Hello everyone,
My name is Alex. I am new here to the forum, and am a life-long Evil Dead fan. I am also a PhD student in Indiana, working in horror genre studies and technophobias, and am currently conducting field research into horror fandom and online fan communities related to the genre. The Deadites seem to be a close-knit community, and I've taken a great interest in the dedication, creativity, and hard work that seems to be poured into this and other related fan sites (and with the current documentary being produced, this notion appears to be validated).
I was wondering if anyone on this forum would care to comment on their love for Evil Dead, and what they find about the online space (specifically) contributes to the experience of being a fan. How do the online forums and connectedness of the web enable you to practice and express your love of these films and this genre? Any comments or contributions you have would be much appreciated, and can be posted directly to this topic. Posts may be used for my final presentation of research, and while there is no compensation, your responses are deeply valued. They will also remain anonymous.
Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Best,
Alex
My name is Alex. I am new here to the forum, and am a life-long Evil Dead fan. I am also a PhD student in Indiana, working in horror genre studies and technophobias, and am currently conducting field research into horror fandom and online fan communities related to the genre. The Deadites seem to be a close-knit community, and I've taken a great interest in the dedication, creativity, and hard work that seems to be poured into this and other related fan sites (and with the current documentary being produced, this notion appears to be validated).
I was wondering if anyone on this forum would care to comment on their love for Evil Dead, and what they find about the online space (specifically) contributes to the experience of being a fan. How do the online forums and connectedness of the web enable you to practice and express your love of these films and this genre? Any comments or contributions you have would be much appreciated, and can be posted directly to this topic. Posts may be used for my final presentation of research, and while there is no compensation, your responses are deeply valued. They will also remain anonymous.
Thank you for your time, and I hope to hear from you soon!
Best,
Alex