Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Seems much more legit than the rottentomatoes link. Maybe it's doing THAT well on Netflix? If that's the case, even with low ratings, they must see it as an investment. It isn't gathering them many viewers at all now but in the future it will. I guess that's kind of been Evil Dead in a nutshell? I will remain cautiously optimistic for now, but this is better news than seeing an article of it being cancelled.

Maybe at any rate this website is hedging their bets and credibility on the belief that season 4 is going to be a thing. It's at least something!

Still waiting for episode 6 ratings to come in. If anyone else finds them, please post them. :)
 
Apparently the ratings were bad enough that they didn't make the top 150 listing this episode at all. At all. Which is very yikes. I'm still waiting for actual numbers to be findable but it's possible they're too low to BE released.

I absolutely can't verify that article. Predictably, 1428 Elm has made a clickbait article out of the article linked above, and apparently they can't verify it either. I can't find the website when running a cursory search for ratings or renew/cancel news online, and It's never been my source for decent renewal/cancel news (I use TVBytheNumbers/Showbuzzdaily, since they're verifiable and reliable, for ratings; also TVGuide and Zap2IT for scheduling and episode information and Deadline for all news). Since I can't even get that website to pop up when googling (seriously, the only hit I can get on them is Elm's article on the situation when I google AvED flat out or when i google "Ash vs Evil Dead renewed/renewal) and no other site online is reporting it (and you know Bruce would be trumpeting it from the heavens if it were true) I'm staying skeptical. If it were Deadline, which actually HAS verifiable insider information 90 percent of the time and fact-checks their stuff, then I'd believe it. I of course leave the door open to it being renewed off of Netflix numbers; that's why CW renewed Dynasty even though it hit a 0.01 in broadcast ratings just this week.
 
Last edited:
HA! What a load of bull! There's no way that there's any credibility to that article whatsoever. If we get another season then I'll be flabbergasted.
 
Turns out the reason why the ratings weren't released was because of a clerical error that marked AvED as a repeat; it was down 0.03, coming in at 0.07 and 196k viewers, probably somewhere in the mid-130s-140s in the ratings. They're up 17k in total viewers which is attributable to the Easter/Passover/April Fool's Day holiday.

(Please ignore buzz that 17k viewers is somehow going to save the show, that's basically shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic numbers. It's likely those viewers will halve next week but it's also possible it represents a mild uptick. It's regularly lost and gained that many viewers throughout the course of a season depending on the episode).
 
Turns out the reason why the ratings weren't released was because of a clerical error that marked AvED as a repeat; it was down 0.03, coming in at 0.07 and 196k viewers, probably somewhere in the mid-130s-140s in the ratings. They're up 17k in total viewers which is attributable to the Easter/Passover/April Fool's Day holiday.

(Please ignore buzz that 17k viewers is somehow going to save the show, that's basically shuffling the deckchairs on the Titanic numbers. It's likely those viewers will halve next week but it's also possible it represents a mild uptick. It's regularly lost and gained that many viewers throughout the course of a season depending on the episode).

I see any increase as good news. Even if the number is small. It may not be enough to save the show but I'll take it.
 
@Kevin oh definitely, it's better than losing viewers!
 
Welcome to the group @enya ! And indeed, we are!
 
Ash and Pablo realize the rift in the cellar is the key to saving humanity and devise a plan to save the ones they love.
 
Ash and Pablo realize the rift in the cellar is the key to saving humanity and devise a plan to save the ones they love.

Don't read that description for anyone wanting to go in fresh and if you don't wanna get majorly spoiled for episode 8, dead serious. It will ruin episode 7 for you if you do.
 
Added some extra emphasis into the cutline!
 
ETA: for anyone who's been avoiding spoilers for the episode and also happens to have a Tumblr; avoid the official AvEd one, it spoiled the holy hell out of episode 7 without tagging it. At noon the day the episode is supposed to air. Again.

It's also in all the major tags :p

ETA there are also a bunch on Bruce's Twitter.
 
Last edited:
Yep, Showbuzz daily is reporting 136k and a 0.06. It came in at 142nd place on Sunday. That's the lowest rating for the show yet.
 
I’m not entirely sure how ratings work, so I usually watch the show Saturday night through Amazon. Is that being counted?
 
I’m not entirely sure how ratings work, so I usually watch the show Saturday night through Amazon. Is that being counted?

It definitely counts, but gets looped in in a different way like Netflix, Ap and +5 views. Starz seems to definitely prefer live viewership over anything else, though.
 
Pablo's role as Brujo Especiale has him straddle the worlds of good and evil to keep the rift open for Ash to save Brandy and Kelly, but they run into a snag; Ruby and Kaya face off with the Dark One.
 
It definitely counts, but gets looped in in a different way like Netflix, Ap and +5 views. Starz seems to definitely prefer live viewership over anything else, though.

For what it’s worth I have emailed starz from every one of my accounts telling them I only subscribe for AVED
 
For what it’s worth I have emailed starz from every one of my accounts telling them I only subscribe for AVED

I think that anything that's legal viewing counts toward viewership points, from buying eps individually to watching on the ap, so you're good!
 
Top Bottom