Army of Darkness 2

Even bigger addendum: Alvarez contacted Bloody Disgusting (and oh, how I hate giving them a click at this point) to clarify that he's still on the project, it's just nebulous because Sam is "concentrating on AOD2 right now"; it seems possible that his co-writer is the one completely leaving the project.  All of this makes even less sense, because Alvarez directed Evil Dead with only Rob Tapert's on-set presence and Campbell and Raimi's input seemed perfunctory during the pre-production beyond Bruce doing the casting and Raimi approving the script; in fact, much of the ED shoot took place while Sam was filming and editing Oz.  Which is why this statement isn't passing the smell test with me.  I almost feel as if it's going to die in development hell while he does that Inferno movie/his robot film and they all know it but he can't say it?  IDK.  Conjecture city.

Anyway, I think it's funny that Alvarez continues to literally be the only person confirming AOD2 on the entire team and Bruce has repeatedly declaimed everything he's said in the press/on Twitter, even directly saying Fede is "full of BS" because of the crossover rumor (in fact, of all of the rumors, he's most strongly declaimed that one). At this point I'm sick of the rumors, and if they're doing this back-and-forth BS to stir up interest in both movies it's having the exact opposite effect on me, and it's making them all look untrustworthy.

@ Elise and Nick El Ass: I can also clarify a little bit about why we never ended up with an uncut version of the remake on DVD, and why Alvarez has retreated into "if anything you'll get an extended cut" talk: all of those interviews/Tweets came out before they met with the MPAA for a final edit but after they got their NC-17. They seemed to believe they'd request a bigger cut, but the MPAA only requested five frames be chopped out to get the R they received, which is less than a blink's worth of footage.  Ever since then they've said "there'll be an extended cut" versus "there will be an unrated cut".  Apparently the only unseen gore scene that didn't make it into the final cut
David chopping up Natalie and/or Olivia
seemed to have been excised long before they locked the final version;  it seems to have been lost either due to logic concerns
Because: why would David have the sense to chop up Natalie and Olivia and not Eric?
or because of pacing.  Alvarez has said a few times that most of what they shot in excess was dialogue/character stuff and alternate takes (I think they shot his entire script), which is what you'll get the most of if they ever do release a different cut. 

So it's less him lying than them apparently being puffed-up and hyperbolus about what they thought the MPAA would do, then having to scramble when they had nothing to back up their big talk.  I think they were expecting a big stir and protests/bannings, and when none happened and it ended up being Just Another Successful horror film (closing out the year as the fifth most successful, I think) they had to try even harder to justify their bragging about the NC-17 they got/that people were fainting at screenings.

In any event, I don't trust Alvarez because of his multiple lies about where his remake stands in continuity with the original trilogy, his multiple lies about what Ash's place in the remake continuity is, and his apparent multiple lies about AOD2 Totes Happening. 
 
And now we have Bruce on-camera confirming AOD2 isn't in the works AND Fede is off Evil Dead 2 because "they lost him" to other projects and "he doesn't want to be the Evil Dead guy".

...Maybe Bruce should tell Fede that. 

This STILL isn't passing my smell test.  The tone of the STYD article is impressively bitter - it's actually gotten to the point where it's apparently frustrating the horror press.

ETA: I also find it hilarious that Bruce literally says exactly what Elise and I have been saying on Tumblr for years; unless there's a press release from Ren Pic/Ghost House, it's not legit.
 
MaidOfKandar link said:
And now we have Bruce on-camera confirming AOD2 isn't in the works AND Fede is off Evil Dead 2 because "they lost him" to other projects and "he doesn't want to be the Evil Dead guy".

...Maybe Bruce should tell Fede that. 

This STILL isn't passing my smell test.  The tone of the STYD article is impressively bitter - it's actually gotten to the point where it's apparently frustrating the horror press.

ETA: I also find it hilarious that Bruce literally says exactly what Elise and I have been saying on Tumblr for years; unless there's a press release from Ren Pic/Ghost House, it's not legit.


In all due respect a lot of people have been saying those exact words... All this back and forth has been more interesting than the build up to any other movie.
 
Ditto .. untill we get an official anouncement, it's all bullsh*t ..
 
Oh, I didn't mean to denigrate anyone's opinion here at all!  Sorry, guys :) I was just speaking on my frustration RE Tumblr only, because people won't listen whenever news like this comes out.
 
MaidOfKandar link said:
Oh, I didn't mean to denigrate anyone's opinion here at all!  Sorry, guys :) I was just speaking on my frustration RE Tumblr only, because people won't listen whenever news like this comes out.


No... you didn't. I was just saying that because after 10 years on Deadites that has been the most common line dropped throughout the years, hahaha.
 
Hee, quite true!!  And it's all good, guys - and sorry again!
 
Speaking of that extended/uncut, etc version of the remake that was never delivered, somebody started a petition asking for it that is circulating right now. Looks like fans really want it.
 
Sony rarely if ever releases extended versions of movies.
 
Hah, good luck to them getting it out of Sony/Fede; even Fede admits that what got cut was mostly dialogue. 
 
Kain link said:
I wish they kept the scene with David and chainsaw.


That scene, Mia singing, and some other stuff that is rumored to have been shot has to see the light of day at some point. They can't just hoard it can they? Now that I think about it after going to see another film over the holidays I couldn't help, but notice they cut scenes out that appeared in the damn trailer.
 
The deleted scenes are bound to be included in the full uncut release which is likely to be released sometime in the forseeable future. If not, then I'll be let down. They took out, in my view, some scenes that just shouldn't have been taken out.
 
The word is that there isn't any, ha. The video that was released that talks of the AOD rumor timeline hilariously seems to poke fun at all the crap they say to get you excited for nothing. I still say it's not happening.
 
I would like to see the apocalypse at the original ending and also Ash returning to the cabin and lots of homages to the earlier films and the video games as well as including the Sam character from a past adventure to make the video game canon
 
Jake Maverick link said:
it wd truly be awesome but never going to happen now  :-(  brucey getting too old....and ironically with the tech available today they cd probably do a better job than AOD with less money.....if money was the only problem set up a website, enough fans wd chip in to buy shares in it? sure he'll end up with more than he did AOD on.....does Sam actually own the rights/ who does?

and i'm still pretty gutted abt legend of the seeker being cancelled, that was getting pretty good......


Is that your modus operandi to remind us of Bruce's age every time you post on here? I for one think Bruce Campbell is still capable of kicking plenty of ass, and would frown on you shenanigans.

alienapc.jpg
 
Jake Maverick link said:
just a general nudge to try and get it happening ;-)

....+ I just watched bubba ho-tepp actually, so only one bady but he stillmanaged to kick his ass.....so point made i think! ;-)

Good point Jake ... and Clint Eastwood kicked ass as an old acter/gunslinger in The Unforgiven. Bruce could do this realisticly if he lost a bit of weight. Not being mean to him but I doubt Ash would have piled on the pounds.
 
How old was Charles Bronson when he was in those Death Wish movies? .... he was pretty hardcore in those and he was no spring chicken either ...

I'd still like to see Ash as an old, grizzled, viking bearded recluse ..... as experienced as old Ben Kenobi but with attitude ..... he can kill a Deadite in just 1 to 2 moves now where younger men would fight as long as he used to have to :) .... anyone got Sam Raimi's phone number?
 
Nick el Ass link said:
[quote author=Kain link=topic=1012.msg8292#msg8292 date=1387981139]
I wish they kept the scene with David and chainsaw.


That scene, Mia singing, and some other stuff that is rumored to have been shot has to see the light of day at some point. They can't just hoard it can they? Now that I think about it after going to see another film over the holidays I couldn't help, but notice they cut scenes out that appeared in the damn trailer.
[/quote]

This actually makes me want to compile a list of stuff that was for-sure shot and then cut out (exists in the script/actors talked about filming it/people who attended the screening of the rough saw it/was in the trailer).

Jake Maverick link said:
it wd truly be awesome but never going to happen now  :-(  brucey getting too old....and ironically with the tech available today they cd probably do a better job than AOD with less money.....if money was the only problem set up a website, enough fans wd chip in to buy shares in it? sure he'll end up with more than he did AOD on.....does Sam actually own the rights/ who does?

and i'm still pretty gutted abt legend of the seeker being cancelled, that was getting pretty good......

AOD seems to be the intellectual license of Universal (in fact, they keep licensing stuff like the Dynamite comics and that poker game that Bruce is either unaware of or doesn't seem to approve of judging from comments he keeps making); ED2/TED is the intellectual property of Sam/Rob/Bruce/Ghost House.

(Also I think the OMG BRUCE IS TOO OLD TO BE ASH stuff keeps resurfacing because BRUCE keeps insisting he's too old to be Ash.  That was his refrain at q&as for five years before the remake happened.
 
Top Bottom