DyD
Spinach Chin
- Joined
- Oct 31, 2015
- Location
- Votuporanga, Brazil
Mardeadite said:Co-Written" doesn't mean Sam was in the writing room with them throughout the process. It just means he turned in the outline/first draft and let Craig and his writers do whatever they wanted from that point on. The leaked draft for the pilot written by him and Ivan was very different from the script they shot (and much better, in my opinion).
Okay, I thought the first episode was pretty much Sam and Ivan's baby, but that's interesting. I'd be interested to check out the unmodified version written by them.
Also, the problem is not with having sex scenes in the show. There's a sex scene in AoD.
I was thinking more of the sleazy nature of the sex scene rather than the fact one occurred, but if Sam and/or Ivan didn't write it, I guess that makes my point irrelevant.
I don't disagree with a lot of your points although I like both series overall.
I think we agree they could be better. This last episode definitely could have been better...
Oh, we most definitely agree on a lot of things. I think my post may have seemed a little more antagonistic than I originally intended, so I'm sorry for that. It's just that I'm still kinda grumpy about the show. I don't remember if the sex scene was in the original draft that Sam wrote (it could be). The biggest differences that I remember off the top of my head is that the book was still destroyed in it (Ash never read from it while high on pot) and that the stuff with Amanda was much better written and structured. The thing about the bathroom sex scene is that if that was the only moment of sleazy sex in the show, I wouldn't be too bothered by it. At least that moment was kinda character driven, even if still a little too over the top for my tastes, with Ash screaming "you like my wood?" and all. The problem is with that sleazy aspect of the writing rearing its ugly head over and over again throughout the episodes. To me it reached a point where I had to say "enough is enough".