bruce is always going to be a move away from 'the (un)holy trilogy', I enjoyed Fede's remake so I'm looking forward to seeing what Lee's going to do with the name.

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
New concept poster by Creepy Duck Design:

6wUqvAr.jpg

Ryan W.

Loud Mouth Braggart
So it's really going to be on just HBO Max, no theatrical release? I'll have to wait for the DVD or Blu-Ray disk.

Top Bottom