Evil Dead Burn | Official Thread

New spoilery Fangoria interview with Souheila Yacoub! Reminder that the new Fangoria issue will drop next Tuesday and have a lot more Evil Dead Burn material.
Why do all their marketing photos continue to be so dark? As a former photographer and photo editor, it drives me up the wall. :rollseyes:
 
Well, we're off to watch it in Norwich next Thursday. My local cinema's also playing it but only for two days. I might see if I can blag the poster for it from them. They let me have the Evil Dead 2013 poster back when they'd finished with that.
 
The only positive about Evil Dead Rise/Burn, is that people are now starting to appreciate Evil Dead 2013.
Im with Bruce Campbell on this, I can't get behind the direction Evil dead is now moving in.
Talk about uninspiring. Never been more happy to leave the cinema unfortunately. By the way, the showing was absolutely empty beside 2 or 3 other people.

Some websites such as Bloodydisgusting suggested that the male demographic didn't show due to the World Cup ... never heard so much cope and excuses.

Just like Rise, I wont be revisiting this movie again which is so odd for me personally as someone who lives n breathes horror especially Evil Dead.

I really do hope that " Wrath" is cancelled and they take some time to get it right instead it feels like Ash Williams is becoming less Relevant in the franchise he made a household name.
The film makers seem to have this belief that Evil Dead Rise is some sort of " classic" and Ellie is such a iconic villain.

I wanted to watch Evil Dead Burn to forget about Evil Dead Rise but all I got was constant Reminders. And that ending... oh my god! Im so glad I didn't stick around for the post credit scenes.

Evil Dead Rise is the " Termimator Genisys" of the franchise and Burn is the " Dark Fake" .

At least we still have the memories of the OG trilogy and the TV show + 2013 version.
 
Can we please get Fede to make a sequel to Evil Dead 2013 and give the franchise what it needs... MIA'S RETURN TO THE CABIN!!!
 
Well, we're off to watch it in Norwich next Thursday. My local cinema's also playing it but only for two days. I might see if I can blag the poster for it from them. They let me have the Evil Dead 2013 poster back when they'd finished with that.
I wouldn't even accept the poster if they begged me to take it , but the 2013 one ... Definitely!
Enjoy the film.
 
Can we please get Fede to make a sequel to Evil Dead 2013 and give the franchise what it needs... MIA'S RETURN TO THE CABIN!!!
Since Fede ticked Jane off, I don't know how possible that would ever be.
 
Yeah, this happened around the time Don't Breathe 2 started filming. Forget if they reconciled since, they might have.
That's a big shame for all of us . Hope they can patch things up. My first thought would of been her doubts to play Mia again considering the process of how tough it was on set to do an Evil Dead film. I imagine it's a life changing experience.
But one can hope.
 
Yeah, this happened around the time Don't Breathe 2 started filming. Forget if they reconciled since, they might have.
That's a big shame for all of us . Hope they can patch things up. My first thought would of been her doubts to play Mia again considering the process of how tough it was on set to do an Evil Dead film. I imagine it's a life changing experience.
But one can hope.
They've since made up back in 2024, so their falling out is old news.
 
A two-disk 2-Film Collection bundle of Evil Dead Burn and Evil Dead Rise is coming soon-ish(?) as a 4k or DVD release. I don't know what exactly it's going to be, Amazon just has a 4k version, but Walmart has the option for a DVD version, so I don't know what is what with that.
The Evil Dead Burn disk (which may or may not be the same as the one from the previously discussed SteelBook) has some bonus features announced, too: Evil Dead: Blazing the Trail, The Hot Shot: Evil Dead Burn’s One-Shot Sequence, and This One’s Gonna Burn, so that already makes it better than Rise's original DVD/blu-ray release.
Evil-Dead-2-Film-Collection-4K-Ultra-HD-Horror-Warner-Bros_70446480-a560-45cc-8bae-cadd9df23a...jpeg
 
That's a big shame for all of us . Hope they can patch things up. My first thought would of been her doubts to play Mia again considering the process of how tough it was on set to do an Evil Dead film. I imagine it's a life changing experience.
But one can hope.
Even to insinuate that physicality is an issue is a bad move by Fede, but they did make a red carpet appearance together in 2024... and Jane let him off easier than I would have. Maybe she felt sorry for him being typecast to the point he has been tied to every prequel, sequel and/or horror franchise from Alien to TCM for Netflix with varying degrees of success.
 
Last edited:
The only positive about Evil Dead Rise/Burn, is that people are now starting to appreciate Evil Dead 2013.
Im with Bruce Campbell on this, I can't get behind the direction Evil dead is now moving in.
Talk about uninspiring. Never been more happy to leave the cinema unfortunately. By the way, the showing was absolutely empty beside 2 or 3 other people.

Some websites such as Bloodydisgusting suggested that the male demographic didn't show due to the World Cup ... never heard so much cope and excuses.

Just like Rise, I wont be revisiting this movie again which is so odd for me personally as someone who lives n breathes horror especially Evil Dead.

I really do hope that " Wrath" is cancelled and they take some time to get it right instead it feels like Ash Williams is becoming less Relevant in the franchise he made a household name.
The film makers seem to have this belief that Evil Dead Rise is some sort of " classic" and Ellie is such a iconic villain.

I wanted to watch Evil Dead Burn to forget about Evil Dead Rise but all I got was constant Reminders. And that ending... oh my god! Im so glad I didn't stick around for the post credit scenes.

Evil Dead Rise is the " Termimator Genisys" of the franchise and Burn is the " Dark Fake" .

At least we still have the memories of the OG trilogy and the TV show + 2013 version.
You didn't happen to write on this forum under a different account a couple of weeks ago, did you? :unsure:
 
A two-disk 2-Film Collection bundle of Evil Dead Burn and Evil Dead Rise is coming soon-ish(?) as a 4k or DVD release. I don't know what exactly it's going to be, Amazon just has a 4k version, but Walmart has the option for a DVD version, so I don't know what is what with that.
The Evil Dead Burn disk (which may or may not be the same as the one from the previously discussed SteelBook) has some bonus features announced, too: Evil Dead: Blazing the Trail, The Hot Shot: Evil Dead Burn’s One-Shot Sequence, and This One’s Gonna Burn, so that already makes it better than Rise's original DVD/blu-ray release.
View attachment 563

I kind of saw this one coming.
 
Looks like Evil Dead Burn will be out on digital on August 4th? Can anyone confirm?
Not sure what to say , so soon and yet after watching, feels appropriate. It had more of a " streaming " feeling to it than 'Rise' did.
 
Top Bottom