Ash Vs. Evil Dead DVD / BLURAY RELEASE DATE

I decided to pre-order the Steelbook today. Looks nice! I haven't bought a blu-ray in a long time.
 
Picture from Comic Con of the final packaging for the regular edition:

CoOIYE0XYAA9riH.jpg
 
Oh so that is a reverse cover? I thought that it as a whole other release when I first saw it and I was convinced that they were going oto go nuts like they already have with the 10,000,000 releases of the original films!
 
That's apparently a lenticular version they released especially for Comic Con, from what I've grasped.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
That's apparently a lenticular version they released especially for Comic Con, from what I've grasped.

Correction its a semi transparent plastic slipcase with gold like foil. Not a Comic Con Exclusive and this is premium type of slipcase that STARZ TV series offers for their blu-ray releases.


Kain said:
Hopefully they'll have reversible covers :P

Unfortunately not. Anchorbay (Starz) only does Steelbook, Metalpak and Plastic Sleeves offer with Blu-rays.

Reversible is a common thing that Shout/Scream Factory does
 
xage said:
MaidOfKandar said:
That's apparently a lenticular version they released especially for Comic Con, from what I've grasped.

Correction its a semi transparent plastic slipcase with gold like foil. Not a Comic Con Exclusive and this is premium type of slipcase that STARZ TV series offers for their blu-ray releases.


Kain said:
Hopefully they'll have reversible covers :P

Unfortunately not. Anchorbay (Starz) only does Steelbook, Metalpak and Plastic Sleeves offer with Blu-rays.

Reversible is a common thing that Shout/Scream Factory does



Ahh, the article I read made it seem like it was an exclusive.  Thank you!   I kind of like that they reversed the covers but unless the extras are spectacular I'm going to probably lean on the regular ed.
 
We're just about a week out from the show being released but we still don't have special feature specs.

Has anyone heard anything?
 
I got u fam.
kyAzokm.jpg

These were apparently being given out at Comic-Con.

Also, commentary spoilers:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97RaYGRCPCE[/video]
 
It took long enough to get the info on what kind of bonuses we would be getting with this release. I'm just sad because while I was looking at my pre-order I noticed that I forgot to make sure it would arrive on the actual day of release, but I don't think a few extra day(s) will kill me at this point.
 
You're going to have to import it just like I am. A friend is forwarding it to me from the States. It's absolutely bullshit.
 
Elise41 said:
You're going to have to import it just like I am. A friend is forwarding it to me from the States. It's absolutely bullshit.

Argh, the Best Buy pre-order is in store pick-up only, so I can't even have it shipped to me.

Any Deadites in the US willing to help out a fellow Deadite? I will cover all costs of course. PM me!
 
Special features:

  • Audio Commentaries: Commentaries with cast and crew are featured on all ten episodes. There’s a lot of goofing around, particularly when it comes to the cast tracks, but they do contain some interesting behind the scenes info.
  • Ash: Inside the World (16 Minutes): A great compilation of behind the scenes featurettes that aired with certain episodes during the season.
  • How to Kill a Deadite (3 Minutes): A very brief featurette that has Bruce Campbell and fans explaining how to kill deadites.
  • Best of Ash (1 Minute): A short collage of scenes featuring Ash.
 
Kain said:
Special features:

  • Audio Commentaries: Commentaries with cast and crew are featured on all ten episodes. There’s a lot of goofing around, particularly when it comes to the cast tracks, but they do contain some interesting behind the scenes info.
  • Ash: Inside the World (16 Minutes): A great compilation of behind the scenes featurettes that aired with certain episodes during the season.
  • How to Kill a Deadite (3 Minutes): A very brief featurette that has Bruce Campbell and fans explaining how to kill deadites.
  • Best of Ash (1 Minute): A short collage of scenes featuring Ash.

That's kind of disappointing, you would think they would have a ton of deleted scenes from just from all of the location changes.

What I really liked about The Walking Dead was all the behind the scenes gore fx--even though they weren't all particularly great. Still awesome to see artists at work.
 
Kain said:
Special features:

  • Audio Commentaries: Commentaries with cast and crew are featured on all ten episodes. There’s a lot of goofing around, particularly when it comes to the cast tracks, but they do contain some interesting behind the scenes info.
  • Ash: Inside the World (16 Minutes): A great compilation of behind the scenes featurettes that aired with certain episodes during the season.
  • How to Kill a Deadite (3 Minutes): A very brief featurette that has Bruce Campbell and fans explaining how to kill deadites.
  • Best of Ash (1 Minute): A short collage of scenes featuring Ash.

Mph, I'm kinda meh on these extras.  We've seen the 'Inside the World' extras and they weren't that great; the Best Of will probably be a line-o-rama mashup of the show or the movies.  But, of course, we know those commentaries are going to be golden; they always are on these releases.  I'll probably wait until this hits the sales racks.  There's no excuse for there not to be a blooper reel or deleted scenes, especially because we know stuff was cut (the scene with Ruby and the kid, for instance).
 
MaidOfKandar said:
Kain said:
Special features:

  • Audio Commentaries: Commentaries with cast and crew are featured on all ten episodes. There’s a lot of goofing around, particularly when it comes to the cast tracks, but they do contain some interesting behind the scenes info.
  • Ash: Inside the World (16 Minutes): A great compilation of behind the scenes featurettes that aired with certain episodes during the season.
  • How to Kill a Deadite (3 Minutes): A very brief featurette that has Bruce Campbell and fans explaining how to kill deadites.
  • Best of Ash (1 Minute): A short collage of scenes featuring Ash.

Mph, I'm kinda meh on these extras.  We've seen the 'Inside the World' extras and they weren't that great; the Best Of will probably be a line-o-rama mashup of the show or the movies.  But, of course, we know those commentaries are going to be golden; they always are on these releases.  I'll probably wait until this hits the sales racks.  There's no excuse for there not to be a blooper reel or deleted scenes, especially because we know stuff was cut (the scene with Ruby and the kid, for instance).

i agree with everyone else they should have at least added a blooper reel and some deleted/extended scenes to this set (i have a feeling some of those deleted scenes weren't worth putting on the dvd, case in point the cupcake scene with pablo and kelly ) but the commentaries are going to be the main event of the extras.
 
Ashenwraith said:
That's kind of disappointing, you would think they would have a ton of deleted scenes from just from all of the location changes.

They will save all the good stuff for the special deluxe Blu-Ray/dvd box set that will come out at some point down the road. I don't think they will go the recent Warner Brothers way by charging 800 dollars like they are for the upcoming LotR/Hobbit set on Amazon http://collider.com/lord-of-the-rings-hobbit-blu-ray-set-release-date-price/ with a whopping 30 discs, but you never know these days.
 
Top Bottom