[CLOSED] Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Really?  I thought he felt really, really MNIB!Bruce during the whole opening segment, especially with the dancing (my god the dancing, Ash was never that goofy).  It only switched up for me when the power slide happened, and then when he got to the bar and actually started talking and the Ash voice came out of Bruce's mouth.  But then he faded in and out, causing me to go "yeah, that's Ash - no wait, that's not, it feels wrong."

ETA, possible future season spoiler:

The VP of programming at Starz just favorited my Tweet about wanting Embeth Davidtz on the show.  Which would mean that they finally worked out stuff with Universal.  Possible time-traveling season 2 hi-jinks?  Possibly me throwing things as they ruin my fave character?  IDK.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

MaidOfKandar said:
Really?  I thought he felt really, really MNIB!Bruce during the whole opening segment, especially with the dancing (my god the dancing, Ash was never that goofy).  It only switched up for me when the power slide happened, and then when he got to the bar and actually started talking and the Ash voice came out of Bruce's mouth.  But then he faded in and out, causing me to go "yeah, that's Ash - no wait, that's not, it feels wrong."

ETA, possible future season spoiler:

The VP of programming at Starz just favorited my Tweet about wanting Embeth Davidtz on the show.  Which would mean that they finally worked out stuff with Universal.  Possible time-traveling season 2 hi-jinks?  Possibly me throwing things as they ruin my fave character?  IDK.

I don't really want to read any more spoilers at this point. Could you just tell my how much you did or didn't like it in general? :)
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Overall thoughts on the clip.

From what i saw in that 4 minute clip was to say the least quite what i expected, a very immature ash whose been living in this false sense of security and hasn't had to deal with any sort of deadite's or danger in 30 years ! And this whole first episode is gonna be ash going from that asshole creep who goes to bar's to get a quickie at 3 am to that badass we know and love by the end of this first episode. And hopefully over the course of this season we see new depths to his character by the end of it. 

Dislike

It was wired seeing a sex scene in evil dead especially involving ash, like chainsaw_master put it. It was like walking in on a old friend having sex, just felt wrong to watch *cringe* but the subtle jokes had me on the floor though. 

"WERE COMING FOR YOU !"

Oh Dear  :rolleyes:  


Non-Spoiler thoughts

Overall it was good appetizer  before the main course despite the one gripe i had with it, can't wait to see the full episode.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Wow, Starz's online streaming is so much better than HBO's.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I know what you mean about the mad dancing Maid. That was incredibly goofy.

But he did feel more or less Ash to me. He had that whole stoic thing going on which is very Ash to my mind. Albeit he twats arround a lot more, but then he wasn't really in a situation to do that in the films. In the first he was with his friends (and the silliness is the sort of thing one does in private) and in the sequels he had much to contend with from the bat.

Mind you, I doubt he would have acted like that much in private back then either. They're obviously playing the 'old guy trying to regain his youth and getting carried away' angle. Whether or not this is a good thing... well I hope they don't get too carried away.

When i read the spoiler concerning the sex scene in the bath room, I wasn't happy. It is kind of tacky, but on seeing it, it's mainly played for laughs and is very amusing. "Pappa's getting winded, shall we take a break?" - probably not exact words. Hee hee.

Final thought - I like it. With some small reservations.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

@Hurley - I'm giving it a solid B- so far.  I did laugh - a couple of times, but I laughed.

I'll have actual thoughts sometime in the afternoon/evening when my brain isn't wobbling jello.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

MaidOfKandar said:
@Hurley - I'm giving it a solid B- so far.  I did laugh - a couple of times, but I laughed.

That's actually a much better rating than I was expecting from you. :)
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Hurley said:
MaidOfKandar said:
@Hurley - I'm giving it a solid B- so far.  I did laugh - a couple of times, but I laughed.

That's actually a much better rating than I was expecting from you. :)

Oh, I've always said it has positives and I keep going back and forth over the parts I liked and didn't like, but we haven't seen the whole ep and my negatives are pretty obstinately negative.   I think I'm going to end up right in the middle and it's going to be a C for me. I think my grade will go up or go down

Depending on how things go as the season happens, depending on how they handle Pablo/etc.  Especially depending on how they handle the middle stretch/cult plot.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I think the thing i'm going to have trouble getting used to is ash actually talking and interacting with other people, it's gonna take some getting used to for me at least. I'm just glad were gonna finally get to see ash's character expanded upon. That's what got me excited about this show the most, so i'm probably gonna have that new car feeling when the show starts rolling out episodes.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Looks like we beat Starz to leaking the premiere preview. Thanks guys!
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Kain said:
Wow, Starz's online streaming is so much better than HBO's.


Indeed. The comments about such quality are going to be just as much fun as the show, hehehe.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Can't watch it and I'm from Canada...Nothing on Super Channel either which is the place the serie will be air in my country... :S
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Sutter Cane said:
Can't watch it and I'm from Canada...Nothing on Super Channel either which is the place the serie will be air in my country... :S

I contacted Starz a few hours ago if they'll make it available for non US viewers at some point, but so far nothing. I'll keep you posted.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

The four minutes sneak peek is now available on Ash vs Evil Dead Facebook page!  ;)

https://www.facebook.com/ashvsevildead
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Twitter's rules are a little more relaxed, and if the preview ends up on Facebook it might get pulled for the end... and that is likely the same reason Starz won't put it on Youtube. Ok, it appears that you actually have to be logged into Facebook to see the preview on the AvED page.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

First impression : It was only four minutes but really entertaining ones.

 I must admit it was really funny. There's a lot of My name is Bruce in this clip but only better.  I just think Raimi and Co now have total freedom with Starz and they enjoy every minutes of it.  Maybe too much at some points but once again, really entertaining 
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Shipley posted it on YouTube, but who knows how long will it hold.

The clip is fun, though not something an Evil Dead fan would expect. :) I don't mind this being in the episode, but it's just an odd scene to promote. I'ts more for the newcomers than for the original fans.

It reminded me of something I thought of while watching I think the second behind the scenes video. That in a way, this show presents itself as "Californication with demons". I'm not sure what this actually means for the show, but if they keep this theme in line, I think it could work.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Hurley said:
Shipley posted it on YouTube, but who knows how long will it hold.

The clip is fun, though not something an Evil Dead fan would expect. :) I don't mind this being in the episode, but it's just an odd scene to promote. I'ts more for the newcomers than for the original fans.

It reminded me of something I thought of while watching I think the second behind the scenes video. That in a way, this show presents itself as "Californication with demons". I'm not sure what this actually means for the show, but if they keep this theme in line, I think it could work.

I think they chose it because its the start of the episode. Straight after, the introductory credits probably kick in. If this programme has them. (Or if it does the first episode might not. Seems commonplace nowadays on American shows to start the versus from second episode onwards. Probably so they can cover more area in the first episode.)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom