Fede Alvarez hinting at Evil Dead 2?

You can't really go back to the cabin because it was burnt down and the book is now either missing or still out there in the woods, it's very worrying with how fede would move the story forward when the first film ended off in a very stand alone manner that does leave much room for him to continue Mia's story in comparison to his other film which had a nice open ending that leaves him a lot of room to make a sequel.

I really don't think the first movie ended in a stand alone matter at all. If anything i felt it ended in a perfect manner for a sequel. I mean they even set it up for a sequel in the post credit scene (the one that wasn't in the actual movie).

Fede loves to spitball like this on Twitter. The editing process for his Lisbeth Salander must be running long. I wouldn't be shocked if this happens down the way.

I'm pretty sure Lisbeth Salander movie is finished? I saw Fede and Claire were doing some early press. I guess its very possible its still getting cut while the press was taking place. But yea, i don't see Fede making that poll tweet unless he really wants to make those 2 sequels.


Fede will likely get dragged from here to hell by certain groups for doing it

Fede will get dragged regardless of whatever he does at this point by certain groups , the Evil Dead fan base has been mightily divided.

@Joem1k I like Pablo but he and Kelly would be harder to fit into the Mia universe of strictly horror. The only way Mia will work is straight horror, there can’t be any comedic relief, for me anyway.

I don't agree with this , Mia could transfer to semi-comedic just like Ash did from The Evil Dead to Evil Dead 2, although im not sure if i would trust Fede to try his hands on comedic writing. If he got someone who is good with that type of comedy tho in the creators room i don't see why it couldn't work. Although im almost sure the sequel will not be comedic.

@Joem1k We’re speaking pretty far into the hypothetical here, first that this movie is even getting made, second that the Ghostbeaters would even be in it, but IF Mia ever crosses over, my choice is Brandy. It could be when Ash is missing so Mia and Ash don’t have to meet, which it seems most people don’t want.

This comes back to what i said above with the fanbase being divided , i saw plenty of people under Fede's twitter telling him to crossover Ash and Mia and there are equal amounts of people who want to keep the two separate. Me personally if they ever decided to crossover i would much rather it was Ash and Mia instead of Mia and Brandy (or Ghostbeaters). I just do't think that Mia and Ghostbeaters would work. (not because the comedic aspect, but because there are too many main characters to fit in an Evil Dead movie)

Again this is all a big hypothetical , maybe the way they set it up it works well with whatever they want to crossover with. I just don't think any of the Evil Dead crew really had a solid thinking ahead plan for the franchise. (imo that was proved with the way they approached the show)
 
I still think the crossover is an unlikely and dump idea. But if they would make one they should it keep it straight horror like the remake and only bring Ash back in a gritty depressing Logan-style way.
 
It could be when Ash is missing so Mia and Ash don’t have to meet, which it seems most people don’t want.

I've seen this mentioned here a couple of times already and I don't know where it's coming from. I wanna clarify that the people who are vehemently against the crossover are against it simply because it doesn't make any sense. It might make sense from a business and marketing standpoint, but it certainly doesn't make any sense from a narrative standpoint. The remake and the main series are set in two completely different worlds. The remake is its own separate story, even with its own version of the mythology. What the anti-crossover people are objecting to isn't just Mia meeting up with Ash, specifically. It's Mia meeting up with ANY character or element that's a part of the canonical main series. That includes Brandy, Kelly and Pablo. The point is that if Mia were to meet up with any character we already know from the Ash side of the franchise, it would have to be a different, new and "rebooted" version of the character that already exists in the remake world and probably even recast. That's the only way I can see it working from a story standpoint, except that it would actually defeat the purpose of crossing over in the first place when looking at it from the business side of things, so once again we're back in the "bad idea" camp.

I don't really like the remake at all, but I don't think a sequel would be automatically bad. I really wouldn't trust Fede all that much with it, but a sequel could still be a good film. Just as long as it remains Mia's story. In my opinion, crossing over would ruin both stories and do a disservice to both sides. It would be like trying to mix oil and water.
 
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure Lisbeth Salander movie is finished? I saw Fede and Claire were doing some early press. I guess its very possible its still getting cut while the press was taking place. But yea, i don't see Fede making that poll tweet unless he really wants to make those 2 sequels.

Hmm, I could've sworn they were in post-production, but you're right and I did see them on a red carpet recently.

The person who cut the fan trailer together is super talented; their use of original footage was pretty seamless.
 
The use of the "Baby Little Baby" lullaby is probably my favorite thing in that fanmade trailer. Creepy as hell.
 
Did the “future of Evil Dead” thread disappear? I’ll post it here then.

I don’t know how to directly post the tweet, but when asked about doing voice or motion capture for a video game, Bruce responded

“Fans are wonderfully nit-picky. I can’t talk particulars yet, but I think fans will dig the upcoming incarnations.”
 
Did the “future of Evil Dead” thread disappear? I’ll post it here then.

I don’t know how to directly post the tweet, but when asked about doing voice or motion capture for a video game, Bruce responded

“Fans are wonderfully nit-picky. I can’t talk particulars yet, but I think fans will dig the upcoming incarnations.”

I'm thinking video game
 
It is inevitable that we will see a new movie and/or movies, but if they do make a game they need to involve the people who made Fistful of Boomstick along with the whole AvED cast. I don't want to see anything else like the mobile app Lionsgate just put out a few days ago.
 
I'm thinking video game

If it’s a game featuring Ash, that would directly conflict with retiring. At this point, all I care about is seeing a post-apocalyptic Evil Dead 4 that follows the tone of the end of season 3. I will look at anything else as a stepping stone or as being a placeholder until Evil Dead 4. I would love a video game, but if he’s going to be Ash in a game then it makes zero sense to not do a movie.
 
If it’s a game featuring Ash, that would directly conflict with retiring. At this point, all I care about is seeing a post-apocalyptic Evil Dead 4 that follows the tone of the end of season 3. I will look at anything else as a stepping stone or as being a placeholder until Evil Dead 4. I would love a video game, but if he’s going to be Ash in a game then it makes zero sense to not do a movie.

I mean, its possible that he did the voice over or whatever it is way before Ash vs Evil Dead was cancelled...so i wouldn't say that it conflicts with retiring.

Again, always assuming that he is talking about a video game .
 
I don't want a THQ game studio touching the Evil Dead license again.


I had no idea, but THQ apparently went bankrupt years ago... and ended up selling off all their titles to a bunch of various companies so it could be interesting to see who ended up with the rights to the Evil Dead games after that. However, it doesn't really matter if they start a whole new series based off of AvED/ED 20013.
 
Last edited:
I would say that the video games bring a whole lot more entertainment value then the comics. Regeneration in particular. Too much fun! But of course they will never compare to the original franchise.
 
More of Fede muddying the waters.

He sounds exhausted by the subject at this point.
 
Well much like Bruce, everything he does is going to be "cool, but when is Evil Dead?" They can try to run from it but that's what launched both of their careers
 
Top Bottom