[CLOSED] Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Starz doesn't really have that many big shows. Like there is Spartacus, the most successful Starz original series ever, and then there are the others like Da'Vinci Demons, Outlander, Black Sails... I think Ash vs Evil Dead will land somewhere in the middle. It will be more successful than the other shows, but it will never ever ever be as popular as Spartacus. Because AvED maybe has the "blood and mayhem" and that it doesn't take itself too seriously, which is definitely going for it, but at the same time, it doesn't have that extra layer of "intrigue and fucking" that Spartacus had and that Game of Thrones has, which is what everybody looses their shit about these days.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

My favorite Canadian buddy Jacques attended the premeire last night:
bL9iGYF.jpg
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

By the way. I read in some interview that the first episode is 40 minutes long, which means it's 10 minutes longer than other episodes in season one. Can someone who has seen the episode confirm? Though I doubt anyone was checking their watch while it was screening. :)
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

MaidOfKandar said:
Is anyone else having problems with Periscope repeatedly stutter-stopping or needing to be refreshed again and again?  I'm having a problem with it functioning properly, and so are half the people following me on Twitter.

The problem with Periscope is that it is buggy as hell.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Nick el Ass said:
MaidOfKandar said:
Is anyone else having problems with Periscope repeatedly stutter-stopping or needing to be refreshed again and again?  I'm having a problem with it functioning properly, and so are half the people following me on Twitter.

The problem with Periscope is that it is buggy as hell.

Man, I thought I was alone there for awhile, until people started chiming in about it  - I know more than one people who gave up on watching the stream because of that  - I chewed out the official AvEd Twitter a tiny bit because it's really annoying.  I couldn't screencap worth a damn from it.  I know people who gave up way, way before the Iggy concert started.  

Anyone want to make bets on how high the ratings will go?  I'm claiming a 5.6 with something like 12/13 mil watching; eventual deceleration to the 3/2 range by episode 5.

ETA: Hurley, I can confirm the pilot will run 40 minutes according to my tivo setting.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Sounds like they should have Youtube live streamed it.

I still don't get why they couldn't make each episode 40-45 minutes. That's how long 1 hour shows run without commercials. Oh well.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Kain said:
My favorite Canadian buddy Jacques attended the premeire last night:
bL9iGYF.jpg

Is that 'The Soth' ?
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Kain said:
Sounds like they should have Youtube live streamed it.

I still don't get why they couldn't make each episode 40-45 minutes. That's how long 1 hour shows run without commercials. Oh well.

Livestream or Twitch would've been better ideas, too.

I'm hoping Sam and Bruce have a structured plan for that.  By the time we get to the third episode and new directors will be introduced it might feel like we're getting too little info.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Nick el Ass said:
Speaking of swag the Ash 4 President stimulus packages/swag has finally arrived, and I managed to snag a couple of them. I need some new batteries for my camera... and once I get them I will take a few pics of the merchandise inside.

Kain said:
My favorite Canadian buddy Jacques attended the premeire last night:
bL9iGYF.jpg

Awww Kain I'm not your favorite? You hurt my feelings man.  :P
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Fine, you, my friend Jacques, and Morsoth.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Kain said:
Sounds like they should have Youtube live streamed it.

I still don't get why they couldn't make each episode 40-45 minutes. That's how long 1 hour shows run without commercials. Oh well.

Youtube is more stable, but people are looking for new places to post/steam videos... and people who upload videos are abandoning tubes all together because they are going commercial free. So the money will soon be gone in that aspect.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

With the premiere coming tomorrow I'm locking this thread and opened a general non-spoilers thread here:

http://www.deadites.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=368
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom