[CLOSED] Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Thanks! I just signed up for free swag.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I was just about to link the AV Club interview

Because it addresses some of my concerns, especially about the sex scene, Dana's character being eh, the only parts working being the action parts, etc.  The translation scene still feels wrong to me and they seem to address that too(why make this mistake after thirty years?  Why does he think something won't happen after he's fucked up twice?  If he's a ladies man having a constant, enormous amount of sex how can he be socially curtailed in this way?), and about the tone.   It feels like this is how the pilot's going to run for me - a solid B, and wel'll see how I feel by episode five when the cult camp plot happens (and folks are not helping by rating the episode an A- before they even see it).   I'm sure I'll feel fond about seventy to sixty percent of it.

They called Ruby a "cipher" ouch.

Apparently Bruce was the one stage-directing everyone/being the "boss" of the set post-the Raimi episode, if that eases anyone's minds! 

RE the new package deal thing; it's supposed to be for folks who want to run (apparently beer-soaked) parties for the premiere, and they're already sold out.  I'm starting to wonder if they're actually going to get any of this stuff to people on time in two weeks; I'm still waiting for my Ash 4 Prez stuff.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Speaking of swag the Ash 4 President stimulus packages/swag has finally arrived, and I managed to snag a couple of them. I need some new batteries for my camera... and once I get them I will take a few pics of the merchandise inside.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Shoot, missed out on the Big Ash Package. Looked like neat stuff. Still haven't seen a sign of the Ash4President swag, honestly thought it was going to be nothing.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I am excited to see that Ash 4 Prez stuff that you got! Missy tried twice. One for her and one for me being that I am NOT American and I missed out on this new stuff. I do have the shirt already at least. But the rest should be attainable through eBay easily. Wish that I didn't have to do that though.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

My apologies because I had to just scan the image in my scanner because of the lack of batteries, but here is the Hail to the Chief t-shirt which only comes in large, My Other Car is a Delta bumper sticker, 7 inches you can trust pencil, and Ash 4 President button. Luckily I got two packages... and most of the spots are on the scanner which needs a cleaning because it doesn't get a lot of use anymore. I also got a giant full sized Ash 4 President yard sign.


[attachment=24]
[attachment=25]
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

My apologies because I had to just scan the image in my scanner because of the lack of batteries, but here is My Other Car is a Delta bumper sticker, 7 inches you can trust pencil, Ash 4 President button, and the Hail to the Chief t-shirt which only comes in one size which is large. Luckily I got two packages which were huge because of the sign... and most of the spots are on the scanner which needs a cleaning because it doesn't get a lot of use anymore, haha. I also got a giant full sized Ash 4 President yard sign.   


[attachment=26]
[attachment=27]
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Hey Nick how long did it take to receive your swag after you signed up?
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I was incredibly shocked when UPS came up to me with this HUGE flat package. I can't believe Starz sent this stuff out for free.
Even the bloody box has Ash on it.
https://40.media.tumblr.com/4a7c02c74fdc50bec3fa0a631d83125f/tumblr_nwjdnwbqNM1rl1vlfo1_1280.png

https://41.media.tumblr.com/66f01276c4b3ecc63d15266f65e3c8c6/tumblr_nwjdnwbqNM1rl1vlfo2_1280.png

https://36.media.tumblr.com/7458acd45b369aa50037d8f47f0c2a73/tumblr_nwjdnwbqNM1rl1vlfo3_540.png
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Kain said:
Hey Nick how long did it take to receive your swag after you signed up?


If memory serves me the offer came up around September 18th, and they just arrived yesterday so right around a month. I'm sure they waited until around the premier to ship them so people would have them just in time for the final push.


EvilStarsteam said:
I was incredibly shocked when UPS came up to me with this HUGE flat package. I can't believe Starz sent this stuff out for free.
Even the bloody box has Ash on it.


I know. I thought when signing up that the yard signs would be miniature signs, but these are full blown signs with metal things so you can put them up. There is nothing cheap about these packages... and I'm sad I missed out on the recent one.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

I am so far still package-less.  I'm going to have to go check with my UPS provider and see what, if anything, I have waiting 'cause this is ridiculous

[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RmQhd9-7R8[/video]

Some new footage in this Dish Studio video, plus new Bruce and Lucy  interview, which is fairly cringy:

"Some Evil vs Dead Renditions haven't been as warmly received...."

tumblr_inline_nwl7t2EZaP1qhajju_540.png
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

ETA: did any of you ask for multiple packages? I just got ONE today.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

MaidOfKandar said:
ETA: did any of you ask for multiple packages?  I just got ONE today.

Party pack or Ash for President pack?
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

MaidOfKandar said:
ETA: did any of you ask for multiple packages?  I just got ONE today.

I got two Ash 4 President packages, and didn't see the other until they were gone. :(
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Did you get both of your Ash 4 Prez things at the same time or are you still waiting for one?  I ordered one for me and one for Elise but all I have is this one.

ETA: Bruce RE AvED's affiliation issues "[font=Arial, sans-serif]By the time [/font][font=Arial, sans-serif]#AVED[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] premiers 10/31, we will have 100 + Starz affiliates around the world. You CAN find them.[/font]"  Which is rather not helpful, TBH.

Then again he just said "subscribing to Starz is the only way to see unrestricted content" to someone who wants to buy the blu-ray release instead of watching the show as it airs on the net.  Which is either outright lying in an attempt to pitch Starz to people or a really poor attempt at trying head off bootlegging (also I love it when he says Starz is completely unrestricted.  They do have SOME broadcast restrictions over there).
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

They arrived together. Seeing the delivery guy walk up the driveway with two huge boxes must have been quite amusing.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

MaidOfKandar said:
Did you get both of yours at the same time or are you still waiting for one?

They arrived together. Seeing the delivery guy walk up the driveway with two huge boxes must have been quite amusing.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Oop, simultaneous post! Ugh, OK - I'll either have to talk to my UPS guy or just give this one straight on to Elise.
 
RE: Evil Dead Television Series [Spoilers Thread]

Bad Ruby! Wrestle with Deadites and partake in death defying stunts* as much as you like, but those little sticks will kill you, I tells yer!

*I don't know if her character actually does this, but she probably will at some point. I think she might be past the gravity defying flying around yelling "LEE-LEE-LEE-LEE-LEE**" stage though.

** Did we ever find out who Lee was, or why Xena shrieks his name? I had a theory (well a silly joke really. I'm in a silly mood for some reason), which I typed up, but it was a bit rude and I deleted it. I am not Starz.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom