Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!]

Kain said:
Might just be you. The practical special effects were a lot better in season 2 but I admit season 1 had that "fresh" post production look.

I think the thing about the show's (overall improved) CGI this year is that when they used it well it was really well-done, but when they used it wrongly (the transformation scene for Henrietta, some of the Classic's battle scenes) it was eye-blastingly egregious.

Joem1k said:



Source : https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/819007364758048768 


I don't think this is for filming but more so probably pre-production stuff or his just visiting the writers room. (Which dana and lucy have visited in the past months for some table reads or something, who knows.) If it was for filming there would have been a lot of posts from the cast,crew and stuntmen saying there in NZ.  Oh hey look at that, there is plastic in bruce's trailer ! (Check out the couch)

I'm guessing that they're going to reconvene around the same time they did last year (which Bruce's Tweet from last year tells us was the beginning of March), so you're probably right Joe.  We know they've been writing since at least around the fall, when Craig got pinkslipped, so they probably have had a plan of action since the NY/Christmas break, just like last year.  Bruce always shows up a little early for pre-production and supervision reasons, then flies back to the states for other business.  I wish them luck.  There's a lot riding on this season and they're going to be doing battle against American Gods along with the bad taste the S2 finale left in people's mouths.

I love that everything in it appears to be washable. He has learned his lesson well after the peanut brittle disaster during the original TED shoot!
 
For some reason, I read this


I love that everything in it appears to be washable.
 

as this:
I love that everyone in it appears to be washable.

I thought, "Eh? What?" My silly eyes/brain.
American Gods. I'm actually really looking forward to that one (I really like the book) but hopefully it won't take viewing away from AvED. Hopefully the scheduling will be advantageous to both.
 
small tid bit of a s3 update  

Lucy Lawless main stunt double (Danya Grant) just tweeted out that they are about to start pre-production here soon, or im gonna assume that's whats implied in this tweet. (Practice stunts, make-up tests ETC ETC) 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Also about to start some mayhem on Ash vs evil dead season 3 woo hoo [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#WomenKickAss[/font] [font=Arial, sans-serif]#AshvsEvilDead[/font]

Source : https://twitter.com/Daynastunts/status/824467662939922432

I'll keep you guys posted if any thing else pops up in the coming weeks ahead from any of the make-up people, actors or stunt people. (boy does the drought in-between seasons really sucks *sigh*.)

OH BTW

Here's a little treat i dug up for you guys, nick bassett has a website set-up, and it has never before seen stuff in here (Concepts etc etc) 

http://www.nickbassett.design/production-design/

ENJOY !  :D
 
Love the Bassett website, and specially all that concept-art! Superb!! Thanks!!
 
Mardeadite said:
For some reason, I read this


I love that everything in it appears to be washable.
 

as this:
I love that everyone in it appears to be washable.

I thought, "Eh? What?" My silly eyes/brain.
American Gods. I'm actually really looking forward to that one (I really like the book) but hopefully it won't take viewing away from AvED. Hopefully the scheduling will be advantageous to both.

:D  Thankfully everyone who works for AvED is hand-washable!

@Joe - yep, I'm guessing fight choreo is going to be first up - I still remember back when they had Lucy's stuntwoman practicing stuff with a horse, which never came to fruition in the final product.
 
A little bit concerning season 3 here.

I found myself mentally rolling my eyes (so to speak) when I read that they would be exploring more of Ash's back story thinking, didn't they do that in season 2? (Okay, perhaps not as much as some liked considering what happened to Brett, I'm just hoping things don't get too repetitive.)

Reading further, or seems they're actually referring to
the prophetic stuff concerning Ash, and why he is the chosen one.
Fair enough. That could be very interesting, but I hope the rest of the team continue to be developed.

I actually kind of hope the entire season isn't in Oak Grove though. I actually liked the road trip feel of season 1, although I suspect I'm a minority there.
 
YEP

The whole season is supposed to focus on the 'why is Ash the Promised One?' question.

I really hope they've thought this one out becuase if they're going to mess around with the mythology people are going to be pissed.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
YEP

The whole season is supposed to focus on the 'why is Ash the Promised One?' question.

