Ash vs Evil Dead Season 3 General Discussion Thread

Army of Darkness is rated R because the MPAA are a bunch of asswipes. They even wanted to slap NC-17 on it originally for no good reason. Something to do with it being the third in the trilogy, they seemingly wanted to sabotage it.

I think the NC-17 rating was for violence which was most likely for the stuff in the pit and brief nudity because the MPAA are such prudes which forced Sam to make some cuts to AoD, but in the end they still gave it an R rating which is absurd.


YES now I remember that!

"It's a cumulative effect." "It's got skeletons turning into dust, how is that an R?"


Happy dancing skeletons are fine.

dancingcorpses.png
 
Last edited:
I think the NC-17 rating was for violence which was most likely for the stuff in the pit and brief nudity because the MPAA are such prudes which forced Sam to make some cuts to AoD, but in the end they still gave it an R rating which is absurd.





Happy dancing skeletons are fine.

dancingcorpses.png

I read a recent interview with Bruce but of course I'll never be able to find it. But it's exactly what he said. But yeah, the MPAA are a bunch of twats.
 
Yeah, it was a combo of the brief nudity, the violence, the body horror, the implied rape and the language, none of which raises much of an eyebrow even in the Euro cut.
 
I ain't gonna get my hopes up, it could be something completely different.

It could be anything. True but I want to hold onto hope that Dana wouldn't make a mysterious tweet like that if it wasn't something about the show and good news at that. Bruce did say we would know whether or not a season 4 was in the cards by mid to late March. Also if it was a cancellation announcement then I don't think she would have included the cute picture. Maybe I'm grasping at straws here but for the time being I choose to believe that this will be good news for the show.
 
Haha true. She's probably announcing a new show or movie she's starring in.

That would be both funny and sad at the same time. Man Ash fans would just "died" at that point. Though I really do hope this isn't the end of the show. If it is then I'll be sad but I did a hell of a lot of work trying to promote this show online and elsewhere so I don't think there is really much more I can do on my end to help.

Hopefully this won't be a lame April Fools joke either... ugh!
 
Last edited:
Final season 4 most likely.

I hate it when a show ends without any finality, and that is why I thought the ending to Xena was so well done because there was no question it was over. It seems like they are building up to something major with Ash, but I don't want to see the show with an ending similar to AoD... and we deserve a season 4 with more Brandy. You also have to be weary of the date.
 
I hope her announcement doesn't have anything to do with the events that unfolded in tonight's episode (for those who watched it) or a lousy April Fools joke. Time will tell!
 
Odds are even as to which is which; I'm guessing if it's a fourth season we would be hearing from Bruce first.
 
It's either 1) April Fool's joke or 2) New project, role in a movie or TV show. Season 4 is super unlikely.
 
It's either 1) April Fool's joke or 2) New project, role in a movie or TV show. Season 4 is super unlikely.

She had posted that she was doing a live Q&A on Tuesday so I am assuming that is what she was referring to as the big announcement.
 
I wonder if they will announce anything regarding Ash VS Evil Dead there. Probably wishful thinking at this point. Bruce did say we would have a good idea of the show was dead or not by mid-March and now it's April and still not a peep...
 
They're waiting until the season is over. My guess is that they're going to cancel it and don't want to affect whatever little viewers are still tuning in.
 
Top Bottom