Evil Dead: The Game

Poor Brock got nerfed into the ground for no reason, and there is already a workaround for setting off traps when possessing survivors using Baal... but hey they fixed the gun bug. Another swing and a miss by Saber.
 


Well it was fun while it lasted, life of a evil dead fan in a nutshell, get all invested in a new entry or anything new really with this franchise and then the inevitable road block hits once again :confused:
 
That's the problem with modern-day multiplayer games. There will be no way for players to continue playing after the servers go down for good.
 
That's the problem with modern-day multiplayer games. There will be no way for players to continue playing after the servers go down for good.

Looks like the servers are only staying up as long as the contract lasts which means it will likely go down for good in 6 months maximum unless everyone stops playing immediately.
 
The Avengers game is also shutting down and because of that you can now get it for a really low price. So I hope they'll drop the price also for the ED game. If I understand it correctly, it also has a short single player campaign?
 
Absolutely tragic that it's turned out like this.

I love that they're already rebounding by licensing Ash out to other games tho.
 
The Avengers game is also shutting down and because of that you can now get it for a really low price. So I hope they'll drop the price also for the ED game. If I understand it correctly, it also has a short single player campaign?

Evil Dead does have a number of single player missions, but they released the last couple of tapes you get for finishing the missions since they couldn't even bother to complete them... and if Saber were smart (they didn't even set up an S-Mart so money isn't important) they would make the game free to play. Unless they are actively trying to sell it to another company, but I don't know if any company can do as good a job as Saber Madrid did before Saber USA messed it up.

For those interested there is a petition. https://www.change.org/p/save-evil-dead-the-game
 
Holy shit, that's exciting to see. Makes me wonder if Saber isn't slowly resurrecting the game now.

They do have a history of supporting their games long term, WWZ comes to mind and that game came out years ago.
 
Holy shit, that's exciting to see. Makes me wonder if Saber isn't slowly resurrecting the game now.

They do have a history of supporting their games long term, WWZ comes to mind and that game came out years ago.

Quick matches give you bonus spirit points since you end up playing either demon, or survivor (and it appears balanced between the two options...) but it should also be noted that they did it on the eve of Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Killer Klowns both adding new characters and game modes. So Saber could have just made this move to keep the remaining players involved until they figure out what to do with it, and a full on revival is not out of the realm of possibility with a lot going on in the next few years.


Killer Klowns added Elvira and Tom Savini.

Killer-Klowns-Tom-and-Elvirsa.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow, knocking wood this'll come through (and I might play the Killer Klowns game strictly so I can kill evil alien Klowns as Elvira).
 
In a bizarre move, Savini Jason from the Friday The 13th: The Game has a SDCC exclusive officially licensed NECA figure, coming two years after F13TG was delisted and seven months after the servers shut down. Is it wrong to hope that, perhaps a few years from now, we'll get a Savini Ash figure...?
1752619859648609.jpg
 
In a bizarre move, Savini Jason from the Friday The 13th: The Game has a SDCC exclusive officially licensed NECA figure, coming two years after F13TG was delisted and seven months after the servers shut down. Is it wrong to hope that, perhaps a few years from now, we'll get a Savini Ash figure...?
View attachment 426

Jason Universe is making a new Friday the 13th game, movie, and tv show. I'm guessing they are going to go with a whole new game in a similar asym setting without the fan made content vs a revival, but I can't see how anyone can trust any of these companies like Gun, Illfonic, or Saber who are working on new horror games. Tom on the other hand deserves getting whatever he can, and I'm sad I missed out on the gray Ash skin in the game... but did have the red variant that people who bought a collector edition set were not too happy about.
 
Last edited:
Looking forward to come home from work tomorrow and then just play for the rest of Halloween.

Anybody else on here still playing?

Quit playing in May after playing from the beginning, but have thought about jumping in for a match... or two in recent weeks to see how things are going. I usually made it a marathon of movies on October 15th and Halloween, but don't know if I still have the ability to juke deadites and/or sweaty demons out of their boots any more. Regret not fully prestige 5ing Henry.
 
Quit playing in May after playing from the beginning, but have thought about jumping in for a match... or two in recent weeks to see how things are going. I usually made it a marathon of movies on October 15th and Halloween, but don't know if I still have the ability to juke deadites and/or sweaty demons out of their boots any more. Regret not fully prestige 5ing Henry.
If you decide to hop back in, feel free to add me (which goes for everybody, of course).

AmpwgWu.png
 
Nice. In the previous message I tried to put a link to my stream of the game, but seems like the forum didn't register it or even blocked it.
 
Top Bottom