- Joined
- Jul 9, 2015
- Location
- Brno, Czech Republic
Evil Dead really has been boosting New Zealand's economy for some time now, huh.
I would imagine the Renaissance team would since most everything they've done since Hercules has been filmed down there. 30 years is a long time to build up a solid reputation with the kiwis.Rob Tapert probably has serious connections there.
Kiwis are hard workers, and the biggest draw is the beauty of the place... but they also wanted to add a freaking kiwi firing a green laser beam to the flag. No country can compete.I would imagine the Renaissance team would since most everything they've done since Hercules has been filmed down there. 30 years is a long time to build up a solid reputation with the kiwis.
I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Rise and Burn make sense, but Wrath just feels... generic at this moment since we have no idea of what the plot could be.The title Evil Dead Wrath kind of makes sense
I think you're thinking too small. I can see New Line setting up Evil Dead to be their new Conjuring/Annabelle/The Nun franchise.A modern trilogy?
Continuing a story is nice... and I quite like Rise, Burn, and Wrath.The title Evil Dead Wrath kind of makes sense, tying in with Rise and Burn. A modern-day Evil Dead trilogy?
I would imagine the Renaissance team would since most everything they've done since Hercules has been filmed down there. 30 years is a long time to build up a solid reputation with the kiwis.
Weta Workshop started on Peter Jackson's Meet the Feebles, Braindead, and Heavenly Creatures... but did a lot for Hercules and Xena before a good chunk of the Xena crew (Hercules was done) left after the 100th episode to work on The Lord of the Rings set where they ended up winning all the Oscars for The Return of the King. It all started with those productions.I think it was Bruce who said you can't throw a stone in the filmmaking community in NZ without hitting someone who worked on Herc or Xena back in the day.
It's gonna be very confusing for normal people to talk about these movies.I'm not really sure how I feel about it. Rise and Burn make sense, but Wrath just feels... generic at this moment since we have no idea of what the plot could be.
I sometimes wonder how The Lord of the Rings would have looked like without Xena and Hercules setting up the ground work, not to mention Peter Jackson being heavily influenced by Same Raimi, especially in Bad Taste and Brainded.Weta Workshop started on Peter Jackson's Meet the Feebles, Braindead, and Heavenly Creatures... but did a lot for Hercules and Xena before a good chunk of the Xena crew (Hercules was done) left after the 100th episode to work on The Lord of the Rings set where they ended up winning all the Oscars for The Return of the King. It all started with those productions.
I don't know what it would have looked like, but there is a clear line from The Evil Dead to everything else... and the best part about Hercules and Xena is that they were not really affected by the big studios back in the states (being so far away) outside of having a smaller budget and when they got to work on a movie with a much bigger budget they really shined along with New Zealand. Thus film, tv, and tourism there became a billion dollar industry even though they did come to a compromise when The Hobbit movies were being made to keep it going. Peter Jackson lost his way in the process, and has yet to recover from all the mistakes he made on top of screwing Guillermo del Toro out of a job.I sometimes wonder how The Lord of the Rings would have looked like without Xena and Hercules setting up the ground work, not to mention Peter Jackson being heavily influenced by Same Raimi, especially in Bad Taste and Brainded.
It's like a very complicated set of dominoes starting at Within the Woods and ending with The Return of the King winning 286 Oscars (and later the Hobbit movies destroying the New Zealand movie making union laws).