Evil Dead Rise

DeathLivesAgain

Loud Mouth Braggart
Whether Evil Dead Rise gets canceled as a tax-write off (never to be officially released) or not, it is pretty much a finished work, so we should be able to watch a leaked near/fully complete Evil Dead Rise if it does get the axe.

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Oof, major gossip about what'll happen to the flick, but since it tested so well I have a hunch it'll be released (or escape, as Bruce likes to say) sometime next year!

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Oof, major gossip about what'll happen to the flick, but since it tested so well I have a hunch it'll be released (or escape, as Bruce likes to say) sometime next year!

Everyone was planning for Evil Dead Rise to come out this fall, but the internet(s) sleuths were on top of their game when watching HBO Max and Warner Bros. in the lead up to the big convention... and we should consider ourselves lucky this movie is getting a theatrical release in April a little over 10 years after Evil Dead 2013.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky

Kain

Captain Supermarket
Staff member
Haha. I found the Evil Dead remake pretty forgettable myself and never had the urge to re-watch it. Luckily, I got to go to a free screening. I hope RIse will be really good and worthy of repeat viewings.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
Heyy, I guessed right about the release year. Since it tested well I knew it'd made it out somehow!

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
Haha. I found the Evil Dead remake pretty forgettable myself and never had the urge to re-watch it. Luckily, I got to go to a free screening. I hope RIse will be really good and worthy of repeat viewings.

I saw it twice since the theater had weekday showings for six bucks instead of ten in the early afternoons, and still root for Eric to go out painfully when watching it... but Jane Levy was so amazing as Mia. The only problem I have with each passing year is when when Fede celebrates the release by sharing things like the original ending which was changed by Sam Raimi, but after that he decided to release the last page of the first draft of the movie.

Swofty

Hero from the Sky
Staff member
I re watched the remake tonight, a friend asked me to show him the AOD directors cut so we did then I put on the remake afterwards which he'd not seen before .. hipster Eric was still annoying (not as annoying as 'know it all nurse' though) so it was fun to watch Eric getting trashed during the nail gun scene again .. I'm still fond of the brutal intent of Fede's film over all because I think he captured the cruel spirit of the original at least but nothing will ever match the original for it's 'pull a rubber band back, release it and then just f**ck it! let's GO!' approach. Mia was the only character I cared about in the remake. The opening scenes to Fede's remake were great IMO.

MaidOfKandar

Staff member
I don't know why you're all laughing? .. ("who's laughing now?!") .. a simple back to basics two tone coloured poster .. fan made or not, YES PLEASE !!..
I was reaching for the thumb's up!

I saw it twice since the theater had weekday showings for six bucks instead of ten in the early afternoons, and still root for Eric to go out painfully when watching it... but Jane Levy was so amazing as Mia. The only problem I have with each passing year is when when Fede celebrates the release by sharing things like the original ending which was changed by Sam Raimi, but after that he decided to release the last page of the first draft of the movie.

Every time Fede releases a new tidbit related to the remake, I'm reminded why -- without Sam's mentorship and minus Jane's presence -- everything he's released since "Don't Breathe" has been a failure in one respect or another.

Nick el Ass

Hero from the Sky
I was reaching for the thumb's up!

Every time Fede releases a new tidbit related to the remake, I'm reminded why -- without Sam's mentorship and minus Jane's presence -- everything he's released since "Don't Breathe" has been a failure in one respect or another.

Fede is living up to his Twitter bio "I make films to piss you off," and I have zero plans to see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre thing he wrote based on reviews... but if it keeps him away from the long rumored sequel to Labyrinth I support it.

Ok, so can we talk about whatever that is on the hat? Looks like a bloody cane with like, a doll head and bowtie on the end? I have to assume its important to the plot of they decided to embroider it on a hat.

Yeah, it looks like a bloody stick with a head attached to it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom