Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!]

Nick el Ass said:
There is a live AvED Facebook Q and A going on right now.

They picked the most asinine questions for this particular Q&A.

Too bad because I saw some good ones in the comments section (including mine) and instead it was the usual dreck. 

Even the cast was mocking the questions this time. Ah well....
 
eViL DeAdiTe said:
Nick el Ass said:
There is a live AvED Facebook Q and A going on right now.

They picked the most asinine questions for this particular Q&A.

Too bad because I saw some good ones in the comments section (including mine) and instead it was the usual dreck. 

Even the cast was mocking the questions this time. Ah well....

I thought it was fun and entertaining for what it was, plus i now know bruce likes speed racer that's another thing and the nickname and injuries part was probably the best part of it. 

"I have a nickname for you dana" "DON'T YOU DO IT !" That part was just priceless
 
eViL DeAdiTe said:
Nick el Ass said:
There is a live AvED Facebook Q and A going on right now.

They picked the most asinine questions for this particular Q&A.

Too bad because I saw some good ones in the comments section (including mine) and instead it was the usual dreck. 

Even the cast was mocking the questions this time. Ah well....


It seems like ever one of these things you get the usual "what was your favorite scene to shoot?" kind of questions which is bad... and there were more than a few asking if we will ever see that Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash movies too. So they had every right to avoid a majority of them, and have a little fun which they did.




Btw, Bruce and Lucy did a video with them looking at some horror flicks including a clip of Evil Dead II.

[video=dailymotion]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4wc9cy_bruce-campbell-lucy-lawless-react-to-horror-films_tech[/video].
 
Quint from AICN has a decent new interview up with Bruce ..

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/76389
 
Season 3 confirmed? Deadline jumped the gun? Not an official statement from Starz yet.

http://deadline.com/2016/10/ash-vs-evil-dead-renewed-season-3-starz-bruce-campbell-new-york-comic-con-1201832803/
 
Kain said:
Season 3 confirmed? Deadline jumped the gun. Not an official statement from Starz.

http://deadline.com/2016/10/ash-vs-evil-dead-renewed-season-3-starz-bruce-campbell-new-york-comic-con-1201832803/

Deadline is pretty accurate with it's news on starz, it may not be a official statement from starz  but note the words EXCLUSIVE so starz must have given them permission to tell everyone so it is technically official. 

Anyways....

[img=300x223]https://cdn.meme.am/instances/56388698.jpg[/img]

[img=300x164]https://media.giphy.com/media/W7fEqxRc6TKi4/giphy.gif[/img]

and finally

[img=300x181]https://media.tenor.co/images/e071da1b97fcfb6081eec2eb6096697d/raw[/img]
 
Nick el Ass said:
eViL DeAdiTe said:
Nick el Ass said:
There is a live AvED Facebook Q and A going on right now.

They picked the most asinine questions for this particular Q&A.

Too bad because I saw some good ones in the comments section (including mine) and instead it was the usual dreck. 

Even the cast was mocking the questions this time. Ah well....


It seems like ever one of these things you get the usual "what was your favorite scene to shoot?" kind of questions which is bad... and there were more than a few asking if we will ever see that Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash movies too. So they had every right to avoid a majority of them, and have a little fun which they did.




Btw, Bruce and Lucy did a video with them looking at some horror flicks including a clip of Evil Dead II.

[video=dailymotion]https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4wc9cy_bruce-campbell-lucy-lawless-react-to-horror-films_tech[/video].



I freaking love that clip of Lucy and Bruce.

I will say this about the Q&A on Facebook: it's not the worst I've ever seen Bruce do but whenever someone asks him "Who would win in a fight?" questions I wince.  He haates those.


