Free GIFT to ED fans: the EVIL PREQUEL series

I enjoyed your story about the origins of 'The Evil Force' .. I wasn't so keen on the cartoon intro but only because it 'visually' was different then your mash-up film images used later on .. I will keep watching it though so thank you.
 
From my point of view, the cartoon introduction indeed feels evil dead-ish somehow i can't even explain...the main issue for me is the balance between cartoon scenes and real footage material scenes. Simply speaking, the cartoon introduction takes too much time (again, from my point of view!). Had this "prologue" been shorter (let's say, a couple of minutes just to introduce the idea of a bucolic world this sets up in), the result would have been much better. Actually, the real footage parts looked kinda rushed at the end, compared to the whole film.

On the other hand, the story screams Evil Dead to me! even more, the upcoming material you described for next films...
 
I kind of liked the idea that the entity behind the evil force
started off as a benevolent super-creature in the woods. It also explained why this force and the deadites are referred to as 'the Evil Dead'. I've often been a bit confused by that, as the body possessed by the demons are not always dead. If one is referring to the entity/entities themselves, then that makes sense. Being(s) that used to be alive and take up residence in human beings, both living and dead.

My idea of demons growing up is that they are essentially spirits without a body and have always been so, unless they possess someone. I.e. they were created that way and that's their natural state, for want of a better term. I think that comes from Christian upbringing where demons are seen as fallen angels, not the ghosts of those who have died. (I'm aware that the evil spirits from these films are not fallen angels, but it was easy to associate them as being the same kind of thing.)

That being said there are even some who believe demons and fallen angels are separate things, even amongst the Christian community. According to that theory, the demons were physical non-human creatures who populated the world before the coming of man, or in some cases they overlapped with them. When they were wiped out (possibly due to their great evil - which suggests again they might not have always been that way) their spirits continued to haunt the earth and attempted to find residence in new bodies... Kind of similar to your story.

I've also read an excerpt from the apocryphal book of Enoch, which was slightly different. In that case, demons were the spirits of the nephilim destroyed in the great flood. (The Nephilim were thought to be a hibrid species as the result of human women mating with fallen angels. In physical form they were giants, but not far off from the concept of Dark Ones as explained in Ash vs Evil Dead.) Same kind of idea.
 
Thanks SO much for these answers!!

Swofty and Irusisiul: I'm so glad you liked the story, and specially that you find it to be "ED", and I'm deeply relieved that Irusisiul finds the cartoon part to be "Evil Dead-ish" too.

If you are wondering why it has to be cartoon, instead of living-action, well there two main, unavoidable reasons for that.
Main one was, of course, practical: no living-action footage of mythical animales as these abound. Most of movies with centaurs, fauns, etc, are mostly depicting them on a very specific action and/or interacting with other characters and/or set in a background which wasn't strictly a virgin forest and/or treated with shadows and "horror-movie" feel. No footage of them in "daily-life" situations exist, so I actually had not many choices.

So the best choice was using Disney's "Fantasia" footage, which is full of these kind os scenes, ad perfectly set the tone of the "idilic times" before the darkness came.

But then, sometimes having no choice is a quite good thing, because acceptance can bring surprises! In fact I realized being forced to use cartoons was excellent in narrative terms to reinforce something: I realized it could be a good idea (at least "in the paper") to have a different visual style between these two "Ages", being the first one, the idilic, peacefull, pleasure-based, full of light one depicted with Disney-styled animation... It would also help to depict that age as an age of innocence, 100% empty of evil, like a happy pure childhood time.

Then, the second age... when Death came, would be represented by a new visual style with live-action. Tougher, with shadows, violence, etc. Like the death of innocence and childhood, and the start of shadows.
So the "Evil Spirit" would be like a sort of "Evil Peter Pan", a child who denied growing up; hence his twisted mentality and ways, being playful yet corrupted, sadistic, like a mad dangerous children. Also, being a former creature of pleasure and fertility now without a body, explains his "obsession" with "raping" humans in a twisted, deformed way: it's a ghost wanting to do what he did when he was alive, but cannot, so he does a monstruous parody of it.

Well, that was the though. As said, it could work "on paper" yet the real test was to see if the visual-styles contrast could actually work for the audience!

