[Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake - Mark your spoilers!

Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Swofty link said:
From what I've seen so far I have to agree .. Tom Sullivan's original work still hasn't been topped. :thumbup

It really hasn't... by anyone, in my opinion. That was one of the things I fell in love with when I first saw the original movie - even after watching it I don't even know how many times, I still find the original deadites pretty creepy. But... creepiness is not just about makeup, although it helps  :)
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Tom Sullivan's work is impressive considering they had a 500k budget vs 19 million dollar budget the remake had.
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

I still think Tom Sullivan's Cheyrl make-up is the best ... that shot, just after Shelly says "For God's sake .. what happened to her eyes!" and Cheyrl lowers under the trapdoor, laughing, neck unatuarly jerking, a dirty gravel raw cackle coming out of her mouth, the lighting catching her blood shot eyes, the soundtrack .. just all of it! .. still gets under my skin today. I hope Tom's reading this thread .. he still lurks here from time to time. Thanks again Tom  :thumbup 
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Swofty link said:
I still think Tom Sullivan's Cheyrl make-up is the best ... that shot, just after Shelly says "For God's sake .. what happened to her eyes!" and Cheyrl lowers under the trapdoor, laughing, neck unatuarly jerking, a dirty gravel raw cackle coming out of her mouth, the lighting catching her blood shot eyes, the soundtrack .. just all of it! .. still gets under my skin today. I hope Tom's reading this thread .. he still lurks here from time to time. Thanks again Tom  :thumbup

That's one of my favourite scenes, and I remember very clearly when I saw it for the first time. I can't think of any monster that would be more terrifying to run into.
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

I love Tom's work but that's not to say the look of the new film's Deadites is bad either. I think it fits for the time/this era of film making and fits for the tone of the movie. pictures online don't do it justice but some of the footage and especially the b-roll of Mia in the cellar. -shudders-
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Which possesed (not zombie) girl in the cellar do you prefer though? .. I mean if you had a gun to your head and had to make a choice .. one of them will be erased forever etc .... which one?
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Sweet ... I'd like to see: post credits ........ Mia is collapsed on the road, an ambulance pulls up and she's put on a stretcher, one of the paramedics being Ellen Sandweis  :cool

One of my favourite obscure all time horror cameo's was right at the end of Texas Chainsaw 4 ... the surviving kids are sat in a hospital when an old woman is wheeled past on a stretcher. The young lady survivor and this old woman exchange a deep haunting look prompting the young guy to say something like do you know her. It's never explained. It's only if you watch the rolling credits that you realise that old woman was played by Marilyn Burns, the original actress from The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ... still completely messed up in the head after all these years ...*shudder* ...
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Swofty link said:
We've seen El Cojundo, Panick Attack and his video for the band Snake (you're welcome), I'm now on a mission to find Fede Alvarez's Macaroni Commercial mentioned in this review  :D .. no luck so far though.

edit: Thanks for those links DeadByDawn .. they contain a long Mia easter egg sequence from the movie with a suprise 'only for the hardcore fans' audio effect.

************SPOILER*********************



That was my 'only for the hardcore fans' audio effect hint, but it's out there now! ... it's an overlap audio of Mia and Cheryl.

(we need to tighten up on spoiler warnings please posters .. some people still want that) 
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Well, anyone who checks the imdb page for the film will know anyway its been on there for weeks haha. I think behind the scenes stuff and some of the pictures released are more spoiler heavy than an audio clip description. Spoiler tags added.  :cool
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Swofty link said:
Which possesed (not zombie) girl in the cellar do you prefer though? .. I mean if you had a gun to your head and had to make a choice .. one of them will be erased forever etc .... which one?

the zombie ( :P ) I'd prefer to deal with in reality would be Cheryl cause she seems easier to stop lol. But in terms of what looks scarier IDK. Originall Cheryl looked EXTREMELY scary to me but sometimes when I watch footage of Mia, and the multiple versions of her like the demon clone for the tree rape scene and actual Mia in the Cellar, and then Mia/Abomination. Mia kinda creeps me out just a liiiiiiittle bit more
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Saw an advance screening last night.

