[Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake - Mark your spoilers!

Understood, thank you. I've been lurking on the site for news for a couple years but I've never posted on the forums until now.
 
Yep, we just wanted to streamline convo!  It's a good post indeed, but sometimes when we have established topics already in place so things get merged.

Welcome out of lurkerhood and I hope you keep posting!
 
Though technically a success financially, I remain convinced that the remake would have fared better had it been titled something else, like Within the Woods (or possibly Book of the Dead). In 2013, the title "Evil Dead" on a marquee just looks a bit silly to anyone not already familiar with the series. "Evil..Dead?? WTF kind of title is that??" is something I heard a lot of when the remake came out, and I have to imagine it hurt the film a little.

Had they wanted to ensure the Evil Dead name was somehow attached to the film for anyone who may see it based on recognition of the title alone, then the ad campaign could have taken care of this with the standard slick, punchy looking text between movie clips reading something like "From the makers of EVIL DEAD" "The cult classic is re-imagined" or some such.

Not only would this have helped the film stand on its own a little better, but it would've helped them further separate the remake from the original series, which now includes the upcoming show. 

Makes me wonder if a title change was ever considered? 

Ah well.
 
Probably not, since this seems to generally have been a test run to see if people were interested in the brand. Reception for the remake was mixed versus the excitement Ash vs ED is generating, so IDK.
 
Top Bottom