Evil Dead: The Game has been delisted from Playstation Store and Epic Games

Also while getting Bruce, Betsy, Dana, Ellen, Lucy, Ray, Rich, Shiloh, Theresa, etc... Saber showed they were impatient when it came to getting Jane Levy who said she would have been more than happy to voice Mia although she was switching agents at the time. Ted also reportedly recorded lines and Chet didn't make it into the game. Hell, they also missed out on Joel Tobeck for Baal who they interviewed.
I would love to know how far they got with the Rise content before the plug was pulled on it. I remember seeing a video with some people discussing the game shortly after it was announced that there would be no more content, and one guy who has contacts (at either Boss Team or Saber) said that the deal to get Rise stuff was 100% finalized and models (of characters or locations or what I'm not sure) were not quite done, but pretty close to being finished when they got the word to stop.
 
I would love to know how far they got with the Rise content before the plug was pulled on it. I remember seeing a video with some people discussing the game shortly after it was announced that there would be no more content, and one guy who has contacts (at either Boss Team or Saber) said that the deal to get Rise stuff was 100% finalized and models (of characters or locations or what I'm not sure) were not quite done, but pretty close to being finished when they got the word to stop.

Rise's release date got moved from an October date on HBO/Max in 2022 in favor of a theatrical release in April of 2023, and that caused some conflicts... but I don't know how far along they had gotten in their work since they had just added David and Mia in September of 2022 along with the Witch which they created the Plaugebringer class of demons for. The last addition was Ruby in February followed by Brock in April of 2023. By September they gave up.
 
Last edited:
The cabin has the laughing deer head that you can trap as a demon making it laugh if people try to walk over and pick up items near it, and Splatter Royal was largely a waste of time with a horde mode being a better option. The best finish I ever got was 3rd in Splatter, but the fact that you could play as anyone in it and use a chainsaw much like Ash by attaching it to your arm was odd when people begged them to make it so Mia could carry one. Now on Friday the 13th people were able to host their own matches peer to peer which is not possible in Evil Dead: The Game so when the servers go it goes.

Also while getting Bruce, Betsy, Dana, Ellen, Lucy, Ray, Rich, Shiloh, Theresa, etc... Saber showed they were impatient when it came to getting Jane Levy who said she would have been more than happy to voice Mia although she was switching agents at the time. Ted also reportedly recorded lines and Chet didn't make it into the game. Hell, they also missed out on Joel Tobeck for Baal who they interviewed.
I had no idea about the deer head. I need to try that sometimes!
I thought that the game already has a P2P mode, but if not and we'd have to rely on Saber to add it before the shutdown, then it really is all over.
I love Jane Levy and was disappointed she isn't in the game, but still I choose to admire how many people they were able to get back over the few they didn't.
 
In other video games based on old horror IP news, the Texas Chainsaw Massacre game will get no more DLC or patches/bug fixes by the end of May:
Seems like there's a line in here specifically referencing what has happened with Evil Dead: The Game...
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre will still be playable and is NOT being delisted from store fronts.
And to say people are unhappy is a bit of an understatement...
 
Seems like there's a line in here specifically referencing what has happened with Evil Dead: The Game...

Gun taking a shot at Saber Interactive for delisting their game after nearly 2 years of no content is silly since Saber to their credit decided not to try to milk any more money from fans of the asym genre/movies alike by keeping it up in stores.


Oh, btw... Killer Klowns from Outer Space got dozens of new items around the 1 year anniversary, and may outlast both Evil Dead: The Game and Texas Chainsaw Massacre despite having 4 active players.
 
Found this almost two years old video explaining what went down with the game. It's a conversation between two prominent streamers of Evil Dead backed with some screenshot(s) from a supposed developer who worked on the game, though I haven't really heard about these guys before and somebody who's played the game for a longer time than I have will probably have more insight into their integrity and the video overall.

The TL;DR version is that while Saber Madrid put their hearts and souls into actually developing the game, they then passed it on to Saber US, who never really planned to do anything with it long term. So even though the game performed financially much better than expected (with really poor marketing on top of that), Saber US decided to stick to their original plan of squeezing as much from the game in the first year as possible so that they could use the revenue to invest in their future projects, and then just let it die. Honestly it's a pretty frustrating watch/listen and the sheer disinterest and dumbfuckery suggested by this video makes me honestly amazed that the servers are even still up.

