Ash vs Evil Dead Season 2 General Discussion Thread [MARK YOUR SPOILERS!]

MaidOfKandar said:
ETA:
the kids are adorable.  This is no spoiler, but they are both soooo dead.

At least Lacey seems likable at first crack.

 I have a feeling Lacey will last a little longer, but he will be a goner pretty quick... or perhaps a nice possession somewhere along the line. 


MaidOfKandar said:
Nick el Ass said:
Joem1k said:
We should also take into account that the 2nd debate basically took a good chunk of viewers from just about every show on that list so I expected this to happen so this news isn't really shocking in the slightest bit. But like I said again last week we could be doing blunt talk numbers but we aren't.

Yeah, ratings are down across the board including for the NFL which is usually a ratings juggernaut... but it seems like even the ratings for the debate took a massive dump going from 84 million to 66 million viewers for round two. So I'm not sure what to think of anything anymore.

Also AvED wasn't in direct competition with the debate (it ended a half hour before it started) and Sunday Night Football actually beat the debates in the ratings.  Though if you add up its ratings across the networks I suppose it beats SNF in cumes (29 Million viewers).

Blunt talk did so badly it isn't even in the top 100.   At this point you could make the statement that AvED is being dragged down by it.

I'm sure they were talking about overall numbers between all channels, and everything is down in those terms... but I'm certain people having to pay for a Starz does plays a big roll in the ratings too. Even with what Starz charges currently (which isn't bad) there is nothing to back it up, and Starz needs to step up there game here if they want AvED to be really successful.


MaidOfKandar said:
I love his work too - it started out pretty decently ratings-wise but it's tanked big time at this point.  I hope he finds something more worthy of his talents.

Sir Ian's just been luckier - Vicious was a fun vehicle for him and it did well enough on the UK to be imported onto PBS this fall.

I think the two Sirs are made for the stage, and Vicious which was funny from what I have seen looked more stagey... but sadly it is going to end in 2016. I don't think I could ever get into Stewart as a newscaster.


/I also would rather see Sir Patrick Stewart as a Deadite than William Shatner as Ash's dad as was thrown around early on.
 
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGxGwn2ngc4[/video]

...Holy fuck, the chills are real over here, i love these short little mini prequel videos there releasing for the side characters, this one in particular is creepy as f**k.

(NOTE, this is not from a future episode as they always put the episode number in the title, this is a stand alone video.)
 
Joem1k said:
...Holy fuck, the chills are real over here, i love these short little mini prequel videos there releasing for the side characters, this one in particular is creepy as f**k.

(NOTE, this is not from a future episode as they always put the episode number in the title, this is a stand alone video.)

Not trying to get my hopes up for this episode, but I really like this little Evil Dead / Twin peaks atmospheric crossover!
 
Hurley said:
Joem1k said:
...Holy fuck, the chills are real over here, i love these short little mini prequel videos there releasing for the side characters, this one in particular is creepy as f**k.

(NOTE, this is not from a future episode as they always put the episode number in the title, this is a stand alone video.)

Not trying to get my hopes up for this episode, but I really like this little Evil Dead / Twin peaks atmospheric crossover!


I don't think this video is from any upcoming episode and this is just a little prequel/stand alone video they did, note the title of the video, there's no episode code for it.
 
Nick el Ass said:
MaidOfKandar said:
ETA:
the kids are adorable.  This is no spoiler, but they are both soooo dead.

At least Lacey seems likable at first crack.

 I have a feeling Lacey will last a little longer, but he will be a goner pretty quick... or perhaps a nice possession somewhere along the line. 


MaidOfKandar said:
Nick el Ass said:
Joem1k said:
We should also take into account that the 2nd debate basically took a good chunk of viewers from just about every show on that list so I expected this to happen so this news isn't really shocking in the slightest bit. But like I said again last week we could be doing blunt talk numbers but we aren't.

Yeah, ratings are down across the board including for the NFL which is usually a ratings juggernaut... but it seems like even the ratings for the debate took a massive dump going from 84 million to 66 million viewers for round two. So I'm not sure what to think of anything anymore.

Also AvED wasn't in direct competition with the debate (it ended a half hour before it started) and Sunday Night Football actually beat the debates in the ratings.  Though if you add up its ratings across the networks I suppose it beats SNF in cumes (29 Million viewers).

