Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!]

Here's the full AvED press conference call via Collider; mild overall season spoilers included

I needed to post this here simple fact that Tapert blurts out that 'continuity is for wimps' (a knee-slapper considering how much fucking work they've put into making callbacks this season  
like recycling whole incidents and dialogue scenes from the movie and building an entire season around Ash and Cheryl's sibling bond
) and everyone's awkward reaction to a reporter calling the ratings tremendous (those ratings are a matter of record for anyone who wants to look them up and make their own calls on that one).
 
@Maid

I think rob was just joking around and probably just being a smart-ass when it came to that question and was probably just taking a jab at the series continuity in general which is a big joke in of itself. 


I don't wanna cause alarm or get anyone excited but there starting to hire new writers for season 3, here's the tweet. 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Pleased I can now announce I'm on the writing staff of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#AshvsEvilDead[img=32x33]https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/Starz/Starz.png[/img][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] Season 3.[/font]


https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/status/780562086950686721

I've looked into this guy's work and he has a pretty well acclaimed comic book series named "Postal" and no it's not about the video game before anyone ask's, can't wait to see what this guy can bring to the table !
 
Joem1k said:
I don't wanna cause alarm or get anyone excited but there starting to hire new writers for season 3, here's the tweet. 

I'm more excited by the fact that they seem to be hiring new writers than by the hint that there will possibly be a third season.
 
Joem1k said:
@Maid

I think rob was just joking around and probably just being a smart-ass when it came to that question and was probably just taking a jab at the series continuity in general which is a big joke in of itself. 


I don't wanna cause alarm or get anyone excited but there starting to hire new writers for season 3, here's the tweet. 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Pleased I can now announce I'm on the writing staff of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#AshvsEvilDead[img=32x33]https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/Starz/Starz.png[/img][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] Season 3.[/font]


https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/status/780562086950686721

I've looked into this guy's work and he has a pretty well acclaimed comic book series named "Postal" and no it's not about the video game before anyone ask's, can't wait to see what this guy can bring to the table !

He deleted his tweet. He says he got hired for season 2 not 3. Weird.
 
Joem1k said:
@Maid

I think rob was just joking around and probably just being a smart-ass when it came to that question and was probably just taking a jab at the series continuity in general which is a big joke in of itself. 


I don't wanna cause alarm or get anyone excited but there starting to hire new writers for season 3, here's the tweet. 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Pleased I can now announce I'm on the writing staff of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#AshvsEvilDead[img=32x33]https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/Starz/Starz.png[/img][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] Season 3.[/font]


https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/status/780562086950686721

I've looked into this guy's work and he has a pretty well acclaimed comic book series named "Postal" and no it's not about the video game before anyone ask's, can't wait to see what this guy can bring to the table !

I think Rob has a tendency to say things in front of the press that gets them into trouble, I just found it funny because his comment didn't make much sense in the face of what this season is about.

Also I'll never be over everyone saying how terrible season one is.  Why do they keep doing that?!  It wasn't even that bad - I'll say that much and I'm its biggest critic -  and I'd say they got the ratings they desserved.

Responding to this (and to you and Kain together!) below!


DyD said:
Joem1k said:
I don't wanna cause alarm or get anyone excited but there starting to hire new writers for season 3, here's the tweet. 

I'm more excited by the fact that they seem to be hiring new writers than by the hint that there will possibly be a third season.

They have a phalanx of new writers this year, actually - from season one the only repeat writers are Ivan Raimi and Craig DeGregario.

Kain said:
Joem1k said:
@Maid

I think rob was just joking around and probably just being a smart-ass when it came to that question and was probably just taking a jab at the series continuity in general which is a big joke in of itself. 


I don't wanna cause alarm or get anyone excited but there starting to hire new writers for season 3, here's the tweet. 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Pleased I can now announce I'm on the writing staff of [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#AshvsEvilDead[img=32x33]https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/Starz/Starz.png[/img][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] Season 3.[/font]


https://twitter.com/bryanedwardhill/status/780562086950686721

I've looked into this guy's work and he has a pretty well acclaimed comic book series named "Postal" and no it's not about the video game before anyone ask's, can't wait to see what this guy can bring to the table !

