Army of Darkness/Evil Dead Comics Discussion Thread!

Like I've said before, we've gotten two crossovers back to back. It's been two years since a normal non-crossover AOD series, so we're overdue for one of those. September solicitations come out this Friday, but if there is anything new in the pipeline, we'll hear about it between now and then.

As for unlikely speculation... based on the pattern of the last 13 years of crossovers, I'd be more than willing to bet that it's going to be another Dynamite-owned property and not one with another publisher... so... I don't know... maybe CHAOS (since they're doing four CHAOS Library hardcover Kickstarters over the next year and a half and probably want to put out something new with those characters to ride the hype). Yeah, put me down for CHAOS vs Army of Darkness being the next one.
I've still got some promo broadsheets back when Comic Scene News were advertising the first crossover (?). The Re-Animator Evil Dead crossover. They might be worth some cash to someone?.

I'd quite like to mail one to MaidOfKandar seeing as she was responsible for making this thread happen years ago after a chat with us. Salute.
 
Last edited:
I've still got some promo broadsheets back when Comic Scene News were advertising the first crossover (?). The Re-Animator Evil Dead crossover. They might be worth some cash to someone?.

I'd quite like to mail one to MaidOfKandar seeing as she was responsible for making this thread happen years ago after a chat with us. Salute.

Aww, I'd love to have one!
 
Aww, I'd love to have one!
No worries. Please pm me an address to mail it to and I will as soon as I'm able to. I picked up three I think from Nostalgia & Comics because they were free advertising stuff.

edit: I've found them. It's a trade paper for Re Animator vs Army Of Darkness, that series came out in 2005 so I'm guessing I picked up these trade papers in 2004 (?).

aCSN001.jpg

Was the above the first ever Evil Dead comic book crossover?

 
Last edited:
Will do soon!
 
Dynamite's September 2026 solicitations are out, and the only Army of Darkness thing in there is the Archie x Army of Darkness trade paperback, which is currently slated for a September 9th release date.
 
New #5 blind bag date is July 1st. Seems like Dynamite is wanting to hold off on a few AOD things to release them around the time Burn comes out. We get the blind bags the week before the movie and then the retail release of the AOD board game the week after. I'm shocked they didn't have any reprints for the omnis or a few trades lined up for July like they did to capitalize on AvED and Rise.
Aaaannnnnddd it's delayed again. July 8th. Provided this date sticks, it's gonna be a hell of a week for Evil Dead... the ED1 Sony 4k SteelBook on the 7th, the Archie x AOD #5 blind bags on the 8th, and Burn releasing on the 10th.
 
Aaaannnnnddd it's delayed again. July 8th. Provided this date sticks, it's gonna be a hell of a week for Evil Dead... the ED1 Sony 4k SteelBook on the 7th, the Archie x AOD #5 blind bags on the 8th, and Burn releasing on the 10th.
Pushed back to July 15th. I would be genuinely shocked if they come out before August. Hell, I'd be shocked if they come out before the trade does in September...
 
No AOD stuff in Dynamite's October solicitations, and there's been zero information on any announcements that may have happened at Dynamite's SDCC panel last night. Keeping my eyes peeled for anything, put perhaps AOD is going on hiatus for a bit (at least for the rest of this year)?
 
No AOD stuff in Dynamite's October solicitations, and there's been zero information on any announcements that may have happened at Dynamite's SDCC panel last night. Keeping my eyes peeled for anything, put perhaps AOD is going on hiatus for a bit (at least for the rest of this year)?

Well, that sucks. Usually they make some kind of effort to pump the license for money in October.
 
Well, that sucks. Usually they make some kind of effort to pump the license for money in October.
You'd think they'd want to ride the Burn hype, but I guess we're still way too close to the end of the Archie crossover and the beginning of production on the RPG for them to launch something new.
 
Just a heads up, Dynamite has migrated over to a new website, which unfortunately means all of the pages of listings for their older AOD books (including the cover galleries and some textless art page samples) are gone. While I am holding out hope that they get around to adding the old stuff (having a little glimmer of hope since their new site does have listings for comics they no longer have the license to), we'll just have to wait and see.
 
Just a heads up, Dynamite has migrated over to a new website, which unfortunately means all of the pages of listings for their older AOD books (including the cover galleries and some textless art page samples) are gone. While I am holding out hope that they get around to adding the old stuff (having a little glimmer of hope since their new site does have listings for comics they no longer have the license to), we'll just have to wait and see.
We still got our cover galleries! :cool:
 
Remember Red Sonja vs The Army of Darkness? Yeah, seems like a lifetime ago now, but the trade paperback collection is finally coming out Tuesday, September 15th, 2026! Here's an extended preview of the contents (from issue one):
EDIT: It's out TODAY!
 
Speaking of Red Sonja and Army of Darkness, I recently found this interesting little selection from a 2005 Comic Shop News interview with James Kuhoric while he was promoting the first AOD vs Re-Animator comic. Seems like there was a serious desire for Ash and Sonja to crossover even back then!
snymrMd.jpeg
 
Oh that could be fun!
 
Top Bottom