Blunt talk did so badly it isn't even in the top 100.   At this point you could make the statement that AvED is being dragged down by it.

I'm sure they were talking about overall numbers between all channels, and everything is down in those terms... but I'm certain people having to pay for a Starz does plays a big roll in the ratings too. Even with what Starz charges currently (which isn't bad) there is nothing to back it up, and Starz needs to step up there game here if they want AvED to be really successful.


MaidOfKandar said:
I love his work too - it started out pretty decently ratings-wise but it's tanked big time at this point.  I hope he finds something more worthy of his talents.

Sir Ian's just been luckier - Vicious was a fun vehicle for him and it did well enough on the UK to be imported onto PBS this fall.

I think the two Sirs are made for the stage, and Vicious which was funny from what I have seen looked more stagey... but sadly it is going to end in 2016. I don't think I could ever get into Stewart as a newscaster.


/I also would rather see Sir Patrick Stewart as a Deadite than William Shatner as Ash's dad as was thrown around early on.




I'm pretty sure I saw a shot of Lacey as a Deadite in the full season promo, so I'm pretty sure she'll last a bit but turn by episode seven or so.

I'm honestly curious at this point how Starz counts their ratings.  Juding from their press releases, what matters to them is the +3s and the initial broadcast plus OnDemand.  I never hear them bragging about what the ap does, which is weird, even though they promote it like wildfire.

Yep, I keep hoping they'll do something great together onstage.  There's got to be some kind of buddy comedy they'd be marvelous in together.

Joem1k said:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGxGwn2ngc4[/video]

...Holy fuck, the chills are real over here, i love these short little mini prequel videos there releasing for the side characters, this one in particular is creepy as f**k.

(NOTE, this is not from a future episode as they always put the episode number in the title, this is a stand alone video.)


I'm actually sad it's not part of the series; are they trying to cook up buzz by doing this or is this an 'extended' look into the universe?  There's something almost Twin Peaks like to this. ETA: HAH Hurley and I had the same thought!

ETA: According to this Starz promotional calendar I was gifted from Elise, they ARE skipping Thanksgiving weekend this year.  Season finale is scheduled for the 11th of December.
 
I think's it's there way of trying to expand/deepen some of the universe/world with these short videos, and i love that there doing this, it's different and unique plus it's a real good treat between episodes as well. I hope they have more on the way cause this one in particular was really good !
 
Joem1k said:
I think's it's there way of trying to expand/deepen some of the universe/world with these short videos, and i love that there doing this, it's different and unique plus it's a real good treat between episodes as well. I hope they have more on the way cause this one in particular was really good !


I'm wondering if they're trying to get acknowledgement from the short film category at the Emmys. 


@Hurley - my thoughts exactly!
 
Hurley said:
Wait, this sin't a clip from the actual episode? I mean… why the fuck not?

I like the clip a lot, and would be pretty bummed out if after the upcoming stuff we don't get back to more of darker stuff toward the end of the season. It would be like last season going into the cabin episodes, but it would be a great way to transfer out of those Halloween vibes... and into Thanksgiving with something big.
 
Nick el Ass said:
Hurley said:
Wait, this sin't a clip from the actual episode? I mean… why the fuck not?

I like the clip a lot, and would be pretty bummed out if after the upcoming stuff we don't get back to more of darker stuff toward the end of the season. It would be like last season going into the cabin episodes, but it would be a great way to transfer out of those Halloween vibes... and into Thanksgiving with something big.

I desperately want a resolution to the Cheryl and Ash situation to actually be somewhat emotionally meaningful. This franchise has done it!  It did it in TED and ED2!  Even AOD has that moment where Sheila gets carried off and Ash is visibly heartbroken! 

Sidenote: did the wording on Deadline's announcement of the renewal change slightly? I went looking for something on the site and checked the article out of curiousity and it feels like it was reworded.  They removed the part about sources, and the last word in the paragraph is 'we hear'.
 
Good God. Maybe I am a bad fan, but the clip with the sheriff ... I love it! And to be honest, I like it way more than anything else the series delivered in S2. That's how I would love a 60min per episode EVIL DEAD series to be. Twin Peaks meets Fargo combined with a healthy amount of scare, gore and Ash Williams. But with the current state of the show? I would rather prefer watching the sheriff dealing with the demon invasion than following the spring break adventures of fratboy Ash.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
Nick el Ass said:
Hurley said:
Wait, this sin't a clip from the actual episode? I mean… why the fuck not?

