Evil Dead: Soul Swallower Edition -FAN EDIT-

Cowlicker72

S-Mart Clerk
Joined
Dec 10, 2019
Goodday!
Ill start off on how this fan edit came into existence before getting into the nitty gritty.
I am a massive fan of Sam Raimi so when I heard somewhere online that its very easy to edit evil dead 1,2 and 3 together i was ecstatic but when I sat down to watch it with my mates we had some issues that really became apparent when we went from the straight horror of evil dead 1 to the bad joke comedy of army of darkness it felt like complete tonal whiplash.
This fan edit started as just a project to keep a consistent tone throughout the trilogy but over the span of a week it quickly evolved into a multimovie project designed to fix/remove bad special effects, Bad jokes and make the trilogy feel like 1 complete movie.
I have worked on many fan edits in my spare time (Only for personal use)
For the three movies I decided to use the same encoder releases (I do own all three films on multiple different medias)
So i picked FRANKeNCODE’s releases of the movies so each movie would be similar in bitrate and aspect ratio.
For army of darkness I used both the theatrical version and directors cut version to make one complete film, I prefer the directors cuts color grading for daytime and the theatricals cuts color grading for night time.
------------------------------------------EVIL DEAD 1 EDITS------------------------------------------------------------
For evil dead 1 I only had to edit 2 or 3 scenes as nearly everything is perfect already.

 
 
Servers are shitting out and not allowing me to post the last part so here it is in image form
 
There will be many many more edits coming to this fan edit. Ill update as I continue editing.
Thinking of commissioning an artist to paint custom artwork for this fan edit.
The Fan edit will release sometime in mid 2020, 100% before halloween

FORMAT…: MP4
VIDEO CODEC…: H.264
AUDIO CODEC…: ACC STEREO
FILE SIZE…: APPROX 18GB
RESOLUTION…: 1920*1080
FRAME RATE…: 23.976 fps
LANGUAGE…: English
SUBTITLES…: NONE
RUNTIME…: 3hr's 40 mins APPROX
 
I love this! I made my own Trilogy edition, very similar to this, but I am no editor, so I simply cut the beginning and ending of Evil Dead 2 and joined the movies together, but I would love to see this cut! I'm sure it'll be better. Love the red blood instead of green!!! Please let us know when it's ready to view/download!
 
Thanks for showing us this, I'm looking forward to your updates :cool:
 
Top Bottom