Officially licensed EVIL DEAD PINBALL MACHINE by Spooky Pinball

After being on sale for only 48 hours, Evil Dead Pinball has already sold OVER 500 UNITS!
Artist Christopher Franchi also appeared on a livestream on Saturday to discuss the Evil Dead Pinball project.
 
I love pinball so I'm pretty excited for this; it looks luxe!
 
After being on sale for only 48 hours, Evil Dead Pinball has already sold OVER 500 UNITS!
Artist Christopher Franchi also appeared on a livestream on Saturday to discuss the Evil Dead Pinball project.
I'll be very surprised if one ever ends up in an arcade in England but I live in hope.
 
Interview with one of the developers. A very large bulk of this interview is very pinball technical jargon heavy, so I'll just hit the points that people here would be interested in:

1) AOD was intentionally left out not because of licensing, but because the game was already overloaded with stuff. Trying to cram in AOD elements (like the castle) would have taken away from their concept of the main setting being the cabin. That, and apparently they're burnt-out on doing games with castle themes (so don't expect them to do a separate AOD machine any time soon).
2) Official release date is "early January", but there will 100% be machines shipping by late December.
3) Apparently pinball machines can get DLC updates, so more game modes will be rolling out next year.
4) Bruce had two recording sessions that were intentionally spaced out over several months due to the ever-evolving nature of the game, and received over 100 pages of lines (the most recent session occurred about a month ago), and he ended up enhancing the more generic call-out lines with his own ad-libs.
5) Over 85% of their current orders (of the main machine) include the Cheryl cellar topper, but the topper is so popular that it's being sold on it's own.
6) At the current rate of sales, they suspect that all the machines will be sold by the end of this year or early January.

 
Not surprised, it's a nifty one!
 
Developer on Evil Dead Pinball says eight more game modes will roll out over 2025 as part of the downloadable updates.
 
Wild. How does DLC work for pinball machines?
According to Google: "typically you need to download the latest software code from the manufacturer's website onto a USB drive, then plug the drive into the designated port on your pinball machine to initiate the update process; most commonly, this is done by navigating to the support section of the manufacturer's website, finding the specific game code for your machine, and downloading it to your USB drive."
 
I mean does it just add new sounds etc? You can't exactly easily add new scenes and props to a physical pinball game once it's been built.
 
I mean does it just add new sounds etc? You can't exactly easily add new scenes and props to a physical pinball game once it's been built.
Nothing to do with the physical props on the board... it's just new things that can happen and objectives you have to do in a particular order.
 
Developer on Evil Dead Pinball says eight more game modes will roll out over 2025 as part of the downloadable updates.

Wild. How does DLC work for pinball machines?

Digitally I get it, or for a game like Pinbot for NES as you advanced through the planets it changed colors and transformed... but adding new audio and whatnot is kind of cool and unique for a pinball game.
 
UPDATES FROM A DEV:
* The first batch of machines will be rolling out next week!
* First public showing will be the Pinball At The Beach convention at St. Pete Beach, Florida (February 7th through 9th)
* The I/O Arcade in Madison, Wisconsin will have a machine (doesn't say when, but I assume fairly soon), so if you're in the area, give it a play!

EDIT: January 28: The machine at I/O Arcade is now installed!
 
Last edited:
Now that the machines are shipping out, Spooky Pinball has made an official unboxing video and Cheryl topper instillation guide.
 
UPDATES FROM A DEV:
* The first batch of machines will be rolling out next week!
* First public showing will be the Pinball At The Beach convention at St. Pete Beach, Florida (February 7th through 9th)
* The I/O Arcade in Madison, Wisconsin will have a machine (doesn't say when, but I assume fairly soon), so if you're in the area, give it a play!

EDIT: January 28: The machine at I/O Arcade is now installed!
So, the I/O Arcade is having some trouble...
a-good-problem-to-have.jpg
 
The Evil Dead Pinball machine is officially SOLD OUT!
Evil Dead Pinball is SOLD OUT! The last 25 units available from Spooky Pinball have been purchased by Joe Newhart of PinballSTAR Amusements.

Joe pulled a major power move and determined the last 25 units belong to Spooky's first ever distributor, PinballStar Amusements we love you Joe!

If you want to get your hands on an Evil Dead you have to go to Joe!!
 
Top Bottom