Army of Darkness 2

Names_Ash_Housewares link said:
They should make a movie based on the rumours of a fourth film over the years, Sam says yes, Bruce says no, Sam says no, Bruce says maybe, Sam changes his mind, and on and on an on.......


That would be the cliffhanger to end all cliffhangers.


And as far as video games go... I'm all for a Hail to the King update so long as they fix the damn controls.
 
eViL DeAdiTe link said:
If not a new ED game, then how about an HD re-release of HTTK, FFOB, and Regeneration? Does anyone remember who the developers & publishers were for each game?

I would actually buy that collection haha, even tho i own all 3 games.
I'm pretty sure THQ was the publisher but they're gone now and i doubt anyone would make a new game unless they sorta use the momentum of the new movie but yeah highly unlikely. :P
 
Wow, didn't realize THQ had gone under. Although, I suppose they had been circling the drain for years now.

Looks like Nordic Games is picking up most of the old THQ IPs. They did the same thing when the publisher I used to work for went under (Dreamcatcher Games).

I wonder where the Evil Dead games will end up?
 
eViL DeAdiTe link said:
Wow, didn't realize THQ had gone under. Although, I suppose they had been circling the drain for years now.

Looks like Nordic Games is picking up most of the old THQ IPs. They did the same thing when the publisher I used to work for went under (Dreamcatcher Games).

I wonder where the Evil Dead games will end up?

I never saw the Evil Dead Games mentioned anywhere, just had another look but nothing.
Perhaps they didnt have the license anymore ? Or it wasnt a long term deal ? I dont know.
The last game "Regeneration" came out it 2005 so its been a while, and with the production costs being much higher now i doubt anyone would make a new game, cause i cant see them making much profit.
Now we'll miss out on a potential "Fistful of Boomstick Part II"  :laughing
 
It's always a possibility that the license is now lost, making the idea of re-releasing them not possible. The license would have to be acquired again by whomever decides to pick up the games. As for new games, we did get the two iPhone games which shows what can be done with the license with the popularity of app games these days.

I just would love to see a sequel to ED: Regeneration with the motion controls of the Wii. That would excite me way more than an actual film sequel.
 
I still sometimes play Hail to the King on my PS1 ...... I've never been patient enough to complete it though. I think the furthest I got was the Hellbilly's cabin  :bigsmile ..... some of the rejected concept art was linked here at the time that I've got squirelled away somewhere in one of my folders. SeeNoEvil has copys of those prints.
 
I'm still surprised i finished Hail to the King back then, it was super cheap (PC Version), im a Gamer but not a PC Gamer  :bigsmile and the controls etc. werent the best  :eyeroll

Regeneration might be my favorite, gameplay wise etc. and it started in the cabin  :happydevil  :thumbup
 
If Sam was serious about AoD2 I would think he would of registered armyofdarkness2-movie.com already but he hasnt so I say he's just messin with us.
 
ironmanjakarta link said:
If Sam was serious about AoD2 I would think he would of registered armyofdarkness2-movie.com already but he hasnt so I say he's just messin with us.
That doesn't generally happen before a movie is written, with a studio attached, and is somewhere close to being green-lit. What would they do with a domain at this point? There's nothing to promote.
 
eViL DeAdiTe link said:
[quote author=ironmanjakarta link=topic=1012.msg7280#msg7280 date=1366887162]
If Sam was serious about AoD2 I would think he would of registered armyofdarkness2-movie.com already but he hasnt so I say he's just messin with us.
That doesn't generally happen before a movie is written, with a studio attached, and is somewhere close to being green-lit. What would they do with a domain at this point? There's nothing to promote.
[/quote]

Forward thinking ?
 
Swofty link said:
[quote author=eViL DeAdiTe link=topic=1012.msg7283#msg7283 date=1366894718]
[quote author=ironmanjakarta link=topic=1012.msg7280#msg7280 date=1366887162]
If Sam was serious about AoD2 I would think he would of registered armyofdarkness2-movie.com already but he hasnt so I say he's just messin with us.
That doesn't generally happen before a movie is written, with a studio attached, and is somewhere close to being green-lit. What would they do with a domain at this point? There's nothing to promote.
[/quote]

Forward thinking ?
[/quote]

I suppose, but there's really no real danger in waiting to register until there is actually a product to think about. Even if I were to register that domain today, whoever owns the trademark "Army of Darkness" could take it away from me in two seconds, even if I was using it and not just sitting on the domain.
 
eViL DeAdiTe link said:
[quote author=Swofty link=topic=1012.msg7285#msg7285 date=1366897737]
[quote author=eViL DeAdiTe link=topic=1012.msg7283#msg7283 date=1366894718]
[quote author=ironmanjakarta link=topic=1012.msg7280#msg7280 date=1366887162]
If Sam was serious about AoD2 I would think he would of registered armyofdarkness2-movie.com already but he hasnt so I say he's just messin with us.
That doesn't generally happen before a movie is written, with a studio attached, and is somewhere close to being green-lit. What would they do with a domain at this point? There's nothing to promote.
[/quote]

Forward thinking ?
[/quote]

I suppose, but there's really no real danger in waiting to register until there is actually a product to think about. Even if I were to register that domain today, whoever owns the trademark "Army of Darkness" could take it away from me in two seconds, even if I was using it and not just sitting on the domain.
[/quote]

Good point ... and I have to confess I still haven't played Regeneration. I'll get round to that one day or hopefully someone will bring out an emulator.
 