In such terms, I understand what Irusisiul mentions about, under his point of view, the cartoon prologue being "too long". On one hand my friend... I don't know if you've actually watched the "Fantasia" movie, but if you haven't, let me tell you the edition I did of these scenes is MASSIVE. xD. I really cut everything I felt was superfluous because I was conscious that the prologue lenght could become a defect. The "Fantasia" movie is pretty much a contemplative one, created to enjoy classical music with images not necessarily narrative. It's more poetry than telling any story. I do dig that, and maybe... maybe I could have edited it even more to make it shorter, but to be honest, I was kinda in love with these old classical Disney material (it's from 1940s nonetheless!!), and with the chance of depicting that idilic times before the fall, so I wanted to give it as much time as possible so the sudden Horror that would come afterwards would be more dramatic. I understand, though, viewers can feel so much "contemplation" isn't necessary since the point could have been made -as you mention- in just 2 minutes. I totally understand this. Yet, realize this: of course the "horror" from the last part feels rushed and unbalanced with the prologue... but the horror is gonna be extended in many, many, many minutes afterwards (the sequel with the cavemen, 30 minutes... the next chapters to come, XX minutes... the actual "Evil Dead" movies and series, several hours...) so I thought, hey, 5 minutes of Idilic Disney cuteness cannot be that much! ^_^

Of course, again... those are thoughts. If all this works or not is something as a creator one doesn't really knows. Editing takes so much hours that one's mind has serious difficulties to be objective at one point (reason why all your feedbacks are so valuable, my friends, specially as honest and superb as those you are giving -love you!-).


Mardeadite said:
I kind of liked the idea that the entity behind the evil force
started off as a benevolent super-creature in the woods. It also explained why this force and the deadites are referred to as 'the Evil Dead'. I've often been a bit confused by that, as the body possessed by the demons are not always dead. If one is referring to the entity/entities themselves, then that makes sense. Being(s) that used to be alive and take up residence in human beings, both living and dead.

My idea of demons growing up is that they are essentially spirits without a body and have always been so, unless they possess someone. I.e. they were created that way and that's their natural state, for want of a better term. I think that comes from Christian upbringing where demons are seen as fallen angels, not the ghosts of those who have died. (I'm aware that the evil spirits from these films are not fallen angels, but it was easy to associate them as being the same kind of thing.)

That being said there are even some who believe demons and fallen angels are separate things, even amongst the Christian community. According to that theory, the demons were physical non-human creatures who populated the world before the coming of man, or in some cases they overlapped with them. When they were wiped out (possibly due to their great evil - which suggests again they might not have always been that way) their spirits continued to haunt the earth and attempted to find residence in new bodies... Kind of similar to your story.

I've also read an excerpt from the apocryphal book of Enoch, which was slightly different. In that case, demons were the spirits of the nephilim destroyed in the great flood. (The Nephilim were thought to be a hibrid species as the result of human women mating with fallen angels. In physical form they were giants, but not far off from the concept of Dark Ones as explained in Ash vs Evil Dead.) Same kind of idea.

Man! This is SO interesting I feel shivers down my spine, just to be able to debate this!

First, the concept of what the "ED's Demon" is, his nature and origin, was defined by me just making a little study on the canon material from Raimi and the saga official collaborators (artists and so). There are clues here and there, all around. Just a glimpse: "WE ARE THE THINGS THAT WERE AND SHALL BE AGAIN!", claim the Deadites. That totally sounds like the ghosts of things that once were alive, and ruled, then were erased away and now are envious of humans cause they took their place.

