[Official Thread] The Evil Dead Remake - Mark your spoilers!

I just got back from a second viewing of the movie. Promptly ordered all of the original movie posters and the new one... Much like Ash in Army of Darkness I suddenly found myself saying "Dear god, it's growing bigger" when thinking about my collection.
 
Names_Ash_Housewares link said:
I guess eVil Deadites avatar is a spoiler......
Why, what ever do you mean? That's just an arbitrary photo of Bruce, is it not?  :wink
 
Btw, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Lily Collins for dropping out of the movie.

Jane Levy's performance was outstanding (to me) and I don't know if could have been improved upon or surpassed by Collins. I cannot imagine the dark & sinister places Levy's mind had to go to in order to achieve such convincing portrayals of pure terror, and then completely unrestrained sadistic glee.

Bravo.
 
Finally a UK released date is locked down then? .... I've found all sorts of links offering different dates?.
 
So does anyone know why the following iconic scenes that were in the trailers were cut from the actual film?

The cellar scene where Evil Mia says, "We're gonna get you . We're gonna get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep."

The scene where David is using the chainsaw with blood splattering all over his face.
 
Swofty link said:
Finally a UK released date is locked down then? .... I've found all sorts of links offering different dates?.

Thats the date my local cinema is showing as the release date swofty, first showing 1:45pm.
 
Kain link said:
So does anyone know why the following iconic scenes that were in the trailers were cut from the actual film?

The cellar scene where Evil Mia says, "We're gonna get you . We're gonna get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep."

The scene where David is using the chainsaw with blood splattering all over his face.
My guess is the DVD will have all of those deleted and extended scenes (hopefully).  The director was at first saying that they had to take out some things to get the R rating, but now he's saying that everything is in the released version. ** last bit edited out**
(sorry nerdario but you just gave away a spolier in your main text  :wink)
 
Kain link said:
So does anyone know why the following iconic scenes that were in the trailers were cut from the actual film?

The cellar scene where Evil Mia says, "We're gonna get you . We're gonna get you. Not another peep. Time to go to sleep."

The scene where David is using the chainsaw with blood splattering all over his face.


I hope it was just for time and/or pacing issues. Plus they need some extras for the dvd when it comes out, but I have yet to heard anything about why either scene was missing.
 
I'm actually glad they cut those scenes. Having seen the movie now it strikes me that they would have felt a little out of place.

Mia already sings one song while she's in the cellar, to David. It would've seemed odd for her to sing again. I’m sure they just recorded it to try and fit in more nods to the original and in the end it just didn’t fit. But I’m happy it was at least put to good use in the trailers.

I imagined the David w/ chainsaw scene was probably him dismembering Natalie in the workshed in an attempt to save her soul. While restrained, she probably turns human, pleads with with to release her, then he carries on sawing her up. A scene like that might have worked well, had they spent time developing the Natalie character, as well as the relationship between her and David. Otherwise the scene would’ve had very little impact.

It was kind of a shame that they did so well with casting and developing Mia, but David kind of fell flat. In the end, I really didn’t care what happened to him one way of the other.
 
eViL DeAdiTe link said:
I'm actually glad they cut those scenes. Having seen the movie now it strikes me that they would have felt a little out of place.

Mia already sings one song while she's in the cellar, to David. It would've seemed odd for her to sing again. I’m sure they just recorded it to try and fit in more nods to the original and in the end it just didn’t fit. But I’m happy it was at least put to good use in the trailers.

I imagined the David w/ chainsaw scene was probably him dismembering Natalie in the workshed in an attempt to save her soul. While restrained, she probably turns human, pleads with with to release her, then he carries on sawing her up. A scene like that might have worked well, had they spent time developing the Natalie character, as well as the relationship between her and David. Otherwise the scene would’ve had very little impact.

It was kind of a shame that they did so well with casting and developing Mia, but David kind of fell flat. In the end, I really didn’t care what happened to him one way of the other.


That is the thing... I'm sure there is more to the the scene with Mia singing, and it might not have worked well with what was already there. Fede mentioned in an interview having to tighten things up a bit for one reason, or another. So it might be a casualty of that. Thinking about the scene with David it probably wasn't used to keep the focus more on Mia as it should be.
 
Nick el Ass link said:
[quote author=eViL DeAdiTe link=topic=835.msg7089#msg7089 date=1365534893]
I'm actually glad they cut those scenes. Having seen the movie now it strikes me that they would have felt a little out of place.

Mia already sings one song while she's in the cellar, to David. It would've seemed odd for her to sing again. I’m sure they just recorded it to try and fit in more nods to the original and in the end it just didn’t fit. But I’m happy it was at least put to good use in the trailers.

I imagined the David w/ chainsaw scene was probably him dismembering Natalie in the workshed in an attempt to save her soul. While restrained, she probably turns human, pleads with with to release her, then he carries on sawing her up. A scene like that might have worked well, had they spent time developing the Natalie character, as well as the relationship between her and David. Otherwise the scene would’ve had very little impact.

It was kind of a shame that they did so well with casting and developing Mia, but David kind of fell flat. In the end, I really didn’t care what happened to him one way of the other.


That is the thing... I'm sure there is more to the the scene with Mia singing, and it might not have worked well with what was already there. Fede mentioned in an interview having to tighten things up a bit for one reason, or another. So it might be a casualty of that. Thinking about the scene with David it probably wasn't used to keep the focus more on Mia as it should be.
[/quote]

I honestly don't see a reason for them having cut that scene out. If you watch the BTS footage they did a bunch of different takes of Mia in the cellar but cut them all out for whatever reason
 
Top Bottom