The Evil Dead Anthology Collection ..

Looks like this is actually more likely to be the final artwork, (within the woods is also gone from the cover);

evildeadanthology.jpg
 
Nice find  :cool .... that dagger looks more mass produced than yours so I'm starting to believe .. do you have a link to that image please?
 
Hmm, looks like they're promising three discs of extras on top of the movies, as well.
 
That dagger's awful! .... when did the dagger's handle become silver plated? .. and SeeNoEvil mentioned that the original image looked like a stock image he'd previously seen of a BOTD sculpt? .... I don't know enough about this product so I'm curious and looking forward to its release. At the moment, I'm leaning towards it being a bootleg? .. 
 
You need a bluray drive in your PC to play bluray discs and there isn't any free bluray playing software. The best you can hope for is for some software to come with the drive you buy, otherwise the playing software is around $100 the last time I checked.
 
I finally recieved mine. The book is bigger than the other 3. I havn't gone over the extras yet to see if they have been previously released, but I think they have. I only looked at the original movie so far. It's the widescreen version and the original aspect ratio is not availible. The audio is the 5.1 mix. The original mono is not availble. It's seems it's only worth it to collect it for the book. That's the only reason I bought it.
 
How's the Kandarian dagger? I don't like the two color look. I prefer Tom's original one color dagger.
 
I don't really care about the dagger. If they would have gone without it, I think the box set would have been alot cheaper.
 
I'm still disappointed Within the Woods isn't on the set; I have a feeling we won't get a cleaned-up officially-released version in Sam's lifetime. 
 
I just reallized after all this time that AOD is the directors cut, and it's a good copy. And it's on blu-ray also.
 
oldgame said:
I just reallized after all this time that AOD is the directors cut, and it's a good copy. And it's on blu-ray also.

With none of the fuzziness in the extra Windmill stuff?

Great. I've wanted one of those for a while.
 
I'm wondering if it's going to be the same version/cut we're getting on the Shout Factory disc...
 
MaidOfKandar said:
I'm wondering if it's going to be the same version/cut we're getting on the Shout Factory disc...

It's going to to be a 3 disc blu-ray set. That's all the info that there releasing for now.
 
I just ordered the anthology for 100 bucks on Amazon. Mostly to support Tom and get the extras in the set.
 
You mean the ones already on all other editions? It's the packaging that makes it different.
 
Hmmm... do you a list of all the extras found in the anthology? I don't think the US blu-rays have the UK extras?

Oh well. I get it tomorrow. I could always return it  :D
 
Top Bottom