This is not a rare concept on fantasy (it's a concept pretty much present on the H.P.Lovecraft's cthulhu cycles, and also other pulp fiction as R.E.Howard's, from which Raimi clearly took inspiration for his original "ED" concept). I didn't wanted to follow Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos as the base for the "ED" mythology origin, though, since I don't feel the "Evil Dead's Demon" was actually an Alien or anything actually Cthulhu related at all; for what one can conclude reading all Raimi's screenplay and unused drafts (and also the "ED" remake script), the "ED" saga is a combination of Judeo-Christian myths mixed with Lovecraftian myths, yet not being purely one or another. So what I did was, as said, studying the canonical material from the saga to see what Raimi had took from each other, and what didn't fit.
What I saw was this idea of the Demon(s) being "ghosts" of prehuman creatures who now hate humans cause we replaced them, is absolutely common both in Lovecraftian concept and also (as you point out) even in some Christian myth (for example, in the -masterful and scary!- novel "The Exorcist", the demon says something similar to this -don't remeber the eaxct words-: "You own the earth/life that once was ours, that's why we hate you!". In the novel the Demon also "absorbs" the souls of those he kill, so he claims to be "many/legion" and often refers to himself as "we" -same as the "ED Demon" does- yet in the end, father Merrin the Exorcist explains in truth there's only ONE MAIN CHARACTER there, who uses all these other personalities he sucked as performances to distract and shield himself).

It's also clear the entity is (or was when being alive), most probably, a male, based on his personality and actions.

Ok, then as you also mention, it's unavoidable to relate the "ED" entities with the classic Judeo-Christian myth of them being Fallen Angels, casted out from Heaven by God after they became "corrupted". Of course, this is totally rightful since Raimi is using these Judeo-Christian symbology/treatment instead of a more purely Lovecraftian one (when instead we would be having Aliens). So as said, "ED' Demon" is closer to the Satan entity from the novel/movie "The Exorcist" than to Cthulhu. And that concept of the fallen angel was also present on "The Exorcist", combined with that "earth was once mine" concept too.

So I wanted to conserve that "idea/concept" of "ED's Demon" being the Main Super-Angel favourite of God and prince of Heaven, who after commiting the most terrible transgression was condemned to Hell for it by God. But I needed to present it in a way that fitted with Raimi's universe.

To solve the issue, this was crucial: Sam Raimi's "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" series (and it's spin-off "Xena") is considered (at least by me, in this project) a canonical part of the "EVIL DEAD" saga. Many episodes points at this, with the necronomicon appearing in a couple of them, and several other references to the "ED" saga that fans catch here and there, pointing out as the series being the ancient times of Raimi's universe.
Ok, so in this series, it's stated that GODS exist, yet have been CHANGING (old ones die, new ones are born) through history as human culture evolved. So the Christian God was not the original God (or better said, was not the FORM that God originally had on the start of time), but took that form when Christianity was born. Before him, there were the Greek Gods, etc. And as you probably know if you're a little familiar with Greek mythology, even before the Olympian Gods (Zeus, etc) were the Gaia spawn, which would represent the stone-age religion. What I did was making this Gaia religion made of true living creatures, the Katardi.

"Katardi", btw, is the name Raimi gave to the "primeval spirits of the forests and jungles" in the 1st unused draft for "ED". I felt the name was excellent to name them when they were actually alive too.

So, with all these elements, what I had to achieve was making this prehuman, idilic times NOT a literally "heaven" poblated by angels, as the Christian myth tells, but instead a METHAPHORICAL earthly heaven, poblated by methaphorica angels, but with a pagan, prechristian, even pre-olympian form. So the "heaven" was just a paradisiacal earth full of splendorous forests where violence didn't existed and love and pleasure was all around, and the "angels" were centaurs, fauns and other stylized animals with pure, innocent, playful souls totally absent of any evil. And God, instead, was Gaia, the mother Earth, who would be who outcasts his son to hell for the transgression of not accepting passing out to give way to the new gods.

Then, with time, when Christianity came to existence, they would explain this facts with their own christian style and symbols, naming Gaia as "Yahve" and the Katardi as "Angels", and the paradisiacal Earth as "Heaven".
Same truth, same myth, same story, different aesthethics.


Oh, and the choice for the body of the Demon, to be a "Horned animal", was first because in the paleolithic religion (as archeologists believe) was based off the cult on Mother Gaia AND the cult of a masculine counterpart with Horns (the so called "Horned God") who was in charge of fertility, death and rebirth, etc. He wasn't a demon, or evil though, it was simply the King of Animals.
Then, Christianity used his image to give form to the Devil, now describing him as evil and corrupted.

If you study the two first "Evil Dead" movies, you will se HORNS as a symbol for the devil are present all the time in many scenes. The cabin is full of them. It was subtle, yet I found it PERFECT to justify the possible original body of the thing when was alive.


