Rare ED2 Shostrum pics found

Swofty

Unseen Force
Staff member
Joined
Jan 20, 2008
So I was 38 (jesus christ) a couple of weeks back and my girl bought me some cool stuff including an old favourite Fangoria magazine I used to own .... which reminded me of their spin-off publication Gorezone ... which reminded me that I used to own a copy of Gorezone that detailed and pictured F/X make-up artist Mark Shostrum's step by step Ted Raimi full body cast and sculpt of Evil Dead 2's Henrietta. Ebay tod me it was issue # 9 and after a bit of googling, I've managed to locate all the pics and acompanying writing that went with them!! Aintitcoolnews would probably love these for their daily behind the scenes pictures .. someone send them ;)

Groovy  ..

The front cover of Gorezone #9:
http://www.listal.com/viewimage/1129579h

The article and original pictures reproduced:
http://www.fakeshemps.com/makeupted.htm
 
Likewise Kain ... I've just found your (or Sean's) front page link to Shostrum's new site http://helloboss.net .. there's a few pics in his behind the scenes gallery for ED2, including the hand sculpts and casts and Bruce applying his own blood make-up while gooning at the camera, that I've not seen before .. cheers for that.

Things like this are why I keep returning to this site  ;D
 
Elise41 link said:
Thanks for sharing!!!!  :D

Cheers for caring  8) ...

That front page Helloboss.com link also has the original step by step Henrietta make-up layout because Shostrum's scanned the actual magazine pages from Gorezone #9 onto one of his links. I can't link to it but if you go into the features then articles bit of his site it's there ..

Hey Kain, what's the news about getting your interview with the great man?
 
Max who did our Bruce Campbell interview is working on questions, but he seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. I may have to do it myself. Would you be interested in helping out?
 
Kain link said:
Max who did our Bruce Campbell interview is working on questions, but he seemingly dropped off the face of the earth. I may have to do it myself. Would you be interested in helping out?

Hell yes ..

sending you a pm
 
I didn't think this needed a new thread .. still ..

.. has anyone else seen this Evil Dead II Bruce in possesed make-up reaching out from the puddle picture before? ... because it's new to me  :o :

http://cgi.ebay.com/EVIL-DEAD-2-photo-06-BRUCE-CAMPBELL-Sam-Raimi-zombie-/380165137508?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58839ba464

that really was a stunning make-up  .. I've not yet seen a bad angle or bad lighting pic that made it look anything less than completely organic. I think it was down to the sculptor's recognition of bone structure ... don't know wether it was Kurtzman, Nicetero or Berger that did it but would love to find out to compare it with that individual's other stuff ..
 
Part 1 of our exclusive Mark Shostrom interview is up!

http://www.deadites.net/features/interviews/mark-shostrom-interview/
 
Sweeet  8)

.. and after reading the interview, I'd always assumed KNB were in charge on Evil Dead 2 with Shostrum just as an assistant ... looks like it was the other way round !
 
Top Bottom