Kain said:
Season 3 confirmed? Deadline jumped the gun? Not an official statement from Starz yet.

http://deadline.com/2016/10/ash-vs-evil-dead-renewed-season-3-starz-bruce-campbell-new-york-comic-con-1201832803/

Hmm, this is interesting to me.  Deadline is naming "someone close to the situation" as a source and The Wrap is naming "A source that would know".  Every other article is using Deadline as a source.  It sounds like a lot of off-the-record confirming (Was Bruce talking to a bunch of people at NYCC thinking it wouldn't get out?).  He was on his Twitter two hours ago and the news broke an hour before that, and he didn't RT the news.  Nothing from the official Twitter either.  Again: whatt're they waiting for?

(It's also hilarious to me that Deadline is trying to give them an enormous cumulative rating based on the four repeats they did during the day and say ratings increased.  No, they got something like a 1.5 in cumes last year for the premiere, and 776k is around average for their +3s.  The problem has always been the mid-season drop-off. All of those ratings get counted individually for a reason.)

Also it's interesting to me that they didn't pull the double renewal they wanted if this is true.  Bruce is saying he wants to do "ten seasons" now, and the image of him at sixty trying to do his own stunts is already making me wince.
 
Yeah, I'm going to patiently wait for the official Starz press release. I don't think they officially announced season 3 at the NYC Comic Con panel yesterday. Hopefully they'll post a video of the panel soon.
 
I saw a full recap of the panel and posted it upthread (no video, sadly) and they definitely didn't. Either they signed contracts today or someone was talking out of school.
 
The numbers from Deadline are very promising, and if the season 3 rumors are true I would expect Starz to officially make an announcement on Sunday before episode 2 airs. I would love to see the show get to the 5 season mark that Bruce and everyone has been talking about, and saw an interview that Bruce said if they do 5 years that will be like 12 movies worth of fresh stuff. I'll take that along with a new book, and there are still rumors of a movie.


Also Bruce did another Reddit AMA today. I gave it a quick glance only to see more talk of Brisco, Sam Axe, and Bubba Ho-tep and it was mostly disappointing.  https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/56cxgx/guess_whos_back_baby_its_bruce_campbell_and_im/
 
Here's the panel 

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7S0NotbW8I&feature=youtu.be[/video]


And ray has acknowledged that news article so something is going on and there probably in the process of signing stuff for the renewal and were probably going to get some official announcement later on. 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Here we go season 3! [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#AshvsEvilDead[img=32x33]https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/Starz/Starz.png[/img][/font]

Source : https://twitter.com/RealRaySantiago/status/784465911633813504
 
Nick el Ass said:
The numbers from Deadline are very promising, and if the season 3 rumors are true I would expect Starz to officially make an announcement on Sunday before episode 2 airs. I would love to see the show get to the 5 season mark that Bruce and everyone has been talking about, and saw an interview that Bruce said if they do 5 years that will be like 12 movies worth of fresh stuff. I'll take that along with a new book, and there are still rumors of a movie.


Also Bruce did another Reddit AMA today. I gave it a quick glance only to see more talk of Brisco, Sam Axe, and Bubba Ho-tep and it was mostly disappointing.  https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/56cxgx/guess_whos_back_baby_its_bruce_campbell_and_im/

The trouble with Deadline's quote on the cumes is that they're quoting are for a total of six showings over all the major Starz networks.  It's not what most networks do and it's not what Nielsen does on top of that; each airing counts as a separate rating, all that counts for cumulative ratings are +3s (when people rewatch the show through DVRs for three days after the initial airing of the episode's first broadcast of that initial broadcast).

They only tend to make renewal announcements during business days. It'd be nice if they do it on Sunday tho!

Nice that Ray acknowledged it though. I wonder if he's the main source now. Either that or he knows as much as we do (which would be funny).

Thanks to everyone who posted the panel, too!
 
Joe's always quick on the draw!  He's awesome with links that way. You did a great job posting it too!

I'm sure Bruce will Tweet about everything by the morning!
 