Well, finally, what you mention about the Nephilim and the DarkOnes, my friend, is EXACTLY what I have in mind for the origin of the Dark Ones, and YES, I totally feel Raimi (or whoever defined them on the "AvsED" series) was basing them off the Nephilim concept. I am going to add some Lovecraftian/Howardian pulp-fiction touches to it, though, as it requires. ;)

Thanks again my friend for the chance of this hugely interesting conversation! :)
 
ChemaVillalba said:
Thanks SO much for these answers!!

Swofty and Irusisiul: I'm so glad you liked the story, and specially that you find it to be "ED", and I'm deeply relieved that Irusisiul finds the cartoon part to be "Evil Dead-ish" too.

If you are wondering why it has to be cartoon, instead of living-action, well there two main, unavoidable reasons for that.
Main one was, of course, practical: no living-action footage of mythical animales as these abound. Most of movies with centaurs, fauns, etc, are mostly depicting them on a very specific action and/or interacting with other characters and/or set in a background which wasn't strictly a virgin forest and/or treated with shadows and "horror-movie" feel. No footage of them in "daily-life" situations exist, so I actually had not many choices.

So the best choice was using Disney's "Fantasia" footage, which is full of these kind os scenes, ad perfectly set the tone of the "idilic times" before the darkness came.

But then, sometimes having no choice is a quite good thing, because acceptance can bring surprises! In fact I realized being forced to use cartoons was excellent in narrative terms to reinforce something: I realized it could be a good idea (at least "in the paper") to have a different visual style between these two "Ages", being the first one, the idilic, peacefull, pleasure-based, full of light one depicted with Disney-styled animation... It would also help to depict that age as an age of innocence, 100% empty of evil, like a happy pure childhood time.

Then, the second age... when Death came, would be represented by a new visual style with live-action. Tougher, with shadows, violence, etc. Like the death of innocence and childhood, and the start of shadows.
So the "Evil Spirit" would be like a sort of "Evil Peter Pan", a child who denied growing up; hence his twisted mentality and ways, being playful yet corrupted, sadistic, like a mad dangerous children. Also, being a former creature of pleasure and fertility now without a body, explains his "obsession" with "raping" humans in a twisted, deformed way: it's a ghost wanting to do what he did when he was alive, but cannot, so he does a monstruous parody of it.

Well, that was the though. As said, it could work "on paper" yet the real test was to see if the visual-styles contrast could actually work for the audience!  

In such terms, I understand what Irusisiul mentions about, under his point of view, the cartoon prologue being "too long". On one hand my friend... I don't know if you've actually watched the "Fantasia" movie, but if you haven't, let me tell you the edition I did of these scenes is MASSIVE. xD. I really cut everything I felt was superfluous because I was conscious that the prologue lenght could become a defect. The "Fantasia" movie is pretty much a contemplative one, created to enjoy classical music with images not necessarily narrative. It's more poetry than telling any story. I do dig that, and maybe... maybe I could have edited it even more to make it shorter, but to be honest, I was kinda in love with these old classical Disney material (it's from 1940s nonetheless!!), and with the chance of depicting that idilic times before the fall, so I wanted to give it as much time as possible so the sudden Horror that would come afterwards would be more dramatic. I understand, though, viewers can feel so much "contemplation" isn't necessary since the point could have been made -as you mention- in just 2 minutes. I totally understand this. Yet, realize this: of course the "horror" from the last part feels rushed and unbalanced with the prologue... but the horror is gonna be extended in many, many, many minutes afterwards (the sequel with the cavemen, 30 minutes... the next chapters to come, XX minutes... the actual "Evil Dead" movies and series, several hours...) so I thought, hey, 5 minutes of Idilic Disney cuteness cannot be that much! ^_^

Of course, again... those are thoughts. If all this works or not is something as a creator one doesn't really knows. Editing takes so much hours that one's mind has serious difficulties to be objective at one point (reason why all your feedbacks are so valuable, my friends, specially as honest and superb as those you are giving -love you!-).


Mardeadite said:
I kind of liked the idea that the entity behind the evil force
started off as a benevolent super-creature in the woods. It also explained why this force and the deadites are referred to as 'the Evil Dead'. I've often been a bit confused by that, as the body possessed by the demons are not always dead. If one is referring to the entity/entities themselves, then that makes sense. Being(s) that used to be alive and take up residence in human beings, both living and dead.

