Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!]

I wish Ivan was writing more episodes.

Joem1k, where did you find episodes 3 and 4 synopses?
 
Here's a another interview with Lucy, rob and Bruce and lucy accidentally slips out a slight spoiler for a future episode and i gotta say i'm quite pleased with what i've heard. 


[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Lawless:[/font][font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] I get to avenge a personal slight, a personal problem I had with the original series. I don't know -- Rob probably knows. When I was 16, my first boyfriend's friends said, "Come over and watch on VHS -- we've got this cool 'Evil Dead' movie. It's classic, it's amazing!"[/font]

[font=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]I was so disgusted by the first five minutes with the tree rape that I stomped off and said, "The people who made this movie are sick and they ought to be in jail!" Twelve years later I was married to one of them. But this season, me and that tree have got a date.[/font]


Oh man, i hope ruby chops that f**king tree up into little pieces and burns the bastard right afterwards, it'll be sweet sweet revenge for us fans who hated that scene with a passion !

Source : http://www.moviefone.com/2016/09/30/ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-plenty-of-surprises-easter-eggs/
 
Kain said:
The Tumblr event is at Tumblr HQ in NYC. I have no idea what they're screening. Here's the info:

https://ashvsevildeadfanscreening.splashthat.com/

Ahh, I was wondering.  I know they couldn't possibly be showing the first episode by then.

Thank you for catching those, Joe; they're listed on the Spoiler TV webpage, Kain.  They're usually decently reliable for productive spoilers so what Joe had is quite likely accurate.  

I'm amused that we have an entire subplot featuring Ash chasing the Classic like it's a lost dog.  I sense the car gets possessed because the kids do something stupid and then bye-bye kids.  Ash killing them all in another bar brawl would echo the first episode too closely.

Also fuck yeah I'm here for Ruby chopping up a vine- tree.  It's sort of awkward, since she quasi-created them (unless that part of the whole 'wrote the Necronomicon' thing was Baal's idea), but I'll take it.  

Linking something over here that I was going to bring along but Joe beat me to it; Far Far Away Site has posted their season 2 AvED gallery, including images for episodes 2-6.

And UK fans are, for some reason, getting the show the day after it debuts in the US, on a Monday.
 
Also I almost put this over in the collectibles section, but Box of Dread has an exclusive AvED pin coming out with its October edition.
 
Also, for anyone who's hoping to spend the next hour unspoiled, the official Tumblr and Twitter are Doing The Posting Untagged Spoilers Thing Again.


And there's apparently an AvED snapchat feature that turns you into a puking Deadite, for those who have Snapchat and want to show it off.
 
And the premier rating is a 0.21, bringing the show in at 42nd place.

436k watched.  That's on average with the first season premiere but a hundred k down from the season one finale.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
And the premier rating is a 0.21, bringing the show in at 42nd place.

436k watched.  That's on average with the first season premiere but a hundred k down from the season one finale.

While it could be worse, it could be much better but look at what happen to blunt talk. They only got a 0.06 so at this point i'm kinda glad were in the 40's area then doing blunt talk numbers *shrug*
 
Joem1k said:
MaidOfKandar said:
And the premier rating is a 0.21, bringing the show in at 42nd place.

436k watched.  That's on average with the first season premiere but a hundred k down from the season one finale.

While it could be worse, it could be much better but look at what happen to blunt talk. They only got a 0.06 so at this point i'm kinda glad were in the 40's area then doing blunt talk numbers *shrug*

Oh yeah, Blunt Talk's completely cratered; I don't know what Starz was thinking pairing these two shows, since BT's audience and AvED's audience have next to nothing in common and I have a feeling most everyone fled once the show is over to watch whatever else was on (and I love Patrick Stewart but I love nothing about Blunt Talk so I can't even get the gumption up to watch the thing with what little time I have).


It's a typical AvED rating, but retention between seasons is a good thing.  We'll find out soon enough if the digital and OnDemand numbers changed anything, and if they go up next week without the power of all of the free sneaks they did. 

The latest season 3 news is that they're doing 'prep work' for season three 'in case Starz wants to announce something'.  There's a lot of 'use the Starz ap' encouragement in this interview, so I'm wondering if they're going to use that to justify a double-renewal. Something has to be up in the air for it, I will say that much; I'm wondering if Starz is looking at the money they put into all of the promotion they did only to garner the same results they got last year and being more cautious.
 
I got to attend the Ash vs Evil Dead screening event at Tumblr HQ in NYC today. The entire cast was there! They screened the first episode and there was Q & A afterwards. I asked Bruce if there was going to be a season 3 and he said he couldn't reveal anything yet but said chances are very good! On a side note today marked my 18th time seeing Bruce in person. Crazy!

ash_vs_ed_tumblr_01.jpg


ash_vs_ed_tumblr_02.jpg
 
Here's a short clip I shot at the event:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOaAh8lFwgs[/video]
 
Kain said:
Here's a short clip I shot at the event:

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOaAh8lFwgs[/video]

I think bruce said it best in this clip "I'd just stop there ray" haha. 

and that is very good news to hear from bruce, i hope we get to some type of news here soon if bruce isn't saying anything just yet.

