Naming Ash & Friends

KingRob

S-Mart Clerk
Joined
Nov 1, 2015
With these sorts of ensemble shows, fans inevitably come up with a collective name for the main protagonists. Think "the scoobies" for Buffy and friends (though I guess I'm not entirely sure the fans came up with that one).

So just as a fun fan exercise, let's hear some fun name ideas for Team Ash!
 
The Primitive Screwheads. The Kandarian Krew. The Necronomicon Neutralizers. The Tenebrous Trio. The Chainsaw Chappies. The Boomstick Buddies.

I got nuthin'. I'm worse at this than Pablo, but at least I came up with some very cool names for punk bands.

But I like "Ash-holes" too. I say we go with that. :D
 
I was thinking something Three Stooges-esque, but "Ash and the Stooges" sounded a tad too mean.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
I was thinking something Three Stooges-esque, but "Ash and the Stooges" sounded a tad too mean.

A Three Stooges reference would be cool, considering the influence it had on Evil Dead as a whole. If just calling them Stooges is too mean, how about "The Shemps", in honor of the fake shemps? Ash and the Shemps?
 
RE: Naming Ash & Friends

Gut0nez said:
MaidOfKandar said:
I was thinking something Three Stooges-esque, but "Ash and the Stooges" sounded a tad too mean.

A Three Stooges reference would be cool, considering the influence it had on Evil Dead as a whole. If just calling them Stooges is too mean, how about "The Shemps", in honor of the fake shemps? Ash and the Shemps?

Hey, I like that one!
 
I think we could definitely go with "The Three Stooges" or "The Stooges" without bringing Ash's name into it. Buffy and friends were never referred to as "Buffy and the Scoobies," they were just "The Scooby Gang" or "The Scoobies."

I also like "Ash-holes."

"Shemps" works, but feels a little too "deep cut," and while it honors the films' history, it doesn't quite relate to the characters since they're not really standing in for anyone. I'd do "Stooges" over "Shemps."
 
These're all great suggestions!
 
Top Bottom