Panel Highlights 

I am now nicknaming linda b "The linda that could" that goo story is just priceless and i love the fact hurd was really game for it and was dissaponted she got nothing on her was great, i hope we get to see her for the next season her chemistry with everyone is great !

Lee majors burning ted raimi with a impression of him that was amazing and so spot on. 

overall this panel really tops the san deigo one by far !


Aw shucks haha  :P
 
So which former cast do you guys think will make cameos in season 2? I think Ellen Sandweiss will definitely be one of them.
 
Kain said:
So which former cast do you guys think will make cameos in season 2? I think Ellen Sandweiss will definitely be one of them.

I have a good feeling cheryl might be more then just a cameo considering how big her character is for ash's arc  this season but i have a good feeling we might see scotty, THE original linda, shelly and uhhhh maybe ANNIE ? *shrug*
 
Joem1k said:
Panel Highlights 

I am now nicknaming linda b "The linda that could" that goo story is just priceless and i love the fact hurd was really game for it and was dissaponted she got nothing on her was great, i hope we get to see her for the next season her chemistry with everyone is great !

Lee majors burning ted raimi with a impression of him that was amazing and so spot on. 

overall this panel really tops the san deigo one by far !


Aw shucks haha  :P

I love Lee Majors' general DGAF attitude.  It's amusing as hell.  And I love Ted Raimi

Kain said:
So which former cast do you guys think will make cameos in season 2? I think Ellen Sandweiss will definitely be one of them.

Ellen's definitely a lock; the rest of my guess is along the line of Joe's suggestion, I think we might get more Jake perhaps, but I think they might bring back Embeth Davidtz briefly.  Since they're looking to shock people with appearances she'd be a surprise with the inter-franchise legal wrangling.
 
Kain said:
So which former cast do you guys think will make cameos in season 2? I think Ellen Sandweiss will definitely be one of them.

MaidOfKandar said:
Ellen's definitely a lock; the rest of my guess is along the line of Joe's suggestion, I think we might get more Jake perhaps, but I think they might bring back Embeth Davidtz briefly.  Since they're looking to shock people with appearances she'd be a surprise with the inter-franchise legal wrangling.

Getting to finally hear Lee Majors call it is batshit crazy makes me happy. Now I would be sad if we didn't get to see Ellen, Betsy, and Theresa aka the ladies pop up. I also can't help, but wonder if that is the case with Bruce mentioning two... or three of those "holy shit moments" coming throughout the season. We already got to see Jake's remains (even though I'd love to see Dan Hicks,) and Embeth Davidtz would be a real shock because she hasn't done anything Evil Dead related since Army of Darkness even at cons and/or autograph signings.
 
Nick el Ass said:
Kain said:
So which former cast do you guys think will make cameos in season 2? I think Ellen Sandweiss will definitely be one of them.

MaidOfKandar said:
Ellen's definitely a lock; the rest of my guess is along the line of Joe's suggestion, I think we might get more Jake perhaps, but I think they might bring back Embeth Davidtz briefly.  Since they're looking to shock people with appearances she'd be a surprise with the inter-franchise legal wrangling.

Getting to finally hear Lee Majors call it is batshit crazy makes me happy. Now I would be sad if we didn't get to see Ellen, Betsy, and Theresa aka the ladies pop up. I also can't help, but wonder if that is the case with Bruce mentioning two... or three of those "holy shit moments" coming throughout the season. We already got to see Jake's remains (even though I'd love to see Dan Hicks,) and Embeth Davidtz would be a real shock because she hasn't done anything Evil Dead related since Army of Darkness even at cons and/or autograph signings.

Well we could get  a little Jake since

The show does go back in time again this season.

Adding onto the renewal confusion, Bloody Disgusting sites the show's ComicCon panel as the source for the renewal news.  Which you can watch above. Where no announcement happened.

We still have no press release from Starz, confirmation from Bruce or official Tweets on any of the show's social media as I head to (late) bed.  Even TvByTheNumbers is silent.
 
Top Bottom