And also congrats on being able to meet bruce and the rest of them again that whole panel must have been a ton of fun !
 
Kain said:
I got to attend the Ash vs Evil Dead screening event at Tumblr HQ in NYC today. The entire cast was there! They screened the first episode and there was Q & A afterwards. I asked Bruce if there was going to be a season 3 and he said he couldn't reveal anything yet but said chances are very good! On a side note today marked my 18th time seeing Bruce in person. Crazy!

ash_vs_ed_tumblr_01.jpg


ash_vs_ed_tumblr_02.jpg

Nice shots and a good clip, Kain. Man, 18 times - that's so cool!

Between Bruce's comment and this quote in an interview that was just published: 

[font=Arial,]TD: Has there been talks about a possible season three?[/font]

[font=Arial,]BC: “There better be! We’re already talking about it on our end. We have to look ahead. The writers room goes back at it in the fall. We want season three and four from Starz. I think they can see that the show is catching on. Everyone needs programming. Fans will be happy with getting season three and four, they will, and then they’ll be good. With a season three and four, there will be enough content to hold a large fan base. If we were to squeeze out only one season “awww what’s goin on”, but we give them two or three and they’re like “HOT DAMN, THIS IS GOOD.” The binge factor goes way up. So we will see what they do. Look Starz didn’t know, they didn’t know the fan base would be this huge. They knew the films sure but last year we were going to show just a clip at New York Comic-Con and we lied to them and showed the first full episode, they lit their hair on fire! All the Starz execs were there and saw the fans reaction and then the light bulbs started going off ya know. It was like Rocky Horror almost, people went off. Now Starz is developing shows strictly for the Comic-Con fans. But yeah, back to your question, I want two more seasons, for starters.”[/font]


...it looks like they're hoping it's either going to pick up or hope people will watch through the Starz ap.  They're really hitting hard on the binge watching aspect. It's very interesting to me, the way he's putting this.

I also think it's interesting that they're moving ahead and hiring writers (and we all know that comic book guy was hired for the third season) even though Bruce is like "its good but we don't know for sure."  My earlier hunch that they'll shop it around if they get cancelled by Starz looks like it might be true (but I doubt Starz will cancel them, they might request a budget cut if upping the budget to no real gain doesn't pan out).
 
Kain said:
Here's a short clip I shot at the event:

The whole thing about Ray shitting himself is amusing even if he is just joking, and I think I'd do the same if I ever got to be face to face with Bruce once let alone 18 times. I read an article about the show, and in it Bruce mentioned a possible new book... and a tour for next year so maybe that will be my big chance.


The article if anyone wants to read it is here, but there is some spoilery goodness in there too.
http://dailydead.com/exclusive-bruce-campbell-talks-ash-vs-evil-dead-season-2-new-book-hail-chin/


I also forgot that today was New York Comic Con. So there should be a little bit of info coming out of that, but they didn't Tweet too much about it which is weird.
 
Haha, you get used it after a while. Now whenever I see Bruce in person I'm just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
 
That is how I felt after meeting the late great Dave Brockie who was perhaps better known as Oderus Urungus from Gwar. After meeting him 8 times he was more of a really cool old friend you meet once a year who was well known, but it was funny to see how others who were meeting him for the first time reacted, haha. It was equally amusing when you had to do so after being sprayed with all kinds of fluids during the show, and freezing your ass off at the same time.
 
Kain said:
Haha, you get used it after a while. Now whenever I see Bruce in person I'm just like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That is how I felt after meeting the late great Dave Brockie who was perhaps better known as Oderus Urungus from Gwar. After meeting him 8 times he was more of a really cool old friend you meet once a year who was well known, but it was funny to see how others who were meeting him for the first time reacted. It was equally amusing when you had to do so after being sprayed with all kinds of fluids during the show, and freezing your ass off at the same time because it was in November. I doubt Bruce does that, haha.
 
Here's a recap of the New York Comic Con Panel


  1. The first question was about season 3 – but Campbell turned that around, telling the asker and other fans that they need to write angry letter to the Starz execs demanding season 3.
So....
 
Re-watch it here:

https://www.facebook.com/ashvsevildead/videos/vb.358757780972687/644429465738849/
 
MaidOfKandar said:
Here's a recap of the New York Comic Con Panel


  1. The first question was about season 3 – but Campbell turned that around, telling the asker and other fans that they need to write angry letter to the Starz execs demanding season 3.
So....

I've read from other sources Bruce was doing his usual thing when he was saying this so i wouldn't take it as face value.
 
Top Bottom