- Joined
- Mar 31, 2013
Welcome to the board @deaditer12345!
Exactly how I felt!
I've got to hand it to Bruce; the guy's had a years-long regimen of rock climbing, hiking and bike riding behind him. Guy's got calves you could bouce a quarter off of.
^^ Exactly, and I think calling her "Linda B" suits the situation just fine. Though for the millionth time I wish they hadn't denigrated Ash and OG Linda's relationship with the whole Linda naming convention in the first place.
I think the biggest problem I have with the series sometimes really is the lack of imagination. AOD broke out of the one-guy-fights-demons-in-a-cabin mold and showed us a whole universe. I shouldn't be unfavorably comparing the show with the comics, but God did Ash vs The Army Of Darkness do a better job at world building. We could have Ash exploring different universes and fighting evil there, but we don't quite have that.
ALSO THIS.
I'll add on that Far Far Away Site posted some behind the scenes shots from episode one that've been added to the gallery linked at the head of this post.
And in closing @Duke Henry the Red While I agree with a few of your statements, please see rule three, as you're coming off a tad bit aggressive here!
I think revealing Brandy to Ash, and killing Candace/Candy could've waited until at least Episode 2. A lot of that was rushed, and so were the character's reactions. I dunno.
Exactly how I felt!
was actually watching Burn Notice recently and it amazes me in how much better shape Bruce is now than he was 10 years ago. And he's almost 60!
I've got to hand it to Bruce; the guy's had a years-long regimen of rock climbing, hiking and bike riding behind him. Guy's got calves you could bouce a quarter off of.
We realize and understand everything just fine. The problem isn't that the character has changed over time, but that the changes don't fall in line with what came before and that the character has been turned into a one dimensional caricature. Ash's characterization has been a problem to a lot of us ever since the first season and I honestly don't see much difference in his portrayal now from who he was in season 1, before he had "won" (as you put it). He's been this stupid, unlikable and one note character ever since the very first episode and so far it only got worse. As a matter of fact, the show has been actively retconning or ignoring a lot of his history and development he had already gone through in order to make him even more one dimensional and even more of a caricature. But like I said before, there is a hint of something different here in his interactions with Brandy that I hope we'll see more of.
^^ Exactly, and I think calling her "Linda B" suits the situation just fine. Though for the millionth time I wish they hadn't denigrated Ash and OG Linda's relationship with the whole Linda naming convention in the first place.
it's repetitive. there's an evil book that allows demons to come into this world and ash and his friends have to kill them. been there, done that. come on, mix it up, change it up, let the story evolve.
I think the biggest problem I have with the series sometimes really is the lack of imagination. AOD broke out of the one-guy-fights-demons-in-a-cabin mold and showed us a whole universe. I shouldn't be unfavorably comparing the show with the comics, but God did Ash vs The Army Of Darkness do a better job at world building. We could have Ash exploring different universes and fighting evil there, but we don't quite have that.
Enough with the demon pregnancies already. Been there, done that.
ALSO THIS.
I'll add on that Far Far Away Site posted some behind the scenes shots from episode one that've been added to the gallery linked at the head of this post.
And in closing @Duke Henry the Red While I agree with a few of your statements, please see rule three, as you're coming off a tad bit aggressive here!