Future Director's for AvED

Sutter Cane said:
This could be a great idea to get some "special guest" directors on the show.  Evil Dead inspired a lot of great directors.  I'm sure directors such Peter Jackson, Guillermo Del Toro, Edgar Wright, Kevin Smith, Eli Roth & Robert Rodriguez would be interested to get a piece of Evil Dead in their filmography. I doubt this could happen but I like the idea.

We're all looking to get big names but I think that Jason Eisener (Hobo with a Shotgun) could be a great choice as a director for the show.

There's another good choice!  

I'm surprised they haven't asked any friends to do favors for them, but all of these folks have their careers to tend to, and committing to a week (likely two weeks for pre-prod) plus in New Zealand can be tricky.

DyD said:
MaidOfKandar said:
My suggestions, affordable Indie Horror Director Edition:

Jennifer Kent, who directed the Babadook
David Robert Mitchell, who directed it Follows
Lucky McKee, who directed May and is also a Friend of Campbell and Raimi after directing Bruce in the TED influenced The Woods.
Todd Strauss-Schulson, who directed The Final Girls
Cary Murnion and Jonathan Milott, who directed Cooties

I really like those suggestions, specially Jennifer Kent. The Babadook is awesome and I'd love to see what she could do in the Evil Dead sandbox. I thought about suggesting Strauss-Schulson on my previous post too. I didn't actually like The Final Girls all that much, but there was certainly a lot of good jokes, good ideas and great camera work on that movie. The ending in particular with the rolling credits kinda makes me at least curious to see what he does next and I wouldn't object to having him on the show. I thought about David Robert Mitchell too, but I don't know if he would feel comfortable on this show. He seems more "auteur-ish" than the others.

Concerning Peter Jackson and Edgar Wright, I'd absolutely love it if they could get them to direct a a couple of episodes, but I feel that's a long shot. They're already too big for this show, I'm afraid. Wright seems too busy with his own projects at the moment and Jackson really isn't the same type of filmmaker he used to be when he made Brain Dead. But I'm all for Nicotero.

Thank you!  The Babadook was one of my favorite flicks of the year - beautifully done, scary too.  

I think Wright's less of a long shot than Jackson - Wright and Raimi and Campbell did dinner a year ago, so they're in contact.  I have no idea what Jackson's developing now that the Hobbit's finished.

While I'm at it, I forgot to mention Jen and Sylvia Soska, who did American Mary and almost made chicken salad out of chicken crap with See no Evil 2.
 
Top Bottom