Evil Dead Burn | Official Thread

2013 wasn't a remake. I mean it was, but it wasn't, like how Force Awakens was really just New Hope again. Doesn't that make it a reboot?

Does a reboot require returning characters?

What does anything even mean!?!?

It was very much a remake... Intended, announced and marketed as such, and completely based on the original's screenplay without ever straying too far from the bounds of the original concept, imo. I mean, it's just as much a remake as Carpenter's The Thing and Cronenberg's The Fly, and I doubt anyone here would argue those aren't remakes. Actually, if we stretch that definition, even RISE could also be considered a remake of the first film – and I've actually said so around here in the past.

As far as I know, reboot just means a fresh start for the franchise unburdened by all that came before and making an active effort to avoid that baggage, so I don't think it would be necessarily dependent on returning characters. The only thing dependent on returning characters by my definition would be good ol' regular sequels. The only reason I say Rise is probably more of a reboot than a remake is that it really seems to be making a conscious effort to leave the original's trappings behind, even if it still relies a bit too much on its narrative beats for my tastes.

But yeah, ultimately, all of those terms are nothing but marketing gobbledygook nowadays... I long for the day we just called everything after the first movie a "sequel" and that was that, no matter if continued the story from previous films or just restarted the whole thing over from scratch... Like Halloween III still being considered a sequel to the first two movies even though it had absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with them. Happier, more innocent times back then.
 
Last edited:
Regardless of views on Burn, I couldn't imagine deciding to badger an aging man with cancer about my opinion.
Lord this

Me, as Bruce apologizes for Burn doing mediocre numbers after I suffered through two rancid seasons of AvED and ED2013:
 
Nice, reminded me of this. :D

Also how the hell do you watch that movie and think it's a love story??

This is what amazed me about that comment IT'S A STORY ABOUT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. If it has anything in common with any other horror movie out there, it's the first Ready or Not Film.
 
This is what amazed me about that comment IT'S A STORY ABOUT DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. If it has anything in common with any other horror movie out there, it's the first Ready or Not Film.

I thought the ending was a bit too close to the ending of Ready or Not. Lighting up a cigarette, everything burning in the background, just had a massive and bloody blowout with the in-laws, being tended to by paramedics. But yeah, there are a lot of similarities
 
I thought the ending was a bit too close to the ending of Ready or Not. Lighting up a cigarette, everything burning in the background, just had a massive and bloody blowout with the in-laws, being tended to by paramedics. But yeah, there are a lot of similarities
At the end when the paramedic asks her what happened, I was ready for her to say "In-laws", exactly like at the end of Ready or Not.
 
Burn was trending on Xitter yesterday, with most of the discussion on THAT transition scene. Reactions have been... mixed.

The real highlight was the artist responsible for the song playing during the scene (Joey Valence) said "They told me our song was gonna be in this movie and THAT is the last thing I could have expected (and the best thing)"
 
I hate people who talk during a film in a cinema. I even remember asking an usher to shut up some noisy punks while me and a mate were trying to watch an Evil Dead 1 & 2 showing in Tamworth in about 1990.

I've still got this old photograph from that night. I'm actually in this photo standing beneath the sign but my mate forgot to use the flash function. I was 17 in 1990 and Army Of Darkness hadn't been made yet.

View attachment 587
What About Bob... absolute Classic!
 
Halloween Horror Nights has added two more bits of exclusive EVIL DEAD BURN merch: a new t-shirt which gives off major "shirtless shirt" vibes and a chainsaw shaped bag... which is really weird considering nobody uses a chainsaw in the movie...
View attachment 588View attachment 589
I guess people don't know what kunda means in Czech. LMAO.
 
Halloween Horror Nights has added two more bits of exclusive EVIL DEAD BURN merch: a new t-shirt which gives off major "shirtless shirt" vibes and a chainsaw shaped bag... which is really weird considering nobody uses a chainsaw in the movie...
View attachment 588View attachment 589
Cool T Shirt.

Here's an Evil Dead Burn glowstick and a napkin promo items. Both pretty cheap items to manufacture so they can't have had a big publicity budget.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Concept art for Deadite Will and concept poster designs by Adam J Middleton:



Looks like a terminator.
What a odd, strange and unnecessary movie Evil Dead Burn was. Feels like when Dimension was pumping out Hellraiser movies just to keep hold of the rights .
 
Clearly alot of thought and preparation went into Making Evil Dead Burn , so why does it not feel that way?
It feels rushed and seriously convoluted to the point that I felt myself almost day dreaming at the screen.
It felt like a Video Game that hasn't been Play tested for bugs and glitches. If Sam and Scott were happy with what the saw before release then maybe they just don't have the same passion for Evil Dead as they used to . Maybe they just Don't Get It anymore. The franchise just feels like a "milking the Cow" situation. But if they carry on making this Slop , pretty soon they will losing the support of the loyal fan base.
Im not bitter or mad, just becoming concerned as The Evil Dead (up till 2023) was absolutely amazing and now it is beginning to slide into the same Septic tank as Alien, The Terminator and Star Wars.
I was prompted to write this because I dodged another chance to watch Evil Dead Burn the other day, and it was the last night before it was pulled from showings. So it feels as though this movie just came and went and left No lasting impression not even to the casual horror fans.
Evil Dead Burn was never going to be a " Classic" , but I wasn't expecting an Evil Dead movie to be universally Panned and disregarded so badly as it was.
Maybe we wouldn't of gotten Burn if the people and fans would of spoken up after watching Evil Dead Rise. That movie deserved to be ridiculed instead everyone get excited over a Cheese Grater ...

My hope is that Wrath gets delayed or even Shelved because I'm not sure I can do this anymore.

Im even considering cancelling my movie pass.
 
Concept art for Deadite Will and concept poster designs by Adam J Middleton:




Still too Vecna; too bad! (I will be catching up on the thread later)
 
delayed or even Shelved because I'm not sure I can do this anymore.

Im even considering cancelling my movie pass.
ohnoes.jpg
 
Top Bottom