I like the clip a lot, and would be pretty bummed out if after the upcoming stuff we don't get back to more of darker stuff toward the end of the season. It would be like last season going into the cabin episodes, but it would be a great way to transfer out of those Halloween vibes... and into Thanksgiving with something big.

I desperately want a resolution to the Cheryl and Ash situation to actually be somewhat emotionally meaningful. This franchise has done it!  It did it in TED and ED2!  Even AOD has that moment where Sheila gets carried off and Ash is visibly heartbroken! 

Sidenote: did the wording on Deadline's announcement of the renewal change slightly? I went looking for something on the site and checked the article out of curiousity and it feels like it was reworded.  They removed the part about sources, and the last word in the paragraph is 'we hear'.

I think the Deadline article always said "We hear" type of comment in the article, and there has never been any official confirmation to my knowledge. Although I see IMDB added a thing for a third season. None the less, I long thought it would be cool if they added something to let people know if  something like that has been edited like they do on Facebook in case people backtrack on such things they write.  

As far as the Ash and Cheryl deal that would be pretty cool to see, and maybe in the next few episodes we could see some of those "holy shit moments" they talked about at NYCC, and it could all make for a really good set up for the next 4 episodes if Ash deals with the classic, gets busted for something like a DUI (hence the title of episode 4,) then gets locked up by the sheriff which could lead us to Roger from the clip, and then Ash ends up in the asylum where he has to face all of his demons so to speak. If they do that season 3/4 could get back to the old Evil Dead we all know and love. Not that I don't love the show, but there is room to get much darker. Of course, I could be wrong about everything here... but I will own up to my wrogness. 
 
If that clip is an example of what they're leaving on the cutting room floor, I guess this show has even more problems on the conceptual level than I originally thought... Specially when you think about some of the stuff they're leaving in.

Muzzlehatch said:
Good God. Maybe I am a bad fan, but the clip with the sheriff ... I love it! And to be honest, I like it way more than anything else the series delivered in S2. That's how I would love a 60min per episode EVIL DEAD series to be. Twin Peaks meets Fargo combined with a healthy amount of scare, gore and Ash Williams. But with the current state of the show? I would rather prefer watching the sheriff dealing with the demon invasion than following the spring break adventures of fratboy Ash.

I'm with you wholeheartedly.
 
DyD said:
If that clip is an example of what they're leaving on the cutting room floor, I guess this show has even more problems on the conceptual level than I originally thought... Specially when you think about some of the stuff they're leaving in.

Muzzlehatch said:
Good God. Maybe I am a bad fan, but the clip with the sheriff ... I love it! And to be honest, I like it way more than anything else the series delivered in S2. That's how I would love a 60min per episode EVIL DEAD series to be. Twin Peaks meets Fargo combined with a healthy amount of scare, gore and Ash Williams. But with the current state of the show? I would rather prefer watching the sheriff dealing with the demon invasion than following the spring break adventures of fratboy Ash.

I'm with you wholeheartedly.

Guys, it's short side story, not something being left out of the main show or from a future episode, and if you wanna know who wrote the "rodger" short here and yes she will be writing one of the main episodes this season. 

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Check out another one of the [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#ashvsevildead[img=32x33]https://abs.twimg.com/hashflags/Starz/Starz.png[/img][/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] shorts I wrote...[/font]


Source : https://twitter.com/SuzanneKeilly/status/786356555016904705
 
Joem1k said:
DyD said:
If that clip is an example of what they're leaving on the cutting room floor, I guess this show has even more problems on the conceptual level than I originally thought... Specially when you think about some of the stuff they're leaving in.

Guys, it's short side story, not something being left out of the main show or from a future episode, and if you wanna know who wrote the "rodger" short here and yes she will be writing one of the main episodes this season. 

Ok, let me rephrase then... If that's an example of the kind of material they're not using on the show and doing as an internet "bonus" only, I guess this show has a lot more problems on the conceptual level than I originally thought. Cause it's actually better than most of the stuff they're doing on the actual show.

Good to hear the people responsible for this scene will be involved with future episodes. Now I'm really looking forward to see what they'll do.
 
Here's a little fun bts video from ray's instagram of him getting shot in the face with blood, you can hear bruce and dana in the BG as well. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLg_r90jm26/
 
I had no clue they were making these shorts simply as little quickies, but it will be fun to see what these writers bring to the table when writing a full episode.
 
