The R.I.P. thread ..

R.I.P F/X artist Screaming Mad George​

​

FANGORIA​

·​

Follow​

·
Goodnight to our lifelong friend Screaming Mad George. An entire generation of horror fans were birthed from your blend of surrealism and carnality. Your contributions to the genre flowed from the grotesque to the dynamically impossible. We hope you know how much you were loved by genre fans around the world.


George worked on Predator amongst other stuff. One of my favourite sequences of his was from A Nightmare On Elm Street 4, the scene where the girl's weight lifting and her arms split open to reveal giant cockroach wings spew out then she transforms into a cockroach.

 
Last edited:
Frank Beard, the drummer of ZZ Top (and the only member of ZZ Top to not actually have a beard) has passed away at the age of 77. Billy Gibbons is now the last living member of the band's "classic" lineup.
 
Country music icon Dolly Parton has passed away at age 80. A staple of country since the 1970s, Dolly's most notable works include "Jolene", "I Will Always Love You", "9 to 5", and "Coat of Many Colors".
 
Legendary actor Tim Curry has passed away at age 80.
Losing Tim hurts because when I first heard of him it was from watching the old cartoon Mighty Max in middle school, later attending a local performance of The Rocky Horror Picture Show with friends, playing Command and Conquer with him and George Takei, and his work on Congo with Bruce... but instead of Congo I wish they would have filmed this.

 
Last edited:
One hell of a tough week; three wonderful people gone.
 
Top Bottom