Friggin AMAZING!

When you kick nostalgia aside you can enjoy it a lot more than the original honestly.

Before you all start turning into deadites and attempt to kill me just think about it:

if you lock yourself in the mindset "the original is always the best, nothing after the first thing can ever be better"

how do you expect to ever enjoy ANYTHING new?

Not to mention Sam Raimi himself wanted this film made which means he expected it to be BETTER than his own film, otherwise what would be the point of making it?

That said, say what you will, I am indeed a huge fan of the original but I gotta say, I enjoyed this re-birth/re-animation of the film more than the original.

58966_10151538134252859_2092605533_n.jpg
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

There is a post on Tumblr that has spread like wildfire about Nick Nunziata from CHUD.com when making an opening statement for the remake at one of the advanced screenings.

While there is no news article, the original Tumblr post which if you click on the "notes" you can see the whole thing unfold is here: http://everythingrhymeswithalcohol.tumblr.com/post/46992532244/trigger-warning-so-tonight-i-went-to-a

Basically what has happened so far is that he has been removed from hosting screenings. And a lot of the community is talking about the tree rape scene right now. It's absolutely crazy.
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

If he'd actually said ".. the second best tree rape scene .." , I'd feel a little sorry for the guy and think people were being a tad over sensitive ... I hope he wasn't misquoted. As that's not the reported comment, I think it's wise to get him off the stage. Not cool & not funny. He needs to issue an apology.
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Elise41 link said:
There is a post on Tumblr that has spread like wildfire about Nick Nunziata from CHUD.com when making an opening statement for the remake at one of the advanced screenings.

While there is no news article, the original Tumblr post which if you click on the "notes" you can see the whole thing unfold is here: http://everythingrhymeswithalcohol.tumblr.com/post/46992532244/trigger-warning-so-tonight-i-went-to-a

Basically what has happened so far is that he has been removed from hosting screenings. And a lot of the community is talking about the tree rape scene right now. It's absolutely crazy.


Reading the above link makes me second guess using such an avatar which I switched to yesterday. Of course, I would never make light of such a subject. The way Mr. Nunziata has handled it all on twitter is incredibly sad.


Here is another interesting article on the issue. It may be a bit spoilery... and some of the comments are too. None the less, it is an interesting topic. http://badassdigest.com/2013/04/04/evil-dead-2013-and-the-politics-of-tree-rape/
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

Nick el Ass link said:
[quote author=Elise41 link=topic=835.msg7009#msg7009 date=1365054909]
There is a post on Tumblr that has spread like wildfire about Nick Nunziata from CHUD.com when making an opening statement for the remake at one of the advanced screenings.

While there is no news article, the original Tumblr post which if you click on the "notes" you can see the whole thing unfold is here: http://everythingrhymeswithalcohol.tumblr.com/post/46992532244/trigger-warning-so-tonight-i-went-to-a

Basically what has happened so far is that he has been removed from hosting screenings. And a lot of the community is talking about the tree rape scene right now. It's absolutely crazy.


Reading the above link makes me second guess using such an avatar which I switched to yesterday. Of course, I would never make light of such a subject. The way Mr. Nunziata has handled it all on twitter is incredibly sad.


Here is another interesting article on the issue. It may be a bit spoilery... and some of the comments are too. None the less, it is an interesting topic. http://badassdigest.com/2013/04/04/evil-dead-2013-and-the-politics-of-tree-rape/
[/quote]

Wow thanks for sharing!
 
Re: [Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake

There's no such thing as 'tree' rape .. these people should get a grip on reality. It's only a movie. It's also not 'just another example of a Patriachal society' or any other feminist arguement ... it's all so ridiculous! .... Divine was raped by a giant lobster in one of John Water's early films  :eyeroll .... it's all just for disposable shock value fast buck entertainment in b-movies like the thousands of 'men' killed in visual entertainment!!. (I'm going for a lie down now).
 
Top Bottom