Nick el Ass
Hero from the Sky
- Joined
- Aug 20, 2007
- Location
- Indianapolis
I thought they stepped things up by using less cgi in season 2, and didn't really see any problem with image quality although anything shot digitally looks too clean to me.
Nick el Ass said:I thought they stepped things up by using less cgi in season 2, and didn't really see any problem with image quality although anything shot digitally looks too clean to me.
Muzzlehatch said:Is it just me or went the production value also down hill After S1? I just rewatched someone scenes of the pilot and in comparison the S2 finale looks quite cheap. I mean just visualy, the image quality, color grading etc.
Nick el Ass said:I thought they stepped things up by using less cgi in season 2, and didn't really see any problem with image quality although anything shot digitally looks too clean to me.
Ashenwraith said:Muzzlehatch said:Is it just me or went the production value also down hill After S1? I just rewatched someone scenes of the pilot and in comparison the S2 finale looks quite cheap. I mean just visualy, the image quality, color grading etc.
S01 is shot in bright light and graded to be vibrant like a Hallmark commercial.
S02 is shot in the dark with a better low-light camera and graded more like a John Carpenter movie.
If you compare both of the dark scenes, S02 has better quality.
One thing I noticed is that I think the sound/vocal mic quality is lower in S02.
Bruce said they were given less money this season and so I think they were kinda smart and put it towards a low light camera and had to cut the budget elsewhere.
Nick el Ass said:I thought they stepped things up by using less cgi in season 2, and didn't really see any problem with image quality although anything shot digitally looks too clean to me.
That really depends. There was a ton of CGI fire and cabin stuff in the S02 vs S01
The deadites have about the same CGI, minus the CGI blood, it's just better done.
Ashenwraith said:Muzzlehatch said:Is it just me or went the production value also down hill After S1? I just rewatched someone scenes of the pilot and in comparison the S2 finale looks quite cheap. I mean just visualy, the image quality, color grading etc.
S01 is shot in bright light and graded to be vibrant like a Hallmark commercial.
S02 is shot in the dark with a better low-light camera and graded more like a John Carpenter movie.
If you compare both of the dark scenes, S02 has better quality.
One thing I noticed is that I think the sound/vocal mic quality is lower in S02.
Bruce said they were given less money this season and so I think they were kinda smart and put it towards a low light camera and had to cut the budget elsewhere.
Nick el Ass said:I thought they stepped things up by using less cgi in season 2, and didn't really see any problem with image quality although anything shot digitally looks too clean to me.
That really depends. There was a ton of CGI fire and cabin stuff in the S02 vs S01
The deadites have about the same CGI, minus the CGI blood, it's just better done.
Ashenwraith said:That really depends. There was a ton of CGI fire and cabin stuff in the S02 vs S01
The deadites have about the same CGI, minus the CGI blood, it's just better done.
MaidOfKandar said:@Chemvilla: YEp, that's exactly how I feel about Ash; they're missing his slight softness. You can be an ass kicking badass and still have a softer core.
@Ashenwraith - Did they really admit they had budget cuts? I thought they increased it this season. I think Joe had a source that said it went up?
@Nick - and the thing about the slight use of CGI is that when they use it it's SO damn noticeable - like her sudden CGI extendo-neck.
IMO the effects were definitely better this season, especially digitally. I will give them that.
Mardeadite said:I will admit, when I saw that bit after the end song when the girl picked up the book, I wondered if they were going that route.
I haven't seen the remake yet, and I don't know how they found the book (I assumed it was somewhere in the cabin much like Ash and co did). And I know there was a cabin, although I guess it could have been taken to another one.
Hmm. Maybe. I'll have a better idea of how things could possibly tie up after seeing the remake. (A DVD I've had for a few months now but still haven't gotten round to seeing. Heh.)
Sutter Cane said:Peoples are still debating about this season ending. Time will tell if this A) an illusion B)The real thing. If B then, the producers didn't take the show seriously, and just want made random crazy stuff to Ash. "Just because it's fun & campy."
I'll give a chance to a 3rd season and if the show is still a random mess. It will be the last one for me.
I know the movies are B series and are campy in a way. I agree with some of you logic wasn't always there, BUT I think there's a certain limit. They just went random and nostalgic in the second part of the season. If they want their target audience to be "Beavis & Butthead" they're in the right direction.
You can't compete with the Walking Dead or a Game of Throne with this kind of show. They took a 1990 sitcom template and fit Evil dead story into it. I just feel the story is improved from writer to writer. So it went in every direction in each episode. I just think they should avoid the cross over since the writers can't handle the basic logic of time traveling and Butterfly FX.
DyD said:Sutter Cane said:Peoples are still debating about this season ending. Time will tell if this A) an illusion B)The real thing. If B then, the producers didn't take the show seriously, and just want made random crazy stuff to Ash. "Just because it's fun & campy."
I'll give a chance to a 3rd season and if the show is still a random mess. It will be the last one for me.
I know the movies are B series and are campy in a way. I agree with some of you logic wasn't always there, BUT I think there's a certain limit. They just went random and nostalgic in the second part of the season. If they want their target audience to be "Beavis & Butthead" they're in the right direction.
You can't compete with the Walking Dead or a Game of Throne with this kind of show. They took a 1990 sitcom template and fit Evil dead story into it. I just feel the story is improved from writer to writer. So it went in every direction in each episode. I just think they should avoid the cross over since the writers can't handle the basic logic of time traveling and Butterfly FX.
My thoughts, exactly. I'll give the 3rd season a chance based on the creative staff changes they're making and hope that they will get their act together, but it's the last chance I'm giving. If it doesn't improve considerably, I'm done with the show. It's just too frustrating to keep watching. Oh, and if they decide to crossover with the remake on the 3rd season, I'd give up on it immediately. It would be a desperate move, it wouldn't make any sense and it would be a bad case of scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas.
irusisiul said:So, i have heard this theory in a couple of places and wanted to know your opinion... who thinks the actual ending of this season may lead to a proper crossover with the ED reboot from 2013? (which basically translates into introducing Mia Character) from my point of view, if they wanted to mix both universes (something i would have consider just IMPOSSIBLE six months away) it's the momento to do it.
Besides, i think Bruce Campbell himself hinted something about crossover possibilities on the show, in a recent interview...
Thoughts on this...?
[font=Arial, sans-serif]Going back to the office soon. [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#AVED3
[img=300x225]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C12y1tmUoAA6ZM6.jpg[/img][/font]