- Joined
- Dec 26, 2023
The franchise's fifth appearance at Halloween Horror Nights, and the third to be on both coasts!Evil Dead Burn coming to Universal Halloween Horror Nights:
The franchise's fifth appearance at Halloween Horror Nights, and the third to be on both coasts!Evil Dead Burn coming to Universal Halloween Horror Nights:
The exclusive merch is now on sale at the actual theme parks, but will be available online tomorrow morning!Evil Dead Burn coming to Universal Halloween Horror Nights:
![]()
EVIL DEAD BURN Is Coming To Halloween Horror Nights
Universal Studios will bring fun for all the family to Halloween Horror Nights this year with a new haunt based on EVIL DEAD BURN.www.fangoria.com
Uh... where's the hand on her throat?I've done what I always do today and blagged the UK quad for Burn from a local cinema. I can't be doing with re prints so now I have the full (so far) collection of UK theatrical posters.
We're off to watch it tomorrow.
View attachment 564
We do things differently in the UK so I suspect the hand's been deliberately removed via the BBFC or similar.Uh... where's the hand on her throat?
It was released in different regions on the 7th, had early screenings on the 9th (which is how I saw it here in the US), but the official date is considered the 10th.I also thought that the US release date for Burn was July the 10th?. I could be wrong on that but my poster says the 9th?.
Fair point. Have you seen the Extended Cut of 2013? There is alot more nods n touches to the Original such as the ceremonial Dismemberment. I thought it was very well done but everyone is entitled to there own view . Feels like most Evil Dead movies now just want to show as much Chainsaw use as possible. I did appreciate the fact that Mia already had her own demons with addiction.As I mentioned on this forum a couple of times before, I just felt like they made it as an Evil Dead movie for the Saw generation 10 years after Saw was relevant. I also didn't like how Mia was the only Deadite with a personality while the rest were more or less just standard zombies. I also didn't much care for the "gamification" of the lore with the rules that need to be followed so that the bad guy would show up at the end (which, funnily enough, they also did in the Hellraiser reboot). I understand that rules in horror movies are important so that you know what to be scared of, but to me Evil Dead works better with the ambiguity that anything can happen at any point.
On the other hand, even though I don't really like the movie all that much, I still watch it every couple of years, mostly because I WANT to like it (similarly to the Event Horizon) and there are aspects to it that I do like. I love Jane Levy as Mia and I absolutely adore the Roque Baños score. It may be my favorite Evil Dead soundtrack right after LoDuca's Evil Dead II. Over all I consistently rate the movie to 6/10. Every time I watch it again I hope I can crank it up to 7, but it never feels right.
Fair point. Have you seen the Extended Cut of 2013?
I liked the Hellraiser reboot well enough. Here the main protagonist also battles addiction, which goes well with the pain/pleasure themes. My only problem is that I think that Hellraiser is a franchise that I only like in theory. I love the idea that the Cenobites just want to show you what they think is a good time and don't understand that for most of us it's just hell. But I feel like most movies don't really delve into that, even those that Clive Barker was a part of.I watched the Extended version on my latest rewatch last year and actually think it's worse than the theatrical cut. It adds useless stuff that don't really add anything at best and actually mess up the tension buildup at worst (specifically in the first act of the film).
I would have loved if Sam directed more episodes of AvED (maybe like every first episode of each season?) but the problam was that he's a notoriously slow director. In Hail to the Chin, Bruce talks about how Sam was directing the pilot so slowly that it ate up some time that belonged to other episodes. Therefore the future directors were forced to cut corners, beacuse Sam already went over time and budget with the pilot.




