Ash vs Evil Dead General Discussion Thread [NO SPOILERS]

They got s1 of ash vs evil dead up digitally on youtube now, it also includes the season 2 teaser and a digital bonus

https://www.youtube.com/channel/SWy4N16iWAXio
 
LOL. They want me to pay $18.99 to watch the Season 2 teaser.
 
Kain said:
LOL. They want me to pay $18.99 to watch the Season 2 teaser.

actually that's for the season pass for s1 i think,

yeah right here it shows the price for the whole season, that is a ridiculous price though for just the season pass in general :-/   

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=ELLjyzWzIXlR_6TfEyHAt7Hg


Apparently AvED s1 was put up on all other digital platforms this morning, Google Play, itunes ETC 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/tv-season/ash-vs.-evil-dead-season-1/id1064995285?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

https://play.google.com/store/tv/show/Ash_vs_Evil_Dead?id=y4N16iWAXio&hl=en
 
For those comparison shopping: iTunes has it at $2.99 an episode (Whole season for $25.99), Google Play /Youtube has it at $1.99 an episode (Full season $18.99). That's exactly as much as a practical copy would cost, with extras that basically aired with the episode aside from the season 2 preview and some short docs.
 
I'm gonna wait for the dvd/Blu-Ray.

Nice for those without Starz or Virgin Media access though and never saw it the first time. But then again, I.have the feeling the disc isn't far around the corner.
 
They made a huge mistake not releasing this while the series was running. They should rake in some cash from this but not nearly as much as they would have if this had come out in October.
 
[img=400x300]https://40.media.tumblr.com/b0eaf4805b31feb00e944523ed9db32d/tumblr_o2eotmqAwi1u3ev8zo1_540.png[/img]

"[font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Calling all fans with an active libido who love love,[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]We’re giving you the best Valentine’s Day gift you’ll ever receive, love advice from us. That’s right, on Friday, submit your questions to the Ash vs Evil Dead Tumblr via the Ask button or just post your question and tag it with [font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]#Just The Tip with Ash[/font]. Like a stud in a hen house we’ll pick our favorites, so make them good.[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]See you then, screwheads. And remember, if you’re scheduled to be an alone wolf on V-day you can’t afford to miss this."[/font]


[font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]
giphy.gif
[/font]


[font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I need to know what kinda crack this tumblr handler's been smoking cause this just  took the cake in just how bad this guy/girl is at his or her's job and should just be replaced at this point (i'm surprised he or she didn't get fired for posting spoiler gifs  right before the episode even aired !). At least with the twitter and facebook accounts they actually interact and have fun with the fans, and can be quite entertaining at times with there responses and posts,  that is what a handler is supposed to do. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]This however is just downright disgusting and just paints a bad image of the evil dead franchise and this show in general. [/font]

[font='Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]*END RANT*[/font]
 
x-posting since this is non-spoiler news, for people who aren't tracking the spoiler-heavy thread:

tumblr_o2ib9icY4t1qae9eko2_500.jpg
 
*cough* ..... contemporary sexually inappropriate "moist" shit poster things aside for a second (and yes, that poster is pretty lame) ... Lee Majors is involved in the next series .. Lee Majors !! ... how insane can we go with this? ... talk about pulling a rabbit out of a bag, I wonder who's choice it was to get him involved?, I reckon it was Bruce's .. he's always liked Charlton Heston so "The Unknown Stuntman" that was Lee Majors makes sense .. I can't wait to see Lee again ! ... he was a big chunk of my childhood ! ... I'm going to bed now to calm down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4LX8PPMuOY
 
We're talking about that over in the spoiler thread, Swofty :)
 
Annd Bruce deleted both posts announcing AvED's debut date. Why, I have no clue. Perhaps he jumped the gun?
 
All hail to the king 

(off topic i know, but thought it was worth posting for any bubba ho tep fans on here  :) )
[img=400x300]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CbptTYwUAAADGfQ.jpg[/img]

Source : https://twitter.com/GroovyBruce/status/700992931373543429/photo/1
 
With the tweet before that, and the pic I think Bruce is either having fun with the fans... or they could have finally decided to do something with Bubba 2. That would be pretty sweet, and maybe we could hear something before the shooting for AvED season 2 commences.
 
Joem1k said:
All hail to the king 


With the tweet before that, and the pic I think Bruce is either having fun with the fans... or they could have finally decided to do something with Bubba 2. That would be pretty sweet, and maybe we could hear something before the shooting for AvED season 2 commences.
 
Nick el Ass said:
Joem1k said:
All hail to the king 


With the tweet before that, and the pic I think Bruce is either having fun with the fans... or they could have finally decided to do something with Bubba 2. That would be pretty sweet, and maybe we could hear something before the shooting for AvED season 2 commences.

Bubba Nosferatu has been on the back burner for awhile (indefinitely according to Bruce) because they can't agree on a script; I'm not sure if they finally settled on it or what, but Bruce announced he booked a movie to film after AvED wraps in the summer.
 
So Bruce is still interested in doing that? I read some while back that since be disliked the script, they were parting ways, meaning they'd use another actor if it ever got made.

On other hand I did recently hear Bruce say on panel that they're "waiting for the right script".
I really liked Bubba Ho Tep so it would be interesting if it got made.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bruce just intended the above tweet to be taken at face value though.
 
He's been off and on about it a lot; the first script they gave him was apparently terrible. Then Joe Lansdale got re-involved with the project and things were looking up. The status is confused at the moment.

That's pretty much my assumption RE the Tweet too.
 
Ah, okay. I'd been under the assumption Lansdale had been involved from the beginning, and thought that was the script Bruce disliked. Your version is much more believable and enheartening.

Sorry about the dreadful typeos in my previous post, by the way. I just noticed when I reread it! I did that on my phone.

I have reeditted and corrected the mistakes. It's more readable now. ;-)
 
The thing about Bubba Nosferatu is that not only was the script bad (reportedly), but I get the feeling that Bruce has some reservations about going on without Ossie Davis who made Bubba Ho-Tep what it was perhaps more than Bruce. Maybe if Ossie had not passed in 2005 something could have been done sooner, but you never know.


/Back on topic.
//I can't wait for some more AvED news.
 
Mardeadite said:
Ah, okay. I'd been under the assumption Lansdale had been involved from the beginning, and thought that was the script Bruce disliked. Your version is much more believable and enheartening.

Sorry about the dreadful typeos in my previous post, by the way. I just noticed when I reread it! I did that on my phone.

I have reeditted and corrected the mistakes. It's more readable now. ;-)

It's no problem!  The status of the movie is incredibly confusing, because Bruce likes to talk things up when they're going well and down when they're not (see: the yes-no-back-forth we got until we got AvED).

Nick el Ass said:
The thing about Bubba Nosferatu is that not only was the script bad (reportedly), but I get the feeling that Bruce has some reservations about going on without Ossie Davis who made Bubba Ho-Tep what it was perhaps more than Bruce. Maybe if Ossie had not passed in 2005 something could have been done sooner, but you never know.


/Back on topic.
//I can't wait for some more AvED news.

I wouldn't be surprised - Ossie was amazing as JFK, the two of them played beautifully off of one another.

Annd we're still in a holding pattern waiting for DVD news.
 
Top Bottom