There are couple of mentions of Embracer's role in all of this, but apparently the licensing wasn't as big of an issue as I thought it would be. In fact Saber was supposedly in talks with Warner Bros. to bring some Evil Dead Rise content into the game before they decided to just flush it all down the toilet. It's just fucking crazy and I honestly don't know if I should feel worse for us the players or for the original developers. Needles to say I will never buy a game from Saber ever again.
 
One of Saber's big reasons for pulling the plug on ED:TG was the new internal directive to create new IPs instead of licensed ones.
Well, actually, nevermind that... they've been working on a Hellraiser game that is set to be formally announced this week.
There's one paragraph in here that sticks out to me...
Pinhead, the iconic character from the series, was added to Dead by Daylight in 2021 and was removed from the game earlier this year without a completely clear explanation.
When I talked to that (what later turned out to be legit) Mortal Kombat 11 leaker, he said that Saber had come in at the very last second with a hefty offer to acquire the exclusive video game rights for Army of Darkness from MGM before NetherRealm could finalize the deal. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest that Pinhead's removal from DBD was because Saber did the same thing again.
 
Even if they make it an amazing single player game that they will then fully support and expand with DLCs, I'm still not buying anything from them.

And to be fair, a Hellraiser game sounds weird to me, be it single or multiplayer. The original two movies are so unique and the concept so bizarre that none of the other sequels or comics (from those that I've read) weren't able to quite capture it, let alone a video game. Like I actually quite liked the 2022 remake, but even that had some weird "gamified" choices that didn't quite jell with what I think Hellraiser should be (which is totally subjective, of course).
 
Even if they make it an amazing single player game that they will then fully support and expand with DLCs, I'm still not buying anything from them.

And to be fair, a Hellraiser game sounds weird to me, be it single or multiplayer. The original two movies are so unique and the concept so bizarre that none of the other sequels or comics (from those that I've read) weren't able to quite capture it, let alone a video game. Like I actually quite liked the 2022 remake, but even that had some weird "gamified" choices that didn't quite jell with what I think Hellraiser should be (which is totally subjective, of course).

If you see a game involving Saber Interactive in any compacity on the shelves of your local game store turn around and run the opposite direction. They will find a way to mess it up.
 
Lately I have been pretty disappointed with game developers in general. Older games get abandoned way too quickly, and new ones are often poorly optimized and basically require constant hardware upgrades just to run properly. It just feels like you are always chasing performance instead of actually enjoying games.

Because of that I have started playing online casino games from time to time. It is not really a perfect replacement for regular gaming, but honestly it is better than nothing. Usually I pick something from here https://somagyarkaszinok.com/befizetes-nelkuli-bonusz/ since you can test games without depositing and also read all the conditions beforehand, which I like. Another thing I enjoy is that a lot of these games can be played on a tablet, so you do not need heavy hardware at all. It is just much more convenient compared to modern PC or console games.
 
Last edited:
I still play it because I bought it before, and as long as the servers are up I want to get as much out of it as I can. But honestly it is really sad. The game had so much potential and could have been supported for a long time with new characters, maps, and modes. Instead they just abandoned it. It is a shame because the core of the game was great, they just never gave it the chance to really grow.
Also trying to play as much as I can since it's most likely gonna get shut down late April/early May (one year after the delisting). So keep on playing and if you spot me in a match (Hurley815), feel free to add me!
 
Last edited:
It's now been (slightly) over one year since the delisting and the servers are still up and there has been no word about imminent shutdown. Makes me feel kinda hopeful.
 
Anyone for a "Fist Full of Boomstick" Remake Or "Regeneration" Remaster on latest consoles? Id be up for that. I think the Online/ fortnite Style of gaming is dying pretty fast .
 
Sabre has shut down the official Discord for the game. They said that people should find alternative ways to communicate, suggesting that the servers for the game itself will stay up for a while longer, but the fact that they did this on the day of the premiere of a new Evil Dead movie really feels like an extra Fuck You to all the fans.
 
I contacted Saber directly and they said that they are "planning to keep the servers up for the foreseeable future", which is still frustratingly vague but better than nothing I guess.
hV1s4ci.jpeg
 
Top Bottom