Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

I guess Bruce is, "Retired" from the role of Bubba Hotep as well which is the other franchise I wanted him to return to.
 
Dana is still posting up BTS stuff. Here's one with bruce giving her some pep talk.




Now that is a cool video from Dana which makes me appreciate the closeness of the cast and crew even more, and I got a kick out of watching the the stuff going by as they chatted in the car with the door wide open.



Here is more BTS stuff, this time covering Kandar.

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/3003g

I was a little sad when I saw the pictures from the finale on the Farfaraway site didn't include any shots of Kandar, but maybe they are sharing the wealth by letting the creators post some of their work. Oh, and I could have lived without this tidbit of knowledge as they captioned the last photo "A view of the painted Kandar model in ZBrush. Yes, I gave it an anus." That is the definition of too much info.
 
Last edited:
Here’s hoping for a Kandar figure in the future.

I also find it funny how much AVED related stuff is still all over social media, including their official Facebook posting still. I guess I figured it would just die off. From the looks of all these BTS postings, we should be in for a ton f special features on the blu-ray
 
Here’s hoping for a Kandar figure in the future.

I also find it funny how much AVED related stuff is still all over social media, including their official Facebook posting still. I guess I figured it would just die off. From the looks of all these BTS postings, we should be in for a ton f special features on the blu-ray


That would be nice because past seasons have been kind of bare bones when it comes to the contents on the DVD/Blu-ray releases.
 
Here's more bts videos from dana. This one is bruce just having casual chit chat with dana about the shemps beer can.



 
Final rating put them in 109th place - it rose slightly to a 0.19
 
Here's Rob Tapert talking about the future of Evil Dead. And a answer about ash returning. (it ain't good)

“We knew going into the third season that there was a chance [we’d get cancelled]… the ratings had been turning down and it’s hard to change that,” Tapert told the crowd. “Starz had been a good partner. Pretty much letting us do anything we wanted. It was probably just not the right outlet for it… but they waited until the ratings came in for the third season. We sold the rights to the first two seasons to Netflix, but they won’t let a competitor have something [that’s theirs]… which I kind of understand. It’s unfortunate.”

He continued, “We had a really great idea for where it was going to go in the future, and it was something Sam [Raimi] had been talking about: rebooting a movie. What that scenario could be. And then, Bruce wrote to Sam and I one day… ‘If they don’t [renew us], I’m retiring from Ash.’ [So we said], ‘But wait Bruce, what about a movie?!’ [He said], ‘No, I’m retiring.’ So. We’ll see.”

“Sam and myself have been talking about what a new incarnation would be.”


I guess bruce is pretty serious about this if he went immediately to sam and rob to let them know his done with the character.
 
So it sounds like Lionsgate prevented Netflix from picking up Ash VS Evil Dead season 4. That's super disappointing!
 
Starz doesn't want the show but doesn't want to sell it. Rob and Sam want to make a movie, Bruce doesn't. So basically, Starz and Bruce are shaking their heads with their ears covered.

I will reiterate, I'm as big a Bruce fan as any, but I'm an Ash and Evil Dead fan far and above. I'm not sure what he wanted to accomplish by vehemently denying any possible future, without even hearing any offers or possible ideas. Fans are still going to ask him incessantly about Ash at any possible opportunity, maybe even more so now. So far you've got Dana, Ray, and now Rob all saying they want to do more Evil Dead but Bruce is being a roadblock. I wish he had perhaps waited for the dust to clear before turning away from Ash.
 
Last edited:
Starz doesn't want the show but doesn't want to sell it. Rob and Sam want to make a movie, Bruce doesn't. So basically, Starz and Bruce are shaking their heads with their ears covered.

I will reiterate, I'm as big a Bruce fan as any, but I'm an Ash and Evil Dead fan far and above. I'm not sure what he wanted to accomplish by vehemently denying any possible future, without even hearing any offers or possible ideas. Fans are still going to ask him incessantly about Ash at any possible opportunity, maybe even more so now. So far you've got Dana, Ray, and now Rob all saying they want to do more Evil Dead but Bruce is being a roadblock. I wish he had perhaps waited for the dust to clear before turning away from Ash.

I have the same thoughts concerning Starz. You'd think they'd give someone else a chance if they don't want the series, especially as there's a good chance it'd do well on Netflix *.

As for Bruce, I suspect he's fed up after the viewing results of season 3. No it doesn't look good, but I wouldn't say his decision is forever, going on past actions.


*Hoping in the unlikely event it happens out Netflix this side of the pond pick it up. The old series aren't here yet.
 
Here's Rob Tapert talking about the future of Evil Dead. And a answer about ash returning. (it ain't good)



I guess bruce is pretty serious about this if he went immediately to sam and rob to let them know his done with the character.

While I respect his decision, I am curious what his reasons are. Is he fed up with the franchise/character? Frustrated by the industry? Exhausted? Or does he just want to spent more time at home in Oregon? Of Course that's non of my business, but I just wonder why. Specially when the rest of the cast and gang seems eager to continue the franchise in some way.
 
Consider that maybe Bruce Campbell feels that Ash Vs Evil Dead is the best incarnation of Ash and Evil Dead, that ending it where it ended is the best way to end Ash, unless they can continue ASH VS EVIL DEAD, not an Evil Dead movie that can't have the rights to the Ash Vs Evil Dead specific characters/situations.
That's how I feel.
A film continuing without Dana, Ray, Arielle, and Lucy kinda feels pointless.
If it's not a film like Serenity is to Firefly, what's the point for the character of Ash?
Where does it end and how do you leave the legacy of that character, especially after the phenomenal Season 3 ending where we see Ash's best moment in accepting his destiny by sacrificing himself for his daughter and the Ghostbeaters.
 
I think it's been widely recognized that Starz did not service international fans well. An Evil Dead movie would perform well and he knows it. Whatever his reasoning is, he seems to be the only one holding out.
 
A film continuing without Dana, Ray, Arielle, and Lucy kinda feels pointless.

I've said it before but i 100% disagree, if anything i have no much interest in a movie that continues Ash vs Evil Dead without Ash. None of the side characters did much for me. I'd much rather we get an Evil Dead 2 from Fede than an Ash vs Evil Dead continuation.
 
Top Bottom