My idea of demons growing up is that they are essentially spirits without a body and have always been so, unless they possess someone. I.e. they were created that way and that's their natural state, for want of a better term. I think that comes from Christian upbringing where demons are seen as fallen angels, not the ghosts of those who have died. (I'm aware that the evil spirits from these films are not fallen angels, but it was easy to associate them as being the same kind of thing.)

That being said there are even some who believe demons and fallen angels are separate things, even amongst the Christian community. According to that theory, the demons were physical non-human creatures who populated the world before the coming of man, or in some cases they overlapped with them. When they were wiped out (possibly due to their great evil - which suggests again they might not have always been that way) their spirits continued to haunt the earth and attempted to find residence in new bodies... Kind of similar to your story.

I've also read an excerpt from the apocryphal book of Enoch, which was slightly different. In that case, demons were the spirits of the nephilim destroyed in the great flood. (The Nephilim were thought to be a hibrid species as the result of human women mating with fallen angels. In physical form they were giants, but not far off from the concept of Dark Ones as explained in Ash vs Evil Dead.) Same kind of idea.

Man! This is SO interesting I feel shivers down my spine, just to be able to debate this!

First, the concept of what the "ED's Demon" is, his nature and origin, was defined by me just making a little study on the canon material from Raimi and the saga official collaborators (artists and so). There are clues here and there, all around. Just a glimpse: "WE ARE THE THINGS THAT WERE AND SHALL BE AGAIN!", claim the Deadites. That totally sounds like the ghosts of things that once were alive, and ruled, then were erased away and now are envious of humans cause they took their place.

This is not a rare concept on fantasy (it's a concept pretty much present on the H.P.Lovecraft's cthulhu cycles, and also other pulp fiction as R.E.Howard's, from which Raimi clearly took inspiration for his original "ED" concept). I didn't wanted to follow Lovecraft's Cthulhu mythos as the base for the "ED" mythology origin, though, since I don't feel the "Evil Dead's Demon" was actually an Alien or anything actually Cthulhu related at all; for what one can conclude reading all Raimi's screenplay and unused drafts (and also the "ED" remake script), the "ED" saga is a combination of Judeo-Christian myths mixed with Lovecraftian myths, yet not being purely one or another. So what I did was, as said, studying the canonical material from the saga to see what Raimi had took from each other, and what didn't fit.
What I saw was this idea of the Demon(s) being "ghosts" of prehuman creatures who now hate humans cause we replaced them, is absolutely common both in Lovecraftian concept and also (as you point out) even in some Christian myth (for example, in the -masterful and scary!- novel "The Exorcist", the demon says something similar to this -don't remeber the eaxct words-: "You own the earth/life that once was ours, that's why we hate you!". In the novel the Demon also "absorbs" the souls of those he kill, so he claims to be "many/legion" and often refers to himself as "we" -same as the "ED Demon" does- yet in the end, father Merrin the Exorcist explains in truth there's only ONE MAIN CHARACTER there, who uses all these other personalities he sucked as performances to distract and shield himself).

It's also clear the entity is (or was when being alive), most probably, a male, based on his personality and actions.

Ok, then as you also mention, it's unavoidable to relate the "ED" entities with the classic Judeo-Christian myth of them being Fallen Angels, casted out from Heaven by God after they became "corrupted". Of course, this is totally rightful since Raimi is using these Judeo-Christian symbology/treatment instead of a more purely Lovecraftian one (when instead we would be having Aliens). So as said, "ED' Demon" is closer than the Satan entity from the novel/movie "The Exorcist" than to Cthulhu. And that concept of the fallen angel was also present on "The Exorcist", combined with that "earth was once mine" concept too.

So I wanted to conserve that "idea/concept" of "ED's Demon" being the Main Super-Angel favourite of God and prince of Heaven, who after commiting the most terrible transgression was condemned to Hell for it by God. But I needed to present it in a way that fitted with Raimi's universe.