It was just announced that the next season of Burn Notice, which begins it's 13 episode run this June, will be it's last.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/10/burn-notice-cancelled/

Hmmm....so Sam if free, Bruce is free, and Evil Dead has just proven bankable at the box office.

Seems the timing is more ideal than ever for AoD2 to happen. If they don't make it now, I don't think they ever will.
 
As much as I liked watching Burn Notice, I'm glad it will finally be over.
 
Now that the Sam Raimi-produced remake of his The Evil Dead was an R-rated hit, what comes next? The sequel, presumably, and then maybe that long-gestured fourth Evil Dead, tentatively titled Army of Darkness 2.

But what happens when Raimi has laser focus? Remember when he wanted to make Drag Me To Hell? A preposterous movie pitch that somehow got made – and it was awesome. Now, we’re hearing that Raimi is “determined” to get Army of Darkness 2 off the ground… and maybe even before that Evil Dead sequel.

Tonight Universal Studios Hollywood and Orland celebrate the opening of their annual Halloween Horror Nights. While we have stringers at both events, Evan Dickson is standing on the red carpet hoping to land some juicy horror nuggets. This one is a whopper.

Before we get to the scoop, Bruce Campbell, who starred as Ash in Army of Darkness and produced the remake, says they still have to figure out what direction to go: “We have to figure out what we want to do,” he said, “because this wasn’t a huge long term 18 movie plan, you know what I mean? These sequels – remakes, sequels, whatever you want to call them – come out of nowhere.”

As for what actually comes next, here’s the skinny – Fede Alvarez, who directed the remake, seems to imply that Raimi is more focused on Army of Darkness 2 than Evil Dead 2. In fact, Raimi is already writing it! “The pressure is on them now. Because as far as I know, and heard, Sam is really determined to get Army Of Darkness 2 happening,” he revealed exclusively to Bloody. “He is actually writing [it now].”

This should be huge news for fans of the original trilogy as the implication is that Army of Darkness 2 may actually come next. Maybe we’re reading way into it, but that’s definitely how it sounded to me…

What do you want to see first? AD2 or ED2?

Source:
http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3255414/fede-alvarez-says-sam-raimi-determined-to-get-army-of-darkness-2-going/
 
This has been known since SXSW. Sam is working on AOD2 (Ivan has been working on the script for a while now) while Fede continues with ED2.
 
No matter how many times they bring it up, I am not believing shit until I actually see something.
 
Elise41 link said:
No matter how many times they bring it up, I am not believing shit until I actually see something.


This. So much this. They have been talking about Evil Dead 4/Army of Darkness 2 for so long... yet nothing has come of it. If it happens I'll be very happy, but will only believe it when I see it before my own eyes. Odds are sequel to the new Evil Dead comes out because I cant see them just making a one off movie for shits, giggles, and/or splatters.
 
I find it very interesting that all of the talk's shifted away from a remake sequel and toward AOD 2.

I'm with Elise, honestly.  I think Sam WANTS to do another movie in the series...but I also think he's easily distracted by the next big opportunity: see: him having ten pages five years ago, then getting offered Oz and the Warcraft movie and all that talk going away.  If he gets offered something huge in the interim, I wouldn't be shocked if this news dries up. 

Bruce himself keeps saying he's got nothing booked except for conventions at the moment.  He's talked about a Sam/Jesse Burn Notice sequel and the possibility of USA signing him up for a talk show (?!), and if either of those things happens we'd be right back to square one and the same situation we were in when Burn Notice was filming.

So, I don't know - on one hand, I see why it's come up (Sam just made a huge blockbuster for Disney and he's at the peak of his power; the remake more than doubling its budget means they can make a profit off of an "Evil Dead" movie)...and I can also see why it might not happen (Evil Dead did well, but not spectacularly; it's been outperformed by three more horror movies this year, with Paranormal Activity 5 and Carrie still to come - and if Carrie outdoes it, Sony will try to figure out a way to milk a different cash cow.  Plus you have the fact that Army of Darkness is horror comedy and the studios have been spouting a "comedic  horror doesn't sell right now" bs line, Bruce's busyness factoring in, etc.)

(Also, why are we accepting Fede as a source for anything anymore?  Bruce directly said he was "full of crap" and the crossover movie he's been begging for/touting will never happen because "those universes don't need to exist in the same world", his words exactly).

/tl;dr, if it happens, I'll be happy, but I won't hold my breath until a script leaks or we get some previews or an official studio press release.
 
A Bruce Campbell talk show would be amazing  :laughing
 
Top Bottom