I really hope they've thought this one out becuase if they're going to mess around with the mythology people are going to be pissed.

Agree,  They need to take the show and the mythology a little bit more seriously. 

Hope they will not rip off Harry Potter on the promised one story line.  ;) 
 
Mardeadite said:
Agreed.

Sorry I guess this was already covered earlier on the site.

I'm getting old. ;-)

It's absolutely okay!!  There were some spoilers posted just after season 2 ended that revealed the general theme, but your article fleshes that out a bit.

Sutter Cane said:
MaidOfKandar said:
YEP

The whole season is supposed to focus on the 'why is Ash the Promised One?' question.

I really hope they've thought this one out becuase if they're going to mess around with the mythology people are going to be pissed.

Agree,  They need to take the show and the mythology a little bit more seriously. 

Hope they will not rip off Harry Potter on the promised one story line.  ;) 

I just want it to make a modicum of sense at this point.  Though I worry they'll go too goofy or trip themselves up.  I was always fine with the idea that Ash had greatness thrust upon him and rose to the occasion versus it being a Williams birthright or something like that.

I'm also exhausted RE the constant promise that the show will be EVEN CRAZIER THIS SEASON.  I get that they have to keep promising people that to keep them hooked, especially after so many were turned off by the season 2 finale but eesh.
 
Eh, i wouldn't say that article is fleshing out anything that's already been said before, but more so just re-wording it to make it sound like there reporting something new, that's just how i take that article  :rolleyes: . 

Honestly, i think they should be pushing the envelope for this next season if were diving into mythology and cracking open the characters more, like more world building for the "underworld" (Like for example, have pablo mention his time in the underworld or show what he saw and went through during his time there before he was resurrected, that sequence alone would be creepy as all hell to witness.) , more creative demons, a small but sensible explanation for why ash was chosen by the book (less is more IMO), more backstory on ruby, more development of pablo's character (like per say give him some abilities carried over from being tied with the book and maybe have him learn some brujo tricks and spells ETC ETC.). Alright gonna stop myself before i get into rambling territory but the point is, i don't think it's bad they wanna push the envelope for this upcoming season, i just hope they will stick the landing, so here's hoping they do !
 
Eh, true enough, but there's enough in it to provide the reader a refresher course in what's going to happen.

I think at this point that Ruby backstory is going to be beside the point, since we only have this younger version to work with and past, so to speak, will be prologue here.  I imagine half the season is going to be the team battling against the illusion of perfection they've been thrust into and the rest trying to rejoin the right reality.  We'll probably have growth in the Linda/Ash relationship.  I feel like the show might get tangled up in some kind of game of 'top that' with itself, which is never a comfortable position to be in, especially with declining ratings. 
 
Huh, so KNB won't be working on this season then.
 
Anyone who has Kiss, or anything with Gene Simmons on their profile like a Facebook cover and/or Twitter header gets a automatic thumbs down from me. I'd rather see someone with KNB working on AvED.
 
I'm sure KNB effects is probably still working with them in some capacity for this season plus shay has been working with them on the effects since s1, so i'd say let's look before we leap here. :P
 
@Joe - to be fair, KNB had already announced at this point that they were doing stuff for the season by now. There's always a possibility that they'll use another effects house but they usually have one house doing digital and one doing practical, as far as i can remember. And the digital stuff is usually in-house. Have they ever employed three?
 
@Maid

Who knows, but  i'm not gonna worry too much as the NZ special effects crew hasn't let us down yet in the practical effects, set  and make up department, they've all done a splendid job so far imo. It wouldn't surprise me none if some of the knb effects team didn't help them out with some of the stuff for last years season (Henrietta) i have a good feeling they will be involved with this season in some capacity.
 
@Joe - True, the SFX have gotten a lot better since S1. I just think it's an interesting turn of events!
 
I guess we will be waiting just as long to get our hands on the season 2 dvd/Blu-ray for season 2 as we did for season 1. I'm more interested in the cast and crew commentary for each episode of this season than any release in a long time.
 
Top Bottom