Nick el Ass
Hero from the Sky
- Joined
- Aug 20, 2007
- Location
- Indianapolis
Quite true.That being said, I also wouldn't be surprised if streaming and VoD numbers will be good. Evil Dead has always done well in home media.
Quite true.That being said, I also wouldn't be surprised if streaming and VoD numbers will be good. Evil Dead has always done well in home media.
Spin-offs sometimes aren't considered canon maybe?Something I was randomly thinking about today: Remember how Burn was announced as a "spin-off" Evil Dead film? What exactly makes it a spin-off? Is it because it doesn't have the book, or is this a side story that is not important to whatever grander arc they have planned?
I don't think that's the case. It would be silly to bring aboard Sony and StudioCanal for something they'd consider non-canon... but then again I don't treat any non-Raimi ED film as true canon anyway...Spin-offs sometimes aren't considered canon maybe?
They're just using Sony and StudioCanal to keep the franchise going and are willing to play by their rules to do it.I don't think that's the case. It would be silly to bring aboard Sony and StudioCanal for something they'd consider non-canon... but then again I don't treat any non-Raimi ED film as true canon anyway...
Even though I didn't like Burn, I still want to give it one more chance when it comes to streaming. One thing I didn't mention when I first saw it was that there were a couple of annoying people in my theatre talking throughout the movie, which might have soured my experience at least a little bit.Aren't all the new films technically spin-offs in one way or another, in addition to being sequels? But Burn is definitely connected to the franchise, or at least
to Rise, given Jessica at the beginning and Ellie at the end, at the minimum.
I also bought a digital copy of Burn and am starting it now. I feel that every Evil Dead installment is worth at least a few watches before I totally know how I feel about it. So far, and I'm very early into it, I'm enjoying it more than the first watch. Maybe part of it is having an overly critical eye in the theater, trying to analyze every scene, borderline worried it would be bad. I also don't care much for the theater-going experience anymore, at least not as much since COVID. But for now, I'm relaxed and enjoying it for what it is.
Even though I didn't like Burn, I still want to give it one more chance when it comes to streaming. One thing I didn't mention when I first saw it was that there were a couple of annoying people in my theatre talking throughout the movie, which might have soured my experience at least a little bit.
The King speaks to an upset viewer:
I hate people who talk during a film in a cinema. I even remember asking an usher to shut up some noisy punks while me and a mate were trying to watch an Evil Dead 1 & 2 showing in Tamworth in about 1990.Even though I didn't like Burn, I still want to give it one more chance when it comes to streaming. One thing I didn't mention when I first saw it was that there were a couple of annoying people in my theatre talking throughout the movie, which might have soured my experience at least a little bit.

At least Bruce was pretty Understanding even if the initial post seems be talking out there ass. I applaud Mr Campbell for making any sense of that gibberish. But there also seems to be a Tone of Bruce knowing and expecting backlash to Burn, Especially from the fan base.
HaHa .. I'd spotted the framed picture of Bruce (I think someone said it's the same pic of Bruce that used in Send Help?) but not the picture of the Oldsmobile.Bruce Campbell and the Oldsmobile's cameo in Evil Dead Burn.
View attachment 586
It's his IMDb photo from 2016 (which they used in Send Help)HaHa .. I'd spotted the framed picture of Bruce (I think someone said it's the same pic of Bruce that used in Send Help?) but not the picture of the Oldsmobile.
Sorry to change the flow of this thread for a second, I've only seen Send Help once in the cinema .. am I right in thinking Bruce's image was used as the father of the spoilt yuppie brat who took over his dead father's (Bruce's) business .. I seem to also remember there was an oil painting of Bruce on the office wall?.It's his IMDb photo from 2016 (which they used in Send Help)