[Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake - Mark your spoilers!

Swofty link said:
Sorry Nick el Ass ... just tried to reply to your last post but wiped it by accident ..... you wrote that you rate anything Raimi and Co. have made over George Lucas. He's certainly been in crap form in recent years but lets not forget the mighty Raiders of the Lost Ark ..... I'll probably get lynched for saying this but I prefer Raiders over AOD ... sorry guys!  :)


No. I said I had more faith in Sam Raimi and company... than in anything George Lucas has ever done.

Faces will surely melt after reading your last comment, or minds will be blown. Either way it is going to be very messy.     
 
I give more credit to Spielberg than Lucas for Raiders. Lucas only came up with the story, and was credited as a Producer on the film.

Lucas is primarily a story writer & producer. He's no Director.
 
Okay ... I'll wipe the egg off my face .... Spielberg directed Raiders and not Lucas .... sorry fellas!  :wink (that's my arguement shot down in flames)

I'd better stock up on canned food if things are going to get messy! ....again ....
 
Swofty link said:
Okay ... I'll wipe the egg off my face .... Spielberg directed Raiders and not Lucas .... sorry fellas!  :wink (that's my arguement shot down in flames)

I'd better stock up on canned food if things are going to get messy! ....again ....
No worries Swofty :) I blame Lucas for taking more credit than he deserves for his contributions to Indy and Star Wars.
 
Thanks eViL DeAdiTe .... at least Raimi didn't 'pull a Lucas' and remove all older available copys of his trilogy and replace them with his 'improved' CG versions and then deny re-release of his originals ...

btw, another type of Evil Dead review ...  :bigsmile

Evil Dead movie review
 
I get a kick out of Jeremy Jahns for some reason. The first time I ever saw one of his reviews was for The Hobbit... and speaking of the before mentioned George Lucas his Star Wars: Episode I review was absolutely hilarious.
 
Yay! ... my local cinema has bowed to positive box office response and is finally playing the remake. I started hassling them three months ago but failed and was forced to visit a different cinema on release date. It's the kind of cinema that only plays kids films, anything with Tom Cruise or anything with Helen Mirren playing The Queen, Margaret Thatcher, The Queen again .. yawn, so this is a bold move for our not so plucky little cinema ..

.. and the Manager has put aside the poster and all promo stuff for me  :bigsmile ... I think he's secretly chuffed he gets to play it. I'm off there to my second viewing tonight  :happydevil ..

edit: .... okay, I saw it again last night and I'm going to revise my opinion. I think DeadByDawn is right ... it was a bit of a shock to see my beloved film remade but, now the dust is settling, there were loads of things I missed the first time. Fede took familiar scenes from the original but had different characters play them out and at different times in the story line which was cool .. there were so many ways this could have been made badly that didn't happen but he has forged a new line as well as not forgeting the old school fans .. the clever bastard  :cool ..... I'm upping my rating to a 9/10. Nothing tops the original.
 
DeadByDawn link said:
Nice Evil Dead Ad ( <- sounds good lol) in Portugal

EVIL DEAD: NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD  :laughing

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3233651/radnom-cool-portugal-wins-with-this-incredible-evil-dead-print-ad/

I think it's clever but also going a bit 'too far' if that's a real and current obituary page ... shit .. I'm getting old lol! .. in about '90 me and a friend took wax rubbings from the oldest grave stones in a cemetary in Nuneaton, produced some silk screen printed T-Shirts of them then called the local newspaper pretending to be outraged that a local independant shop was selling them. Of course we set the whole thing up with the agreement of the shop owner in advance and made about £600 profit give or take. We called our fake company Grave Creations. 
 
eViL DeAdiTe link said:
As of yesterday, the film has grossed just over $62 million. Not a huge box office haul, but it's definitely turned a tidy profit on top of it's $17 million production budget. I'm sure it will continue to do well on DVD & Bluray.

So, do you think Army of Darkness II will do as well? Better?

Well, it passed the $80 million dollar mark. That's probably it for the box office run.
 
I'm quite surprised to say that a month and a half later, the movie is no longer in theaters in my city.
 
The movie has been out of theaters here for a few weeks. Now all that is left is to see exactly when the dvd is going to be released... and what kind of goodies we get as far as extras and other stuff goes. I hope they give us one really badass one instead of releasing 10,000,000 different versions.
 
Elise41 link said:
I'm quite surprised to say that a month and a half later, the movie is no longer in theaters in my city.

A month and a half run in your theaters?! .... Is that typical of the U.S. and Canada run times? no doubt that would go some way to explaining the 80 million $'s ... so far, I'm only aware of two week runs in the UK.
 
In germany Evil Dead captured place 1 at the "Cinemaxx Theaters" so its been pretty successful over here as well.  :thumbup
 
If anyone wants to trade flyers from different countrys please send me a pm  :wink
 
Most movies stay in theaters for quite a while as long as they are selling tickets. The theater by my house is fun to go into early on like a Monday morning because the place is usually empty. Cheaper too.

29theater_zps1c31f355.jpg
 
The special features for the upcoming Evil Dead (2013) Blu-ray/DVD have been revealed:

Both the Blu-ray and DVD sets come packed with three all-new featurettes on the making of the film, character transformations and the process of re-imagining the original film. Exclusive to the Blu-ray is a cast and crew commentary track, as well as two additional featurettes exploring the origins and design of the new “Book of the Dead,” and featuring behind-the-scenes footage of cast rehearsals, insights from the original creators, and more.

Here’s the complete list of special features:

-Commentary featuring stars Jane Levy, Lou Taylor Pucci, Jessica Lucas, Director Fede Alvarez and writer Rodo Sayagues (Blu-ray exclusive)

-“Making Life Difficult” – The Intense and Physically Exhausting Creation of the Film

-“Being Mia” – The Physical and Psychological Transformation into “Evil Mia”

-“Directing The Dead” – Director Fede Alvarez re-imagines a cult horror classic

-“Unleashing The Evil Force” – Exploring the origins and design of the new Book of the Dead (Blu-ray exclusive)

-“Evil Dead the Reboot” – Cast Rehearsals, Bruce Campbell, Deadites and more! (Blu-ray exclusive)

evildead_2013_blu-ray.jpg


The Blu-ray will be available July 16th.

Pre-order here: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B008JFUO0Y/deaditesonline
 
Top Bottom