Extended Edition of the remake to be released for Halloween

MaidOfKandar

I May Be Bad But I Feel...Good....
Staff member
Joined
Mar 31, 2013
Seems like hearsay. Why isn't it up for pre-order yet?
 
Wouldn't be shocked if it is - and it wouldn't even be the tenth time Fede's spouted off about something that ends up never happening.

Maybe it's a digital-only release? I never know with him anymore. Dread Central's usually reputable though, which is why I posted it.
 
He's probably trying to cash in on the popularity of Don't Breathe as much as he can. In ten years copy of the remake will be plastered with 'From the director of Don't Breathe", ironically, since it's majorly outgrossed TED at this point.
 
They were holding out the whole time to double the cost in sales on the DVD/Blu-ray for the film. No other reason.
 
Elise41 said:
They were holding out the whole time to double the cost in sales on the DVD/Blu-ray for the film. No other reason.

If that's the reason they went there then they should be ashamed of the super scanty extras they put on the first edition.  There's no excuse for that.  

I did notice a bunch of copies of the basic version at Big Lots the other day, which is usually a sign someone's shedding unsold store stock.
 
From Bloody Disgusting, looks like the Unrated Edition will come out so far on Digital

http://bloody-disgusting.com/home-video/3409774/unrated-evil-dead-swallow-soul-halloween-exclusive/

ED_zpst1e4vtj4.jpg
 
Huh! I wonder why they chose to go all-digital on this. I know people who've been holding back on buying the original DVD release hoping they'd release an extended cut.
 
Here are the specs Bloody Disgusting released, by the by.
 
It's up on walmart.com to buy for 13.99. Sadly, I'm not in the US so I can't download it. Although I do have a copy of the Channel 4 version, but would love the full HD copy.
 
Do you have a link? I checked their website and I can only find the standard and SE hard copies with digital downloads attached.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
Do you have a link?  I checked their website and I can only find the standard and SE hard copies with digital downloads attached.



https://www.walmart.com/ip/55026225  I think this is it?


Edit.. well… it was available all along.  Just checked the link now, and it says it is unavailable…. strange.

(still on the kudu platform: http://www.vudu.com/movies/#!content/807519/Evil-Dead-Unrated)


This is what the Walmart website looked like hours ago:

Screen_Shot_2016_11_11_at_17_24_32.png
 
Thank you!

It's likely that Vudu's their major digital carrier and they're vending for Vudu versus selling the digital download on their site.
 
I rented it last month, i liked the additional parts, doesnt make it vastly different. I would guess next year somewhere will release this on Blu might not be the US though.
 
I saw the movie twice in the theater, and saw some clips when someone posted them on Youtube which would have been cool to see in the movie... but they have waited too long to release any extra footage for me to care.
 
I saw the movie twice in the theater, and watched some of the new clips when someone posted them over on Youtube... but I still can't figure out why most of it failed to make the theatrical cut because it would have made for a much better movie. None the less, they have waited too long to release this extended cut.
 
I'm amazed that they released that movie without the chainsaw scene after hyping it so hard in the trailer.
 
Top Bottom