Ash vs Evil Dead S01E09: Bound in the Flesh Discussion [SPOILERS]

I'm gonna keep this indepth review short since i'm keeping my attention mostly focused on the finale so here's my indepth thought's on ep9


Pro's

-The jokes were on point in this episode (but also it's downfall aswell)

-Kelly's reasoning for not wanting pablo to be in a relationship and looking out for his own well being

-Deadite Amanda

-Ruby's Reveal 

-Big Setup for the finale

-Teamwork shown between pablo kelly and ash

-Ruby and Ash interaction with each other

*no middles*

Con's


-Rob Wright's script completely ruin's the emotional impact and character development ep 8 had for ash and completely make's ash look like a complete creep in this episode, if i were to tell someone to completely ignore a episode from this series it would be this one in a heartbeat and i would only show them the important part's needed for the finale, at least with the other writers they made ash look like a asshole but at least they showed he can be caring man at heart even if it was in small amount's it was still there, i really hope rob wright never work's on this show again.



And that's about it for my review, this was a great episode and has a really good twist, but rob wright's scripting for ash really brought this episode down for me despite all the pro's i gave it.
 
eViL DeAdiTe said:
Hurley said:
Someone here, I can't find it now, had a theory about Ruby. I took the liberty of expanding this theory a bit and making it solid for the entire plot. This is what I came up with. And I'd like to hear your thoughts.

  • 30 years ago, Ruby arrives to the cabin and finds her dead Deadite mother and Annie, still with the Kandarian dagger (held by Ash's hand) in her back. She collects the dagger and the hand, but she can't find the Necronomicon (because Ash has it, FOR SOME REASON).
  • In the following years, Ruby studies the ancient forces of Evil and she is finally able to contact one of the Dark Ones. The Dark One wants the Necronomicon, but the Evil can't yet enter our World (not until the first episode where Ash summons it by accident), so the Dark One makes a deal with Ruby.
  • He tells her that Ash killed her family and stole the Necronomicon, and that if she finds Ash and gives the Necronomicon to him, he will bring the Knowby family back to life (or at least Ruby's father, who's maybe not yet dead, but rather still imprisoned between two worlds, as was stated in Evil Dead II).
  • Ruby agrees, but she knows that she can't trust the Dark One and therefore she secretly want's the Necronomicon for herself, so that she could use its power to save her family on her own.
  • After Ash summons the Evil and Ruby starts killing off Deadites (Kelly's dad, Lionel), the Dark One realises that Ruby has no intention of honouring their agreement. So when Ruby meets Brujo, he "Drags her to Hell", where the Dark One possess Ruby's body, so that he could get the Book himself. The only question that remains is whether Ruby is now dead/in hell, or she is still there somewhere and can fight the Dark One.
The only thing that doesn't make sense is why it took Ruby so long to find Ash. As someone stated before, he never left Michigan and was just going from one Value Stop to another and Ruby was actually able to find him only after the hand woke up. But I don't think the show will explain this. It's just one of the plot holes I think we all can live with.

Sounds like something I posted in this thread a few weeks ago.

Oop, I forgot your theory too, eViL DeAdiTe, sorry!

@Joe - of all of the character complaints I've had for this show, I'll pretty much never forgive and forget Ash as a necrophile.  All that can save that line for me is some kind of weird revelation that that isn't the "Real" Ash but next episode suggests it is.
 
Ash Williams Forever said:
One question: Where did Good Ash get his right-cheek face scar last episode?  Fisher scarred Evil Ash's last episode (how also?), but I think Good Ash got his first.  Weird it's in the exact same place.

We were discussing it in the thread for the last episode. I guess it was one of the circular buzzsaw blades that were thrown at him while he was in the shed talking to Linda, but I'm not sure (I didn't take the time to rewatch). The way they kept conveniently doing specific things to him and Evil Ash in order to make them look exactly the same for the "who's the real Ash?" moment on this episode was so contrived. So much work for so little pay off.



I rewatched ep 8, and it seems Good Ash is first shown with the scar the next time we see his face after the third sawblade comes at him, which he ducked to avoid.  Not sure how it could have touched him, given how he ducked, but...
 
Top Bottom