Nick el Ass said:
MaidOfKandar said:
Nick el Ass said:
Hurley said:
Wait, this sin't a clip from the actual episode? I mean… why the fuck not?

I like the clip a lot, and would be pretty bummed out if after the upcoming stuff we don't get back to more of darker stuff toward the end of the season. It would be like last season going into the cabin episodes, but it would be a great way to transfer out of those Halloween vibes... and into Thanksgiving with something big.

I desperately want a resolution to the Cheryl and Ash situation to actually be somewhat emotionally meaningful. This franchise has done it!  It did it in TED and ED2!  Even AOD has that moment where Sheila gets carried off and Ash is visibly heartbroken! 

Sidenote: did the wording on Deadline's announcement of the renewal change slightly? I went looking for something on the site and checked the article out of curiousity and it feels like it was reworded.  They removed the part about sources, and the last word in the paragraph is 'we hear'.

I think the Deadline article always said "We hear" type of comment in the article, and there has never been any official confirmation to my knowledge. Although I see IMDB added a thing for a third season. None the less, I long thought it would be cool if they added something to let people know if  something like that has been edited like they do on Facebook in case people backtrack on such things they write.  

As far as the Ash and Cheryl deal that would be pretty cool to see, and maybe in the next few episodes we could see some of those "holy shit moments" they talked about at NYCC, and it could all make for a really good set up for the next 4 episodes if Ash deals with the classic, gets busted for something like a DUI (hence the title of episode 4,) then gets locked up by the sheriff which could lead us to Roger from the clip, and then Ash ends up in the asylum where he has to face all of his demons so to speak. If they do that season 3/4 could get back to the old Evil Dead we all know and love. Not that I don't love the show, but there is room to get much darker. Of course, I could be wrong about everything here... but I will own up to my wrogness. 

Ahh, for some reason I thought it read differently when I glanced at it.  IMDB tends to do that stuff a lot, so I'll take that with a grain of hope and salt all together.

I'm excited for Suzanne's work; I think she's doing the eighth episode or the seventh?  If they put her in charge of

Cheryl's return

Then I'm amped.

ALSO I am hearing that we're having a VP shuffle for the prospective season 3 (I think this is in an interview Bruce just did about naming a new supervising EP - I can't remember which interview because the press blitz has been so thorough that I'm barely caught up with it.)   Which will still be prospective until Starz gets off its butt and does an official press release.  SERIOUSLY WHERE IS STARZ IN THIS?

The apparent new rumor is that Ted is going to reprise his part as Henrietta sometime during the season.  That's a loose rumor.

But yes, I really want SOME kind of serious emotional closure.


For folks who're into creepypastas, the cast has read several well-known ones as promo for the new season on the Mr. Creepypasta account.  Here's Lucy, Ted and Dana's episodes.
 
MaidOfKandar said:
I'm excited for Suzanne's work; I think she's doing the eighth episode or the seventh?  If they put her in charge of

Cheryl's return

ALSO I am hearing that we're having a VP shuffle for the prospective season 3 (I think this is in an interview Bruce just did about naming a new supervising EP - I can't remember which interview because the press blitz has been so thorough that I'm barely caught up with it.)   Which will still be prospective until Starz gets off its butt and does an official press release.  SERIOUSLY WHERE IS STARZ IN THIS?

But yes, I really want SOME kind of serious emotional closure.[/spoiler]

Suzanne who?

And are we losing ol' Craiggy-boy as showrunner? I sure hope so. I really feel that half the problems with the show might be his fault. I think he values the humor over the horror and I want it the other way around.
 
I forgot to post this as it's been a couple days since it's been posted, but here's the episode 7 description !

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Ep 207 “Delusion”[/font]

[font=Roboto, sans-serif]Ash wakes up in an asylum and a seemingly helpful doctor tries desperately to get him to admit his horrific acts so his healing can begin. Ash's world seems to crumble around him. Was this all in his head? Is he really Ashy Slashy?[/font]


Source : http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/10/ash-vs-evil-episode-207-delusion.html


This episode is going to be VEERRRRRY interesting..... 

[img=300x225]https://media1.giphy.com/media/8cdZit2ZcjTri/200.gif#12[/img]
 
Top Bottom