Army of Darkness 2

He keeps hinting it might happen!  But who knows at this point.
 
I also agree with other people, with Sam Raimi u never know  :wink
But i hope its true that he has "focus" on AoD 2...and i quite like the idea that there would be one more movie from Sam, one from Fede and then one last FINAL evil dead movie...again if that turns out to be true.  :bigsmile

Also a while ago i saw some interview with Bruce Campbell and the interviewer asked him if he's going to do something horror-related (since Burn Notice is over) and he said: No, not yet.  :laughing

Wait & See, i guess.  :)
 
Id love to see a new evil dead it the series....
I heard that if this remake grosses wel theyll do second remake of 2 er sumthin in the mia ED universe then if that does well there doin an ash n mia whichll be the army of darkness 2 which would be super awesome but who knows how long thatll take n bruce is gettin up there in hero years, dont gimme wrong he still looks great n if he lost weight n bulked up again id be no problem...well just have to keep bein patience n see whut happens...
 
Well again nothing reaaaally new i guess but Mr.Campbell confirmed he will do Army of Darkness 2

http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/10/18/bruce-campbell-confirms-he-will-do-army-of-darkness-sequel/
 
I still need to hear the context of the question, TBH.  I'm not comfortable getting excited, especially after he "agreed" with Fede about doing that bridging sequel, then spent every interview afterward saying he was "full of crap" and there was "no need for the two universes to meet."

Also, that Q&A happened Friday and I find it amazing that nobody who attended beat BD to spreading this news.  It was literally nowhere all weekend until they picked up the article below and ran with it.  You'd think somebody at Ghosthouse would do an Actual Press Release, or Rob Tapert would confirm something.

I tweeted Bruce for confirmation, in any event.
 
I think Bruce just enjoys messing with fans :laughing
 
He sure does. It's not happening without a press release that's for sure.
 
Again, not really an official conformation but it's something I guess :-p

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3261606/sam-raimi-confirmed-to-direct-army-of-darkness-2/
 
It is interesting that they are using Fede Alvarez as an official source. This is good news, but I'll wait to go crazy until Sam himself talks about taking the helm. This is a good way to start out.
 
Fede Alvare also said that there would be the uncut remake on DVD and Blu-ray, haha! You honestly want to believe what comes out of his mouth?
 
Elise41 link said:
Fede Alvare also said that there would be the uncut remake on DVD and Blu-ray, haha! You honestly want to believe what comes out of his mouth?


I have no reason to think the man is lying to us... because things like that can and will come out in due time. Uncut, extended, and special editions. It's all the rage to release 10 million different version(s) of a film.
 
But why would it be something that one has to wait for? How many movies have I went and bought and the DVD or Blu-ray had two different versions already on it, the uncut/unrated and the theatrical cut? I know a lot of fans expressed anger or disappointment to see that they didn't get what he promised, including some friends of mine. If it isn't out now, how much longer would one have to wait? A good way to squeeze more money out of fan's pockets if you ask me.

I stay true to my word. No press release = no real news for me. If Sam Raimi can write five pages of the script in 2005 and say he's going to make it and then it didn't happen, it can easily backfire now. I'll wait for a press release.
 
In other news, Bruce admits to saying yes to that kid in Wizard World to shut him up and calls the whole thing baloney, while giving his tried "well Sam seems like he wants to do it" response over at a Seattle radio station.

http://www.957kjr.com/media/podcast-videos-from-the-bob-rivers-show-bobriversvideo/bruce-campbell-phone-23883115/
 
Elise41 link said:
But why would it be something that one has to wait for? How many movies have I went and bought and the DVD or Blu-ray had two different versions already on it, the uncut/unrated and the theatrical cut? I know a lot of fans expressed anger or disappointment to see that they didn't get what he promised, including some friends of mine. If it isn't out now, how much longer would one have to wait? A good way to squeeze more money out of fan's pockets if you ask me.

I stay true to my word. No press release = no real news for me. If Sam Raimi can write five pages of the script in 2005 and say he's going to make it and then it didn't happen, it can easily backfire now. I'll wait for a press release.



Look at The Hobbit. They have released two versions of that movie the first one being the bare bones theatrical version, and the extended edition is about to come out some seven months later. More movies means more money... and if you make people wait they will be comping at the bit.



At any rate, I was just talking on Twitter about the article from bloodydisgusting.com about the comment by Fede Alvarez on Sam Raimi directing Army of Darkness 2, and got re-tweeted by Bruce Campbell himself...

320MeampBCIV-Copy_zpsc2a1dfd2.jpg


Something tells me that Fede's comment was that if anyone would make it Sam would... but they ran with it. As well as others. Like I said before I thought it was odd they used Fede as the soul source for the info. Now the word is he is out of the possible Evil Dead 2 movie. Not sure what to think of it all.
 
That's absolutely terrible. With a franchise like LOTR/The Hobbit, that absolutely is easy though because it's so big, fans will double dip for sure. Still a dick move IMO. But even with the remake I think that only time will tell if the uncut or alternate cut version actually sees a release.

I saw that as well. A friend of mine gave me a theory that was really amusing how that tweet by Bruce and the announcement of Fede no longer attached to "Evil Dead 2" are co-related but I'll just stop there, haha!
 
Elise41 link said:
That's absolutely terrible. With a franchise like LOTR/The Hobbit, that absolutely is easy though because it's so big, fans will double dip for sure. Still a dick move IMO. But even with the remake I think that only time will tell if the uncut or alternate cut version actually sees a release.

I saw that as well. A friend of mine gave me a theory that was really amusing how that tweet by Bruce and the announcement of Fede no longer attached to "Evil Dead 2" are co-related but I'll just stop there, haha!



Speaking of dicks. It would suck a big ol' bag full of them if such a comment leads to the ouster of Fede Alvarez from Evil Dead 2. After all if you are going to be canned do so on your own accord... and not based off of my spur of the moment comment, hehehe.
 
AshTray link said:
Id love to see a new evil dead it the series....
I heard that if this remake grosses wel theyll do second remake of 2 er sumthin in the mia ED universe then if that does well there doin an ash n mia whichll be the army of darkness 2 which would be super awesome but who knows how long thatll take n bruce is gettin up there in hero years, dont gimme wrong he still looks great n if he lost weight n bulked up again id be no problem...well just have to keep bein patient n see whut happens...

Like i said we'll jes have to be patient n see whut happens...but bruce is all for it so that makes me happy enuff cuze id really hate to see an ash that aint bruce naw-m-sayin
 
Top Bottom