Extended versions on IMdB

FlofromFrance

Primitive Screwhead
Joined
Jun 16, 2015
Hello everybody,
 
Nice to meet you all. It's a real pleasure to discover this website and forum.

I have a question for you. IMdB suggests that an extended version of the first “Evil Dead” and of “Army of darkness” exists. 96mn for the first one and 101mn for the third one. Do you know anything about these cuts and how I could see them ?

Thanks ! Bye.
 
FlofromFrance
 
I'm not sure about the Evil Dead cut, but the 101 minute AOD edit is probably the Primitive Screwhead Edition, which mixes together all of the released scenes availible in the movie's many different cuts (US Release/Euro Release/Director's Cut/SciFi Cut). It's actually 104 minutes long.  It's not availible through legal means, either.  I defer to everyone else on the ED cut.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
I'm not sure about the Evil Dead cut, but the 101 minute AOD edit is probably the Primitive Screwhead Edition, which mixes together all of the released scenes availible in the movie's many different cuts (US Release/Euro Release/Director's Cut/SciFi Cut). It's actually 104 minutes long.  It's not availible through legal means, either.  I defer to everyone else on the ED cut.

Thanks a lot for your answer. And what are the differences between the Director's Cut and SciFi Cut ? How long is each of them ?
 
FlofromFrance said:
MaidOfKandar said:
I'm not sure about the Evil Dead cut, but the 101 minute AOD edit is probably the Primitive Screwhead Edition, which mixes together all of the released scenes availible in the movie's many different cuts (US Release/Euro Release/Director's Cut/SciFi Cut). It's actually 104 minutes long.  It's not availible through legal means, either.  I defer to everyone else on the ED cut.

Thanks a lot for your answer. And what are the differences between the Director's Cut and SciFi Cut ? How long is each of them ?


Welcome to Deadites. I think the Sci-Fi (SyFy) version is around 88 minutes which I think has an earlier arrival of Henry, and the scene in which Ash leaves the windmill for his horse was different. I'm sure there is more, but I haven't seen it in so long I can't recall anything else. The directors cut is 96 minutes long. I think the extended version for The Evil Dead you mentioned being on IMDB is just the non censored version that has about 50 seconds, or so of more footage than the UK version in which they cut out certain parts. 
 
FlofromFrance said:
MaidOfKandar said:
I'm not sure about the Evil Dead cut, but the 101 minute AOD edit is probably the Primitive Screwhead Edition, which mixes together all of the released scenes availible in the movie's many different cuts (US Release/Euro Release/Director's Cut/SciFi Cut). It's actually 104 minutes long.  It's not availible through legal means, either.  I defer to everyone else on the ED cut.

Thanks a lot for your answer. And what are the differences between the Director's Cut and SciFi Cut ? How long is each of them ?

Welcome to Deadites. I think the Sci-Fi (SyFy) version of Army of Darkness is around 88 minutes which I think has an earlier arrival of Henry, and the scene in which Ash leaves the windmill for his horse was different. I'm sure there is more, but I haven't seen it in so long I can't recall anything else. The directors cut is 96 minutes long. However, I think the extended version for The Evil Dead you mentioned being on IMDB is just the non censored version that has about 50 seconds... or so of more footage than the UK version in which they cut out certain parts. I'm sure you can find the movies on Amazon, or at a video store if they still have those anywhere.
 
Nick el Ass said:
FlofromFrance said:
MaidOfKandar said:
I'm not sure about the Evil Dead cut, but the 101 minute AOD edit is probably the Primitive Screwhead Edition, which mixes together all of the released scenes availible in the movie's many different cuts (US Release/Euro Release/Director's Cut/SciFi Cut). It's actually 104 minutes long.  It's not availible through legal means, either.  I defer to everyone else on the ED cut.

Thanks a lot for your answer. And what are the differences between the Director's Cut and SciFi Cut ? How long is each of them ?

Welcome to Deadites. I think the Sci-Fi (SyFy) version of Army of Darkness is around 88 minutes which I think has an earlier arrival of Henry, and the scene in which Ash leaves the windmill for his horse was different. I'm sure there is more, but I haven't seen it in so long I can't recall anything else. The directors cut is 96 minutes long. However, I think the extended version for The Evil Dead you mentioned being on IMDB is just the non censored version that has about 50 seconds... or so of more footage than the UK version in which they cut out certain parts. I'm sure you can find the movies on Amazon, or at a video store if they still have those anywhere.

Thanks for your answer ! I will also check the lenght of my very first VHS of Evil Dead. All the versions, DVD and Blu-Ray, I saw on internet are 82' or 85', never 96' (11' more ???).
 
Also there's a full list of discrepancies between edits on the book of the dead website.
 
Top Bottom