RetroRealms: Ash vs Evil Dead

The Steam page for RetroRealms is up. The AvED page also has a trailer with new gameplay clips.
Someone on Reddit pointed out that the 3D model museum is reusing Ash's chainsaw model from Evil Dead: The Game.
BHfyv2a.jpeg
 
New interview with Tim Hesse. Nothing really new except for 1) DLC for both games can be "small or large" (assuming that means more levels or just additional characters), and 2) the success of Halloween/AvED will determine how quickly the next batch of games in the series come out.

IGN also posted a video review, and sounds like they had a good time with it.
 
No earth-shattering revelations, mainly gameplay mechanics and development talk. The big take-aways are:
1) An Ash vs Evil Dead version of the Collector's Edition didn't happen because of timing. They are very much aware of the demand for one, and are looking into it. If they do go through with it, they want to include something special (additional in-game content) as to not just trick people into buying the same game again and not have anything new to show for it.
2) Future IPs will be based on the original versions, not reboots.
3) While nothing is confirmed, Tim brings up Pablo quite a bit and mentions the post-apocalyptic "Season 4" idea...
 
New interview with Tim Hesse. Nothing really new except for 1) DLC for both games can be "small or large" (assuming that means more levels or just additional characters), and 2) the success of Halloween/AvED will determine how quickly the next batch of games in the series come out.

Boss Team Games mentioning "the next batch of games" is worrying in that we have learned from the debacle of abandonment mostly involving Saber Interactive that you can never trust a company who has an EP/spokesperson named Tim. I'm talking about you Tim Willits.
 
They should just focus on single-player games. GAAS games ruins game studios. Look what happened with Rocksteady and Bungie.
 
They should just focus on single-player games. GAAS games ruins game studios. Look what happened with Rocksteady and Bungie.

Yeah, I like playing with friends and randoms at times... but have about had it with companies making asym games set in the horror genre. There has been a lot of solid content creators in recent months who have had their energy zapped by them after repeated failures too.
 
Last edited:
OFFICIAL UPDATE FROM THE RETROREALMS REDDIT ACCOUNT:
  • RetroRealms digital copies will be available to purchase and play as scheduled on October 18th for PlayStation 5, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, Nintendo Switch, and Steam digital stores.
  • The Collector's Edition from Boss Team Games will ship on time by October 18th.
  • RetroRealms Double Feature physical copies will be in retail stores on October 25th and pre-orders for this version should be shipped by that date.
  • RetroRealms Halloween Special Edition will be in retail stores on October 30th and pre-orders for this version should be shipped by that date.

People were discussing various stores listing the new release date, but there was no official announcement until now.
 
The game is officially out. Anyone play yet?
I'm waiting on the physical double pack. It won't ship until the 24th and is expected to be delivered by November 1st :(
 
Last edited:
Full playthrough if anyone is interested. Spoilers obviously. Watch at your own risk:

Nice to see that there's some sort of continuity when the characters crossover (seeing as how Ash acknowledges having battled the Overlord before in his own game) so it's not just a "back to square one" situation where they've got to meet everybody again.
 
I just played the first two levels and I've enjoyed it so far. I have neuropathy in my hands and cant play these types of games as good as I used to and the second level already gave me a challenge, lol.
 
I just played the first two levels and I've enjoyed it so far. I have neuropathy in my hands and cant play these types of games as good as I used to and the second level already gave me a challenge, lol.
So this is also physio for your hands hopefully?. I can't wait to play it. After Wonder Boy, Robocop, Slaughter House, not Sonic The Hedgehog because Tails was annoying but more side scrollers, this is totally my thing.
 
I just played the first two levels and I've enjoyed it so far. I have neuropathy in my hands and cant play these types of games as good as I used to and the second level already gave me a challenge, lol.

My reason for hesitating on picking up a copy is there are only 5 levels, and the dlc for Kelly is $4.99 on top of the $24.99 price tag... but reviews are positive for it and a return to non multiplayer games is welcome.
 
My reason for hesitating on picking up a copy is there are only 5 levels, and the dlc for Kelly is $4.99 on top of the $24.99 price tag... but reviews are positive for it and a return to non multiplayer games is welcome.
Yeah, the lack of levels is a bit upsetting to me (although I must admit I haven't played it... still waiting on my physical double feature edition...) for that price tag. On the one hand, I can understand Halloween being short like that since they can only pull from the first movie, but AvED has three seasons and thirty episodes to pull from... and a good chunk of characters aren't even represented! With any kind of luck, they're saving the likes of Pablo, Baal, and Good Ruby for DLC, but the main game with so much material to pull from should be a bit more heftier for that kind of money.
 
I was planning on buying the physical game from Amazon, until they delayed it by a whole week while still releasing the digital version. Part of the fun of playing an expensive brand new released game is playing it as it releases, not having to wait two weeks (Amazon doesn't ship until after the release date) while everyone's already spoiled and dissected it. The price tag is way too much for that kind of game, and combine that with not being able to play it alongside its release... I'll just wait until the Ultimate Edition with all the DLC is dirt cheap. The overpaying for a 'new game' is ruined already.
 
Top Bottom