[Official Thread] Evil Dead Rise

Why don't the Deadites take on their human form like in the other movies? The scene of the little girl who opens the door to her mother, and the mother who doesn't' returned to human form to convince her daughter makes the scene ridiculous and not believable.

That's an interesting question TBH. Would've made Kassie's reaction more believable.
 
OK, there's been a BIG brouhaha about how the US version of Rise has no extras; if you wanna buy one copy without double-dipping, it looks like Lee's commentary is on the Studio Canal version, on the region-free 4K. As always, expect double or triple dippage, it's Evil Dead, multiple releases will be a given.
 


Confirmation that all of the releases are bare-bones except the Studio Canal, so go for that if you want Lee's commentary!
 
A pain in the ass since Elmo made it so you have to log into the blue bird to read such threads, and since it is a longer thread you have to worry about hitting your limit... but Lee sharing bts stuff is appreciated.
 
Relatable, and it is! There've been a lot of fun factoids coming out of that one.
 
Evil Dead Rise won big at the 2024 Fangoria Chainsaw Awards!
* Best Supporting Performance: Alyssa Sutherland – Evil Dead Rise
* Best Creature FX: Evil Dead Rise – Adam Johansen and Damian Martin, Odd Studio
* Best Make-Up FX: Evil Dead Rise – Luke Polti
* Best Director: Lee Cronin – Evil Dead Rise

EDR was also in the "Best Score", "Best Lead Performance" (Lily Sullivan), and "Best Wide Release Movie" categories, but unfortunately lost. Winning four out of seven isn't bad, though!
 
AS deserves to rake in the horror awards she's gotten.
 
Evil Dead Rise (Walmart Exclusive) (Steelbook) (4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + Digital Copy) coming 2/18/2025:

Evil-Dead-Rise-Walmart-Exclusive-Steelbook-4K-Ultra-HD-Blu-ray-Digital-Copy-Horror-Warner-Bros_78983648-e452-4390-98d0-917777fe5004.5adc66d6f6970664e2b8e8d388787fc8.jpeg


https://www.walmart.com/ip/Evil-Dea...y-Digital-Copy-Horror-Warner-Bros/13624324117
 
I still need to get this in a practical format; considering!
 
Picked up the Wal-Mart steelbook last month because I just stumbled across it. I would not have bought it if not for it actually having a few special features. I watched it today for the first time since seeing it in theaters. I still really liked it. The opening scene and especially the title card still absolutely kill. I like the call back to the first Evil Dead with the deadite girl self mutilating. That sort of possessed behavior didn't stick around past ED1, but Fede's movie and this one brought it back. I feel bad for Beth as she really did nothing to deserve what happened to her, just showed up in the wrong place at the wrong time. There was also surprisingly more "funny" stuff in this one than I remember, from some of the deadite banter, the peephole/hallway scene, etc. I wonder how it would feel with different sound effects and a different score? The "ghost" scene is by far my favorite, love those floating deadites. Overall, a very serviceable entry into the series and glad I bought it. Looking forward to watching again with the commentary track.
 
I rewatched it the other day and yep, still holds up for me.
 
Top Bottom