Makes me appreciate Lee Cronin and Sébastien Vaniček more in that they are both from what I have heard and seen decent people who did their best to make their own movies, but Fede's whole career seems to be based on "nods n touches" to what came before and not just in relation to Evil Dead 2013... and would put Rise above 2013 if not for Jane's performance.Have you seen the Extended Cut of 2013? There is alot more nods n touches to the Original
I'm ready for 2028 and more Wrath.Fangoria Vol 2 #32 is out and Evil Dead Burn has a seven page (well technically six because one page is one image) selection. Here are the highlights:
Then they start to talk about Evil Dead Wrath:
Makes me appreciate Lee Cronin and Sébastien Vaniček more in that they are both from what I have heard and seen decent people who did their best to make their own movies, but Fede's whole career seems to be based on "nods n touches" to what came before and not just in relation to Evil Dead 2013... and would put Rise above 2013 if not for Jane's performance.
I'm ready for 2028 and more Wrath.
Who the hell is in charge of merch design for this god damn movie…The Evil Dead Burn Halloween Horror Nights merchandise collection is now LIVE!
First up, we have the Evil Dead Burn Acrylic Set. I understand through context clues that it's supposed to be Edgar and Max... but it doesn't look anything like them! Like, if the word Evil Dead Burn wasn't part of it, I would legit think it was some generic zombie guy and a dog. It's part of a larger carousel display piece with the other characters this year.
View attachment 565View attachment 566
Then we have a shirt... proudly sporting the fan-made logo (that used the old Evil Dead font) and not the official one.
View attachment 568
And then a baseball cap with the same fan logo.
View attachment 569
My local small cinema (the one that had the Evil Dead Marathon last year) has nice printed ticked, but it was closed for repair for a couple of months so I had to go to a multiplex where they print you basically a receipt, which is also a ticket. Very ugly and uninspired.On a mildly boring (or amusing, take your pick) side note, it took four members of the cinema staff to work out how to print off physical tickets for us. I suppose they're so used to just tapping phones on customers phones these days that next to nobody else apart from myself who's a collector ever asks for paper these days. I was hoping they'd have 'EVIL DEAD BURN' on them but they've just got 'EVIL DEAD' unfortunately. Still, something else for my collection ..
Just to be a nerd, I was wearing my Studio Canal Evil Dead 2 T Shirt for the showing and me and the Mrs were bashing each other with a mini plastic chainsaw I own.. like you do ..
After the credits, I spotted a couple of women leaving, both in their 60's and one wearing the US poster T Shirt of the original The Evil Dead so it was:
"Respect ... 5 out of 10. How about you?" .. she smiled and said "EIGHT!"
merch, marketing - it's all painful!Who the hell is in charge of merch design for this god damn movie…
I've (hopefully still got them) got a re print of the Palace UK Quad for the original The Evil Dead and an original UK Quad for the 2013 re make posters.merch, marketing - it's all painful!
Printed tickets do say Burn here, but when I walked in to buy a ticket in person the lady told me that the computer screen used for picking a seat was not a touch screen as I squinted at it (eyes are getting worse) and promptly handed over cash another rarity... and when I knew where I wanted to sit all I had to do was tell her the letter and number and she would put it in. Nothing else. No small talk.On a mildly boring (or amusing, take your pick) side note, it took four members of the cinema staff to work out how to print off physical tickets for us. I suppose they're so used to just tapping phones on customers phones these days that next to nobody else apart from myself who's a collector ever asks for paper these days. I was hoping they'd have 'EVIL DEAD BURN' on them but they've just got 'EVIL DEAD' unfortunately. Still, something else for my collection ..
Just to be a nerd, I was wearing my Studio Canal Evil Dead 2 T Shirt for the showing and me and the Mrs were bashing each other with a mini plastic chainsaw I own.. like you do ..
After the credits, I spotted a couple of women leaving, both in their 60's and one wearing the US poster T Shirt of the original The Evil Dead so it was:
"Respect ... 5 out of 10. How about you?" .. she smiled and said "EIGHT!"
Luckily I was able to see Burn on holiday in a small(ish) town's outdoor cinema that had gave me this very nice old-school ticket.My local small cinema (the one that had the Evil Dead Marathon last year) has nice printed ticked, but it was closed for repair for a couple of months so I had to go to a multiplex where they print you basically a receipt, which is also a ticket. Very ugly and uninspired.