To solve the issue, this was crucial: Sam Raimi's "Hercules: The Legendary Journeys" series (and it's spin-off "Xena") is considered (at least by me, in this project) a canonical part of the "EVIL DEAD" saga. Many episodes points at this, with the necronomicon appearing in a couple of them, and several other references to the "ED" saga that fans catch here and there, pointing out as the series being the ancient times of Raimi's universe.
Ok, so in this series, it's stated that GODS exist, yet have been CHANGING (old ones die, new ones are born) through history as human culture evolved. So the Christian God was not the original God (or better said, was not the FORM that God originally had on the start of time), but took that form when Christianity was born. Before him, there were the Greek Gods, etc. And as you probably know if you're a little familiar with Greek mythology, even before the Olympian Gods (Zeus, etc) were the Gaia spawn, which would represent the stone-age religion. What I did was making this Gaia religion made of true living creatures, the Katardi.

"Katardi", btw, is the name Raimi gave to the "primeval spirits of the forests and jungles" in the 1st unused draft for "ED". I felt the name was excellent to name them when they were actually alive too.

So, with all these elements, what I had to achieve was making this prehuman, idilic times NOT a literally "heaven" poblated by angels, as the Christian myth tells, but instead a METHAPHORICAL earthly heaven, poblated by methaphorica angels, but with a pagan, prechristian, even pre-olympian form. So the "heaven" was just a paradisiacal earth full of splendorous forests where violence didn't existed and love and pleasure was all around, and the "angels" were centaurs, fauns and other stylized animals with pure, innocent, playful souls totally absent of any evil. And God, instead, was Gaia, the mother Earth, who would be who outcasts his son to hell for the transgression of not accepting passing out to give way to the new gods.

Then, with time, when Christianity came to existence, they would explain this facts with their own christian style and symbols, naming Gaia as "Yahve" and the Katardi as "Angels", and the paradisiacal Earth as "Heaven".
Same truth, same myth, same story, different aesthethics.


Oh, and the choice for the body of the Demon, to be a "Horned animal", was first because in the paleolithic religion (as archeologists believe) was based off the cult on Mother Gaia AND the cult of a masculine counterpart with Horns (the so called "Horned God") who was in charge of fertility, death and rebirth, etc. He wasn't a demon, or evil though, it was simply the King of Animals.
Then, Christianity used his image to give form to the Devil, now describing him as evil and corrupted.

If you study the two first "Evil Dead" movies, you will se HORNS as a symbol for the devil are present all the time in many scenes. The cabin is full of them. It was subtle, yet I found it PERFECT to justify the possible original body of the thing when was alive.


Well, finally, what you mention about the Nephilim and the DarkOnes, my friend, is EXACTLY what I have in mind for the origin of the Dark Ones, and YES, I totally feel Raimi (or whoever defined them on the "AvsED" series) was basing them off the Nephilim concept. I am going to add some Lovecraftian/Howardian pulp-fiction touches to it, though, as it requires. ;)

Thanks again my friend for the chance of this hugely interesting conversation! :)



Well, if you want my opinion, what is clear to me is that you have a huge amount of passion and devotion to the stuff you are doing and to the source material, and that should be enough! i wish everybody who is currently working in ED canon stuff (for example, the AvED tv show) had the same level of implication and respect to the material they are working with. So, just because of that, you deserve SO much credit

I wasn't aware at all of this rich background with the demonic entities nature in the ED universe. Actually, this is something that hasn´t been explicitly explained yet. Something that actually seems to fit for me is that "childsih" or "playful" behaviour in the possessed hosts, if you know what i mean, which heavily recalls the erratic behaviour of a child, playing jokes, making fun of the victim while they are actually torturing them. I would say this is what scares me the most from whole ED mythology...the fact of being facing an incomprenhensible source of evil. This idea fits perfectly with the story of your prologue, that's why i said everything sounds very "Evil dead-ish", it actually feels like a "whole" from the background story point of view (not from the narrative, but that is what makes your approach even more interesting)
 
If we're gonna have Centaurs and Pan-sprites in the Evil Dead mytharc, all I ask is can one, if not all, be played by Ted Raimi?
 
Happy Christmas Chema and thanks for sharing your film .. it's a good idea. Before I even saw the first The Evil Dead, my friend described to me as "It's like The Exorcist but times 4 .. and you can't kill these demons even if you chop them up, you need to nail the body parts to the floor!" .... I've always liked the fact that these demons are not only violent but also cruel for a horror film.
 