He deleted his tweet. He says he got hired for season 2 not 3. Weird.

Here's his second tweet:

[font=Arial, sans-serif]So yes I'm on [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#AshvsEvilDead[img=32x33]https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/Starz/Starz.png[/img][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]. It's season 2 now. My bad.[/font]


And here's the list of writers for season two.  Either he wrote Delusion or he's not very good at covering up his lies.  Since the show doesn't really seem to have a concentrated writing staff and it hires multiple writers from multiple places I won't be shocked if they're trying to lock down people in advance.   It'll be very interesting if Starz rejects the show and they take it to another company, but I doubt that would happen.

On the other hand, I have no idea what Starz is waiting on re an announcement; they've renewed lower-rated stuff for next season already.   Either way, if we don't get a renewal announcement over the next couple of days it looks like they're going to wait and see what the S2 premiere draws and/or are planning to bundle it with the release of the +3s, they won't announce series renewals over the weekend.
 
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDthLa_pg9E[/video]

Lot of new footages.
 
Thank you for this!!


ETA

That definitely looks like Lacey Kelly's shooting to death at 0:19
 
Collider just announced they're doing an after-show program called After Ash starting this Sunday on their youtube channel.
 
Nick el Ass said:
Chris Hardwick must have been too busy to host a new show called Talking Ash.

HAH!

Here's Bruce promoting the show on the Chive podcast.
 
Also there are spoilers for the second episode in The Onion's review of the first episode

In that Ash gets sprayed in the face with crap by a colon in The Morgue.

...It's not that important of a spoiler but it's a spoiler.
 
I'm starting to run out of body fluids to guess at this point.

I'm going to guess that it's not his own evil twin's corpse he fights in that morgue, side noting.
 
It involves getting poked in the head by certain body parts....
 
Ahhhh

So semen, then.

...John Waters already went there, guys....

I was about to start guessing specific types of bile and blood.

Back on a more serious track: it's now just about six o'clock on the west coast, and we don't have a renewal announcement.  Either they're waiting til Tuesday or they'll announce it at the end of the season or not at all.  I guess they are waiting for the premiere numbers.
 
There's still NYC Comic Con next week for the season 3 announcement. There's also Tumblr screening event next Wednesday in NYC that I will be attending.
 
I imagine they could do it in coordination with NYCC; I forget who they're sending to attend that.  

What are they screening for the Tumblr event?  The second episode or the third?  I've heard about it but they haven't released details beyond the screening and q&a announcement.


ETA: here's a new Ash for President video:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c-7ft_s9Kw[/video]
 
The Tumblr event is at Tumblr HQ in NYC. I have no idea what they're screening. Here's the info:

https://ashvsevildeadfanscreening.splashthat.com/
 
Here's the synopsis for episode 3 and 4, and they both sound very awesome and ivan raimi is writing the 4th episode. 

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Episode 2.03 - "Last Call"[/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Local teens raise hell when they steal the Delta from Brock's house. Ash and his best buddy Chet devise a plan to throw a party at the bar, lure the thieves in, and get the Delta and the Necronomicon back .[/font]

Source : http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/10/as-vs-evil-dead-episode-203-last-call.html

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Episode 2.04 - "DUI"[/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Ash goes on the hunt for his beloved Delta, but becomes the hunted. Ruby and Kelly engage in a battle royale with the evil spawn while Pablo suffers from a new Necronomicon condition.[/font]

Source : http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/10/ash-vs-evil-dead-episode-204-dui.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thespoilergirl-spoilertv+%28Spoiler+TV+Main%29

Gaahhh, ash and chet mis-adventures, ruby and kelly taking on the evil spawn, pablo being further tormented by the effects of the necronomicon. Can we skip right to these episodes already they sound like a lot of fun ! 


EDIT 

Forgot to add the sources, sorry about that !
 
Top Bottom