[Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake - Mark your spoilers!

Kain link said:
The Japanese always have great packaging for everything:
evildead_2013_blu-ray_japan.jpg

True, thats neat, thanks for posting this.  :thumbup
 
Jake Maverick link said:
on the junkie thing...i was half thinking she was going to wake up at the end of the movie only to discover it was all the mother of all come downs....

what drug was it she was hooked on anyway? anybody pick that up.....?

As the powder was brown, I'm guessing it could be heroin ? ..

I picked up the DVD a couple of days ago. Out of all the special features I enjoyed Jane Levy's video diary 'Being Mia' the most. It has some nice unused footage and features more of the F/X makeup work as well as behind the scenes on set stuff. 'Unleashing The Evil Force' shows us more pages from the new Book of the Dead, one page I missed first time round is a drawing interpretation of the original U.S. poster  :cool
 
Yeah I wished they got Tom Sullivan to design the Necronomicon for the remake.
 
Jake Maverick link said:
yeah, you never did get to see much of the book in the movie, which was disapointing.....can't really remember much about it at all, apart from the cover---which in itself a little bit boring!

and i was never sure ont he powder with the lighting.....could have been white, just looked a bit brown....but there wasn't any paraphanelia associated with brown......so i reckon possibly cocaine or speed,not that it really matters (and i'm hardly an expert)......seems the writer just promoting the anti drugs agenda without actually knowing much about it!


I'm not sure how you come to the conclusion it was an anti drug deal. Anyone who has used them knows the many battles one goes through while trying to kick the habit. I'm not convinced the drug part was ever a major part of the story line, but simply a catalyst to get them to where the ultimately ended up... in the cabin.
 
Kain link said:
Yeah I wished they got Tom Sullivan to design the Necronomicon for the remake.

...that and the F/X make-ups .... his original work is still more disturbing low budget or not.  :thumbup
 
I was hoping a bit that Mia's dead Mother would return in a ghostly ghastly Henrietta style vision to her ..

It would have been cool to see 'Grandpa' the dog possessed at some point, puppeted or CG ..
 
Anyone know the name of the girl being chased in the woods in the beginning?
 
You're welcome, Swofty.

Jake Maverick link said:
on the junkie thing...i was half thinking she was going to wake up at the end of the movie only to discover it was all the mother of all come downs....

what drug was it she was hooked on anyway? anybody pick that up.....?

Between the needle and the powder, the script seems to lean toward Mia being a heroin junkie.

@Kain - I don't remember her being credited by name in the press, nor in the script beyond "Girl In the Woods."
 
I like how people seem to spend quite some time with the new movie even tho its apparently so shitty.  :roll
 
Oh, nah i dont think that has ever been mentioned anywhere, in the credits it just says Teenager or something.
 
Jake Maverick link said:
on the junkie thing...i was half thinking she was going to wake up at the end of the movie only to discover it was all the mother of all come downs....

what drug was it she was hooked on anyway? anybody pick that up.....?

Between the needle and the powder, the script seems to lean toward Mia being a heroin junkie.

@Kain - I don't remember her being credited by name in the press, nor in the script beyond "Girl In the Woods."
[/quote]


After some research it seems the drug that Olivia was going for in the medicine cabinet was Chlorpromazine which is used for treating people with heroin addictions... among other things.

I think the girl in the woods was simply listed as "teenager," and nothing more.
 
@Jake- And I swear that they mention heroin by name specifically somewhere either in the script or through pre-press interviews. IDK.

DeadByDawn link said:
I like how people seem to spend quite some time with the new movie even tho its apparently so shitty.  :roll

I rented it from the library for a couple of days for a professional review elsewhere and all my other knowledge comes from my friend, who's a huge Jane Levy fan.  Plus all the knowledge I gleaned from having a google alert from Bruce.  Wouldn't call that a long time.  :wink
 
MaidOfKandar link said:
@Jake- And I swear that they mention heroin by name specifically somewhere either in the script or through pre-press interviews. IDK.

[quote author=DeadByDawn link=topic=835.msg7863#msg7863 date=1378188542]
I like how people seem to spend quite some time with the new movie even tho its apparently so shitty.  :roll

I rented it from the library for a couple of days for a professional review elsewhere and all my other knowledge comes from my friend, who's a huge Jane Levy fan.  Plus all the knowledge I gleaned from having a google alert from Bruce.  Wouldn't call that a long time.  :wink
[/quote]

That wasnt directed at you :P More like a general thing, hehe.  :)
 
Alcohol is the most dangerous drug ... due partly to its easy availability, its acceptance as a harmless recreational passtime, the wider damage it causes to society and the fact that unlike heroin if someone chooses to go cold turkey without medication support from alcohol, they can potentialy have a fit and die, unlike heroin.

Drugs are bad mmmmmkay
 
As you've agreed, can we agree that Propaganda sort of means twisting the truth, Information (in this case backed up with facts) usualy means telling the truth and that I'm not a g-man (unless being a g-man is a good thing of course). 
 
We're both swerving wildly off topic mate. You have strong opinions that I often don't agree with so we'd better continue this conversaton through p.m.'s. Let's get back to the remake chat in this thread though  :wink
 
Top Bottom