Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

While I feel the chances are quite high the show will get canceled, I feel like I am on the edge of my seat on a daily basis waiting for confirmation one way or another if there will be a season 4 or not...

Well, one thing this franchise has going for it is some of the most rabid fans of all. Hard to say still, but Im sure Starz has heard no small amount of “bring the fucking show back”
 
The Ghostbeaters are put to the ultimate test to defeat a global demon infestation whose epicenter is Elk Grove; Ash, Pablo, Kelly and Brandy gear up for battle one last time to save the world.

See, it's less that I want Ruby gone myself, but if she has to be I want her death to be important and meaningful, and at Ash if not Kelly or Brandy's or Pablo's hands. After three seasons, any of them have earned it (well, excepting Brandy, but after everything she's been through this season she's also definitely earned it). If she gets Deus Ex Dark One'd AND it turns out she's been lying about her power levels for two seasons, I will be annoyed.
 
Last edited:
I could understand that sentiment if it was good ruby or the s1 ruby, but 80's ruby however does not deserve that kind of death at all. I feel like her being struck down by the OG dark ones that she imprisoned all those years ago would be a more fitting/ironic end for this version of ruby and it would set-up the OG dark ones quite well as quick/vigilant and kill without mercy (no negotiation or deals like the previous seasons) , plus certainly don't fuck around like ruby has, they seem to get straight to the point. I'm gonna say ruby is one those small fry cenobites that betrayed the main group and locked them away while using the cube for itself and tried to gain more power from it. That's how i feel with this situation and they've been building up to this moment all season long with the constant mentioning of them and they've made it a point to separate her from them with her original nickname "Demon woman of fire" and constantly putting the other dark ones into a league of their own and her wanting more power from the book and her own chosen one.

They've been building up to this moment since the start of s3 and i'm quite looking forward to them actually appearing and wrecking shop at this point. I'm pumped for it

Well, you guys wanted a apocalyptic evil dead scenario since the start of this show, looks like were going to finally see that shit in live action, the dark ones are not fucking around. Man now that's a summary i like to see ! Man i'm pumped for this finale.
 
I could understand that sentiment if it was good ruby or the s1 ruby, but 80's ruby however does not deserve that kind of death at all. I feel like her being struck down by the OG dark ones that she imprisoned all those years ago would be a more fitting/ironic end for this version of ruby and it would set-up the OG dark ones quite well as quick/vigilant and kill without mercy (no negotiation or deals like the previous seasons) , plus certainly don't fuck around like ruby has, they seem to get straight to the point. I'm gonna say ruby is one those small fry cenobites that betrayed the main group and locked them away while using the cube for itself and tried to gain more power from it. That's how i feel with this situation and they've been building up to this moment all season long with the constant mentioning of them and they've made it a point to separate her from them with her original nickname "Demon woman of fire" and constantly putting the other dark ones into a league of their own and her wanting more power from the book and her own chosen one.

They've been building up to this moment since the start of s3 and i'm quite looking forward to them actually appearing and wrecking shop at this point. I'm pumped for it

Well, you guys wanted a apocalyptic evil dead scenario since the start of this show, looks like were going to finally see that shit in live action, the dark ones are not fucking around. Man now that's a summary i like to see ! Man i'm pumped for this finale.
I think she's equally as powerful as the other Dark Ones since she IS one of them but I think that they're waaaaay more powerful as a collective so they'll definitely obliterate Ruby
 
Eh, agree to disagree. I think after everything this Ruby has done to the crew even in this season, having the DO's permakill her both cheapens her worth as a character and the series long bigband and diminishes everything the GB's have gone through this season. I get that they need to establish the DO's toughness in comparison to Ruby, but after everything that's happened - from Brandy's mom's death to Pablo's possession to Kelly's death to Brock's death - her not dying at anyone's hands from the main cast just feels wrong.

We can definitely see Kaya's spirit getting yanked out of Kelly's body in the trailer, as well as Kaya's soul burning in hellfire as Ruby looks on in dismay.
 
Here's a new BTS video from dana where they parody the one news blooper of the kids interrupting the interview. (I'm dead)


 
Unfortunately at least here in the US, nobody wanted to pay to see the show but gladly pirated it. Starz isn't to blame, most of the fanbase who chose to illegally download the show instead of paying the $9 is to blame. Also worth noting that Starz is much cheaper then HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. $9 a month was not asking much but people didn't want to pay and now the show is gone.

I have several friends alone who kept claiming they couldn't "afford" the Starz app and yet manage to spend hundreds of dollars on vidrogames and pop figures every month.
 
Bye bye Starz subscription.

I am super, super bummed - to the point where this will truly ruin my weekend - but, I am glad we got what we did and I'm happy that the show will end (hopefully) on a high note. I am so thankful to the cast & crew for giving us an awesome 3 seasons. AvED is the reason why I am so into ED now.
 
Yup I will admit I am teary eyed but the Evil Dead frsnchise means more to me then jst about anything else on tv.

People watch absolute trash on tv so all the CSI and dumb comedies are getting millions and millions in ratings and a unique show like Ash couldn't even get 1/5 of a single million. People suck!
 
All good things must come to a end, it was a helluva ride for me personally to get to see my childhood hero back in full force with his own rag tag group to help him out and to see him finally grow as a character in this final season and i've loved the ghostbeaters to death, including brandy. they've made their mark on the franchise for me personally. I'm never gonna forget the ride we've had since the start. And i'm very much looking forward to see the conclusion now more then ever, gonna enjoy every single minute until we get to say goodbye.

tenor.gif


Rest easy ashley joanna williams, you've earned it.
 
Last edited:
I am sorry for all the folks who worked on the show and have to look for new jobs now. And I surely will miss disscusing the show with all of you ... <3

Well hey, all of the practical effects people and everyone else who worked on this show now has this on their record now. Everyone did a fucking fantastic job who worked on this and bringing the deadites/creatures to life.
 
Unfortunately at least here in the US, nobody wanted to pay to see the show but gladly pirated it. Starz isn't to blame, most of the fanbase who chose to illegally download the show instead of paying the $9 is to blame. Also worth noting that Starz is much cheaper then HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc. $9 a month was not asking much but people didn't want to pay and now the show is gone.

I have several friends alone who kept claiming they couldn't "afford" the Starz app and yet manage to spend hundreds of dollars on vidrogames and pop figures every month.

I've got news for you. A big chunk of the fanbase resides outside the US, and the cost to watch the show legally for those fans is much more than $9/month. Starz is very, very much to blame for failing to make the show accessible for those who don't subscribe to cable tv, which is probably a large portion of this show's demographic.
 
You can’t blame the low viewership when starz shit on this show in every way. They made it hard for people to watch outside the US, changing the premiere to February, bad advertisement, etc. Then to string everyone along all season to try and get more people to subscribe and milk it, knowing full well it was being cancelled, yeah fuck you Starz. It was a hell of a ride, Ash. I guess this is the last goodbye
 
Man i'm super bummed out, this is probably going to be last time we ever see ash on any screen again here in about a week. Man i can't believe i'm gonna have to say goodbye to my childhood hero plus also saying goodbye to the ghostbeaters i've come to love over these past 3 seasons, this sucks.

5382bdce191cb483718bbc33_don_sad_slow.gif
 
Last edited:
I dont recall seeing a single advertisement for this show in the whole of the UK in three years. I know people who own Virgin Media (the UK cable provider that bought this) and don't even know they have access to it as an exclusive.
 
I don't know if this will be used for the series finale credits. But what the hell i'm posting it anyway, perfect send off song for ash.

 
Top Bottom