Irusisiul: thank you man. Thank you!

E Tu Cheryl?: absolutely yes. In fact all of them are played by Ted in my shortfilm. ;)

Swofty: happy christmas for you too!

And for everybody!!!
 
Happy 2017 everyone, alive and undead. :heart:

This is my new gift for the new year's start.
A 3-episode miniseries:   "CAVEMEN vs THE EVIL DEAD"

First chapter to be released on January 2017.


wqpphy.jpg



And the version for the PABLOs: :P


mrqs88.png


 
I suspect some of the names in the credits in the bottom won't be in it, but I like the poster composition and the humour linking back to the other films! Great stuff!

I look forward to what you come up with.
 
:P  Hehe, nope those people mostly won't be present.
But Rachel Welch will. :blush:
 
Sorry people, I had a quite busy week and the first release won't be ready tomorrow. But I promise It will be asap!
 
Ok, I am still working on the movie because In the last moment I realized there was a technical problem on frame per seconds incompatibilities between sources so I've been fixing it. Won't bore you with technical stuff, but it's nothing serious, only it takes some time (by now it's 2 weeks, and I suspect 1 more to go). Good news is being forced to work on it is improving the quality both in technical stuff and also in narrative (and hopefuly in rythm too). I'm taking into account you people's feedback on the previous short, so I truly hope the new flick works sweeter in terms of interest and entertaiment.

Haha, it's funny how serious I sound on all this, when this is actually just a cheesy fan-fiction/edit in the end, yet my level of work discipline on shit like this is so serious I just can't help sounding as this. xD

Allrighty then, so I stimate 1 more week or so, then voilá! I'll let you know when I can confirm a final release date. :)
 
ChemaVillalba said:
Ok, I am still working on the movie because In the last moment I realized there was a technical problem on frame per seconds incompatibilities between sources so I've been fixing it. Won't bore you with technical stuff, but it's nothing serious, only it takes some time (by now it's 2 weeks, and I suspect 1 more to go). Good news is being forced to work on it is improving the quality both in technical stuff and also in narrative (and hopefuly in rythm too). I'm taking into account you people's feedback on the previous short, so I truly hope the new flick works sweeter in terms of interest and entertaiment.

Haha, it's funny how serious I sound on all this, when this is actually just a cheesy fan-fiction/edit in the end, yet my level of work discipline on shit like this is so serious I just can't help sounding as this. xD

Allrighty then, so I stimate 1 more week or so, then voilá! I'll let you know when I can confirm a final release date. :)

I'm looking forward to it, good luck and have fun ..  :cool: 
 
Ok my friends. The fixing took a little less than spected.

Since tomorrow january 23th is my birthday, I am releasing the piece tomorrow, as a way to celebrate.  :)

ac4nz9.png
 
Sorry, my birthday-day got me more busy that I ever spected! :blush:  The movie is 100% ready but both english and spanish versions are already being uploaded to youtube, and since these are huge it will take some hours. Here is bed time... so, tomorrow I'll be taking all you back to the Paleolithic, to meet the story of the very first "Jefe" ever. ;)
 
Well, it took forever.
It was a huge edition with many little details to be fixed. When everything seemed ok, a new popped out.

Now it's as perfect as it can be, on it's all imperfect and cheesy splendor.

Hell queens and chosen ones, here's the 1st of the 3 chapters mini-saga of CAVEMEN VS THE EVIL DEAD:
Where you'll witness the origin of the very first "JEFE" of human history:

CLICK HERE TO WATCH "ARMY OF PREHISTORIC DARKNESS" chapter 01!


Y por supuesto, la versión para los PABLOS:

PULSA AQUÍ PARA VER "EL EJÉRCITO DE LAS TINIEBLAS PREHISTÓRICAS" capítulo 01!
 
Unfortunately I can't watch it, Studio Canal has blocked it in my country on copyright grounds ..
 
True, it is blocked in the UK.
Damn, it's just a fan-edit with copyright disclaimer included, but still, they have their bots and won't listen. Oh well.

Swofty please let me know your email adress in a PM and I am sending you a download link.

And anybody else from the UK with the same problem, just send me a PM.
 
Top Bottom